This keto cranberry cake is a holiday showstopper. It’s a buttery bundt cake that is studded with bright fresh cranberries and marries the sweetness of the cake with the tartness of the cranberries beautifully.
It’s a keto Christmas cake and it’s going to be an instant hit with your loved ones this holiday season, I promise!
Whether you are serving this moist, flavorful, low carb stunner on Christmas eve or day, it’s sure to get the oohs and ahhs. And even from those NOT doing keto, yes it’s that good.
A keto-friendly cranberry cake that is sugar-free, gluten-free, and flat out delicious what more can you ask for?
Every year I stock up on cranberries and keep them in my freezer so that I can keep developing keto cranberry recipes even when they are not in season.
After one bite of this rich cake, you may find yourself doing the same. Trust me, it’s so worth the space frozen cranberries occupy in your fridge.
The best part is that although you are using raw cranberries in this low carb cranberry cake, your cranberries can be fresh or frozen, and there is no reason to defrost if you go the frozen route. Winning!
Just toss those cranberry bags into your freezer and enjoy any time of the year!
Keto Cranberry Cake
This holiday season why not make a low carb Christmas cake that will provide you with memories for years. I chose to make this recipe in a bundt pan for ease and stunningness.
But of course, you can also bake this cake in a 9X13 pan with equally great results. I’ll share the baking time for both in the recipe card so you have options.
The batter of this cake uses a combination of almond and coconut flour, which I feel gives it the perfect tender crumb. And it gets its moistness and richness by using both butter and cream cheese in the batter. Oh yum.
How To Make A Keto Cranberry Cake
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
I love how this keto cranberry bundt cake comes together quickly and that the bright, tart cranberries give it a more festive flare.
All these qualities make it a perfect keto dessert to share with cranberry loving guests, especially since even non-keto folks will swoon for this Christmas cake.
Ingredients Needed For A Keto Christmas Cake
The following are the ingredients you’ll need for this gluten-free cranberry cake, note that the full printable recipe is at the bottom of the post.
- Almond flour, finely milled
- Coconut flour
- Sugar-substitute, Lakanto granulated
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Orange extract
- Fresh orange zest
- Full fat cream cheese softened
- Eggs, room temperature
- Heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- Fresh or frozen raw cranberries
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
You’ll need just a few tools to make this recipe most of which you hopefully already have on hand.
Let me also mention that the type of bundt pan you use is important. Not all are created equal and after awhile bundt pans don’t release the cakes well so investing in a good one is worth the tiny investment.
I use a CasaWare’s brand because it has a granite ceramic that makes for easy release baking.
However, if you opt to use a 9 x 13-inch pan, I personally like the ceramic nonstick ones.
Sugar- Substitute Options
When it comes to choosing which sugar-substitute to use for this cranberry sugar-free cake, I have some options for you. My two favorite granulated sugar substitutes for this recipe are Lakanto Monk Fruit or Swerve.
You could also use the stevia and erythritol-based brand Pyure. But if using Pyure you will want to use 1/2 the amount called for in this cake recipe since it’s a much sweeter option.
Lastly, if you can’t easily find a more natural sugar substitute you can also use Splenda. You will want to use the Splenda that has a bulking agent. It’s the one that comes in larger bags. I don’t recommend Splenda Bake because it’s actually half sugar half sucralose product and will be too high in carbs to be considered keto-friendly
In case you don’t know I have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Take a moment to check out our Amazon Store for our recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our email list so that we can stay connected.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Randy and I came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
Randy had been a diabetic for over 15 years and he was dealing with the consequences of this disease. I was a survivor of the Guillan Barre Syndrome and was fighting fibromyalgia and chronic sciatica.
To say we needed God’s intervention is putting it mildly. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting to we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Note that once you click the link you will be prompted to answer a few questions that ensure that you understand what this group stands for.
Favorite Keto Meal Planner
If you’ve been looking for an easy way to meal plan, consider checking out my review on Real Plans.
By using a keto meal planner you will free up your time by streamlining the process. I hope you agree with me that the last thing anyone needs, is to spend hours attempting to put a meal plan together.
Real Plans will finally put an end to frustrating hours of trying to create healthy meals. After all, we all know how challenging it can be to meet the demands of our full lives.
I love how Real Plans understands that the average busy person has no clue how to meal plan successfully, let alone consistently. Plus you can even use our Keto Recipes to form to create your weekly meal plans.
- 2 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour , measured and sifted
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, plus two tablespoons to grease the pan
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar substitute, Lakanto
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of orange extract
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of fresh orange zest
Keto Vanilla Icing
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar substitute
- 4 ounces of full fat cream cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Using the two tablespoons of softened butter liberally butter the 12-cup bundt pan.
- Measure and sift the almond flour and set aside. Don't skip this step as it helps produces the best cake texture.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the sifted almond flour to the bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer cream the softened cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, orange extract, orange zest, and sugar substitute. Beat until fully combined and light and fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs one at a time being sure to combine well after each addition. and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well with your electric mixer set to low.
- Next, fold in the heavy cream.
- Lastly, fold in the raw cranberries. Note that you can use frozen or fresh cranberries.
- Add the batter to the prepared bundt pan. Note that the batter is quite thick.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean but is still moist.
- Allow the cake to cool on a baking rack for about 20 minutes before unmolding the cake onto a cake stand or a platter.
- Once the cake is on the cake stand allow to cool for another 10 minutes or so before pouring the icing over the surface of the bundt cake.
Keto Vanilla Icing
- In a medium-sized bowl, using an electric mixer beat cream cheese, confectioner's sugar substitute.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, the vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Add additional tablespoons of heavy cream if the icing is too thick.
If baking in a 9 x 13-inch pan bake the cranberry cake for 30-35 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 22.6gSaturated Fat: 10.3gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 8.1gNet Carbohydrates: 4.1gFiber: 4gSugar: .3gProtein: 6.2g