Keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake, the delicious result of combining a low carb streusel coffee cake with pumpkin puree. It’s the perfect keto brunch recipe.
Have I got a treat for you today! It’s a recipe for keto-friendly pumpkin streusel coffee cake. It’s the keto coffee cake you will be making all pumpkin season long.
Are you looking for the perfect brunch treat to enjoy during the fall? Look no further, because this keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake is sure to be the star of your morning gatherings.
This keto pumpkin spiced coffee cake is moist, tender, rich, and easy to make. A true keto coffee cake masterpiece.
Both the keto cake layer and streusel topping are jammed packed with the spices of fall. Making every bite a delectable treat.
Do check out our Keto Pumpkin Coconut Flour Coffee Cake if you are needing a nut-free version. You can also check out my complete list of Keto Cakes that any cake lover doing keto would enjoy exploring.
And as a pumpkin spice lover don’t forget to also visit our Keto Pumpkin Recipes.
Keto Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
This keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake features a generous amount of streusel topping and a moist melt in your mouth pumpkin spice cake. If there ever was a way to showcase the deliciousness of keto foods, this keto coffee cake would be at the top of the list.
My recipe for keto pumpkin coffee cake was inspired by my favorite keto sour cream streusel coffee cake. A little tweaking of that recipe, allowed me to create what is sure to become a pumpkin season favorite.
Keto Pumpkin Coffee Cake For Brunch
Brunch has always been my favorite meal for a get-together. Something about guests showing up after they’ve had a restful night’s sleep to a gathering seems to set the tone beautifully.
And you know what else will make everyone smile? This recipe for keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake. Even your non-keto guests will gobble this coffee cake right up. Yup, that’s how confident I am that you too will fall in love with it.
When I tested this recipe on my family during an impromptu Saturday brunch, this pumpkin spiced coffee cake became the highlight of the day.
As good as the steak and eggs were, they didn’t hold a candle to the keto pumpkin coffee cake.
When I get an overwhelming response like this from my family, I know it’s a winning recipe and an answer to prayer.
Because this girl always prays for the download before attempting to create a recipe. I’ve said it numerous times and I will continue to say it, the Lord gets all the glory for these keto creations.
Almond Flour Low Carb Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Can you imagine greeting your guests during the holidays with a keto pumpkin coffee cake? I’m telling you, your brunch gathering will be the talk for years.
Made with almond flour it’s the perfect low-carb coffee cake when pumpkin season rolls around. It’s one I hope you will make it during the holidays.
What a delight for your guests to be arrested by the aroma of pumpkin spice when they enter your home. And how neat to be able to tell them that it’s NOT a fall candle they are smelling. But that it’s a healthy, sugar-free pumpkin streusel coffee cake you’ve made just for them.
How To Make A Great Keto Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
This easy keto brunch recipe uses a few staple ingredients found in low carb keto baking. And with my guidance, I hope to help you execute it perfectly.
The following are the ingredients you’ll need. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the post.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Almond flour finely milled
- Granulated sugar substitute
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ginger powder
- Nutmeg powder
- Ground clove
- Sea salt
- Unsalted butter
- Pumpkin puree
- Sour cream
- Almond flour finely milled
- Coconut flour
- Granulated sugar substitute
- Your favorite low carb nuts (I used walnuts)
- Cold unsalted butter sliced thinly
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Sea salt
- Confectioners sugar substitute
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
Tips For Making The Perfect Keto Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
- Do make sure all your ingredients for the cake portion are at room temperature, this will allow for easy mixing.
- Use only pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling. You want to use puree because it does not contain any added sugar or spices.
- Make sure you melt the butter and allow it to cool completely before creating the wet mixture. Then once cooled add the butter to the eggs, pumpkin puree, and sour cream.
- Combine all your dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding them to the wet ingredients. This way everything gets incorporated well.
- I love being generous with my spices and this pumpkin coffee cake is no exception. Feel free to substitute the spices listed for pumpkin spice.
Making The Perfect Keto Streusel Topping
It only takes a few basic steps to create an amazing streusel topping that is low in carbs and keto-friendly. And the reason you want a great keto streusel is that you can add this to some of our other keto cakes to further enhance them.
Trust me, once you embrace this keto streusel topping, you’ll be wanting to add it to just about any treat. I recommend you try it on our keto cream cheese pound cake for a nice little twist. Do let me know if you do because I love getting your feedback.
Keto Streusel Topping Tips
- Combine all the keto streusel dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- To this mixture add small thin slices of cold butter. It’s important that the butter to very cold. Then cut into the mixture with a pastry blender or two forks. This creates the crumbly texture that is a classic in the streusel.
- Set the keto streusel aside and add it to the top of the coffee cake right before baking.
Once you have baked and allowed your keto pumpkin coffee cake to cool completely about 20 minutes. You can drizzle the top of the cake with the keto vanilla icing.
Store any leftovers in the fridge after 24 hours. Although I highly doubt you’ll end up with too many leftovers. This recipe also freezes well, making it perfect for the holidays. Freeze the entire cake in the container and allow the cake to defrost in the fridge overnight or on the kitchen counter for several hours.
I can’t wait for you to add this keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake to your collection of healthy treats. If you decide to please remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook with your pictures. It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes for you.
Be sure to also check our collection of keto coffee cakes for more delicious options!
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting to we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days) We hope it blesses you.
Fittoservegroup Keto App
Looking for a fast way to access our keto recipes? We got you covered. There’s an app for that. Yup, there’s a Fit To Serve Group App and it’s going to make your keto diet a delicious breeze!
Access hundreds of recipes that are all sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
Enjoy early access to recipes before they go live on the website. Plus, bonus recipes that are exclusive to the app. Make your own personal cookbooks that you can use to organize your favorite recipes.
Search recipes by title, ingredients, keywords, and categories, and of course every recipe shows complete nutritional facts. Get the Fit to Serve Group App for easy-to-follow keto recipes made with easy-to-source ingredients.
The app is loaded with hundreds of yummy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts!
Learn more by visiting our Fit To Serve Group App Page.
Keto Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 2 cups of almond flour finely milled measured and sifted
- 1 ¼ cup of granulated sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 of teaspoon of clove powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter cooled
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of finely almond flour
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup of granulated sugar substitute
- ½ cup of your favorite low carb nuts (I used walnuts)
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup confectioners sugar substitute
- 4-5 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/8 of teaspoon of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch square pan or 9-inch spring-form cake pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar substitute, almond flour, coconut flour, walnuts, salt and cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg.
- To the dry ingredients add the cold thinly sliced butter and cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or two forks until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sugar substitute, spices, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir the cooled melted butter, sour cream, and eggs until they are well combined.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the wet mixture and combine until well incorporated.
- Then fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Spread the batter into the pan.
- Add the streusel topping over the cake and pat gently into the batter.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes or until the crumbs are lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 20 minutes before adding the icing and serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 27.2gSaturated Fat: 9.6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 6.9gNet Carbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 3.5gSugar: 1.9gProtein: 7.2g