The classic spring/ summer combination of strawberries and rhubarb comes together easily in this keto strawberry rhubarb bread recipe.
Enjoy this perfect keto quick bread for breakfast, snack, or dessert that features this delightful combo.
I can’t even begin to tell you how flat out delicious this loaf is. How baking this quick bread will fill your home with the most mouthwatering smells and have your family clamoring for a slice.
This recipe allows the flavor of strawberries and rhubarb to share the stage and similarly to my keto strawberry rhubarb crumble.
Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Bread
When you unite the strawberries and rhubarb you have the quintessential flavor of summer, at least in my book.
You get the sweetness of the strawberries that are at their peak of the season and the tartness of rhubarb for a flavor combo that is simply irresistible.
I mean who doesn’t love strawberries and rhubarb? The combination is truly unbeatable and one of my favorites.
This strawberry rhubarb bread also features a vanilla glaze that further enhances this flavor profile.
I can’t wait till you try this recipe, it’s one I am sure will surprise even the non-keto palate.
The best part of this recipe for low carb strawberry rhubarb bread is grain-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, nut-free and it’s diabetic and keto-friendly.
If that’s not a win I don’t know what is.
I opted to make this bread with coconut flour because I am getting so many requests for keto coconut flour recipes, I guess they are a bit hard to come by.
Thankfully, I have been able to perfect my keto baking tips with lots of trials and errors.
Low Carb Strawberry Rhubarb Loaf
I’m happy to report that this low carb strawberry rhubarb loaf is easy to make and uses ingredients that are not difficult to source.
Baking with rhubarb makes sense during a season that so many people are looking for ways to use their rhubarb crop.
Unfortunately for me, I cannot grow rhubarb in my backyard because this perennial vegetable needs some periods of cooler weather that South Florida just does not provide.
Thankfully, I am able to pick some fresh rhubarb in the height of its season although I end up paying a pretty penny.
The great news is that it can be found in the freezer section of some of the wiser supermarkets in our area. Thank you, Publix!
That’s right you can also use frozen rhubarb in this quick bread recipe. A great option for those of you who are fortunate to have a crop that needs freezing. Or if like me you sometimes have to resort to the freezer section of your favorite grocers.
How To Make Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Bread
This recipe for low carb strawberry rhubarb bread uses cream cheese in the batter which compliments the flavor, I feel of the strawberries and rhubarb perfectly. It’s also my secret ingredient for tons of different keto recipes!
It adds tons of flavor, fat, and wow factor to so many of my most loved keto recipes. I’ve collected all of my keto cream cheese recipes in one convenient spot for you to enjoy.
This keto quick bread comes together easily by combining the butter, cream cheese, sugar substitute, vanilla extract in a large bowl. Then add in your eggs one at a time, mixing in between.
After that, you’ll add in your dry ingredients and mix in the sour cream slowly. Then it’s just a matter of folding in the strawberries and rhubarb and baking your keto quick bread.
What You’ll Need
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
To make this easy keto strawberry rhubarb bread you’ll just need the following basic ingredients:
- Fresh or frozen thinly sliced rhubarb
- Fresh sliced strawberries
- Coconut flour
- Granulated sugar substitute
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Melted butter
- Baking powder
*Note that the full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post.
What Is A Keto Quick Bread?
In case you are wondering what exactly is a quick bread. It’s any type of bread that does not require yeast for rising. It means it’s is usually leavened with baking powder or soda or even both. And it requires no time to “rise”
In the case of keto quick bread, it has the same qualities in that it uses baking soda or baking powder but it also uses low carb flours.
The best part is that quick bread can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, making it a versatile choice.
I sure hope you will give this recipe for keto strawberry rhubarb bread a try. Once you do, make sure you remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook. It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
If there is one thing I particularly proud of sharing it’s how we combined our Christian faith with the keto diet.
In case you don’t know, Randy and I came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our entire lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
Randy had been a diabetic for over 15 years and he was dealing with the consequences of this disease. I was a survivor of the Guillan Barre Syndrome and was fighting fibromyalgia and chronic sciatica.
To say we needed God’s intervention is putting it mildly. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting to we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. I love how supportive and encouraging this group of believers is. It’s exciting to see how people are transforming their lives by combining this lifestyle with the Christian faith.
The testimonies coming out of our Fittoservegroup is what motivates us to continue to share what we’ve learned.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Get Our Perfect Keto Hack Tip!
Of course, arming yourself with keto recipes like this bread certainly key in doing this diet long enough to see the many benefits.
But even with the best low carb ketogenic recipes sometimes additional help is needed.
With this in mind, we also encourage you to have the right supplements to help you get and stay in ketosis. Because when you have the right tools the keto diet becomes easier.
Perhaps you’ve struggled to get into ketosis consistently on your low carb keto diet, or you’ve hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge, consider using Perfect KETO’s bundle to assist you.
It’s a great way to see the benefits sooner rather than later.
You’ll learn how to elevate your ketones naturally enter into ketosis more quickly. Being at a deeper level of ketosis will help reduce your appetite, carb cravings, and give you lasting energy.
These are the things you want to see happen as they make this diet sustainable and it’s why we recommend them.
Perfect Keto has offered our readers a 15% discount on their products. Simply use this link for all qualifying products and the code FITTOSERVE at checkout.
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute, I use Lakanto
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Vanilla Keto Icing (optional)
- 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar substitute
- 2-4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Allow your eggs, cream cheese, butter to come to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10-inch loaf pan. Line the pan with parchment paper
- Combine the butter, cream cheese, sugar substitute, vanilla extract using an electric mixer until well incorporated.
- To this mixture add the 6 eggs beating well after each addition. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl several times to make sure the mixture is well blended.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine your coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon powder, and set aside.
- To this mixture slowly add the dry ingredients and combine them at a low mixing setting. Making sure to scrape the bowl a couple of times.
- Once the two mixtures are fully combined stop using the electric mixer and fold in the sour cream gently. Making sure the sour cream gets fully incorporated into the batter but be careful to not over mix.
- Note that the batter will be very thick and fluffy. This is the normal texture when using coconut flour exclusively in a recipe.
- Next, gently fold the chopped rhubarb and strawberries. Once the bread batter is well-mixed spread it into the loaf pan.
- Bake the loaf for 65-75 minutes until lightly brown on the top and when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before drizzling the icing and slicing.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 220Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9.8gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 9.8gNet Carbohydrates: 4.2gFiber: 5.6gSugar: 1gProtein: 6.3g