This recipe for keto chicken cordon bleu lasagna is not only delicious, but it’s much easier than the traditional version you are used to!
Instead of the rolled and breaded classic chicken cordon bleu, this low-carb chicken cordon bleu lasagna combines chicken breasts, ham, swiss cheese, and a rich cream sauce and uses cauliflower wraps in place of lasagna noodles.
This makes it a gluten-free chicken cordon bleu lasagna to boot!
If you are a fan of comfort food and looking for a chicken cordon bleu recipe that the entire family will love, this low-carb recipe is it!
I have a keto chicken cordon bleu casserole that loosely inspired this dish you might also want to try.
Do make sure to check out our complete list of Keto Chicken Recipes that I think you’ll love when trying to figure out what to make for dinner!
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
Coming in at a fraction of the carbs compared to a traditional chicken cordon bleu, this iconic dish got a keto makeover that is blue ribbon worthy.
Do you know that a breaded cordon bleu recipe can have as many as 46 total carbs per serving? Those breaded cutlets and the creamy sauce thickened with flour just make it prohibitive when doing a keto diet.
Thankfully, this is not only an easy keto chicken cordon bleu lasagna, it has only 4.2 net carbs per serving and 23.9 total fat allowing it to fit your keto macros effortlessly.
Ingredients Needed To Make A Keto Cordon Bleu Lasagna
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The following is what you’ll need to make this low-carb chicken cordon bleu lasagna recipe. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page.
- Boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded, or half a rotisserie chicken
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Thin slices of ham
- Crepini Cauliflower Wraps or equivalent
Keto Creamy White Cheese Sauce
- Unsalted butter
- Full-fat cream cheese softened at room temperature
- Heavy cream
- Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Grated parmesan cheese
Keto “Bread “Crumb Topping
Alternatively, you can swap out the almond flour for crushed pork rinds if you prefer to avoid nuts.
I then added Italian seasoning as well as salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes before mixing it all well.
How To Make Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
Making the keto chicken cordon bleu lasagna is pretty straightforward.
Enjoy the delicious flavors of chicken cordon bleu but without the hassle of assembling individual chicken rolls.
You’ll start by cooking your chicken breasts in a large pot over medium heat on your stovetop. To do so, place the chicken pieces on the bottom of a large pot and season with salt and pepper.
Then cover the chickens with enough water so that they are submerged.
Bring the water to a low simmer and cook for about 10–15 minutes until the chicken turns opaque and is fully cooked through or reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Then drain the chicken and shred it. I shredded my chicken in a stand-up mixer. It’s the quickest way.
Keto Creamy Cheese Sauce
To make the cream sauce, you’ll melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat.
Then add to the melted butter the heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, prepared mustard, and paprika.
Lower heat and allow the ingredients to melt and fully combine while stirring your pot.
Once the sauce is prepared set it aside.
Keto Bread Topping
To make the “bread” crumb topping, combine in a small bowl the almond flour or crushed pork rinds, grated parmesan cheese, Italian spices, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Set it aside.
Assembling The Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
To assemble the lasagna, begin by preheating the oven to 350°F.
Generously butter a 13×9-inch baking pan.
I then recommend you slice each Crepini wrap in half to make it easier to layer.
Next, to the prepared 13×9 well-baking dish, you’ll add 1/4 cup of the cheesy, creamy dijon sauce and spread it evenly.
Arrange 1/2 of the wraps over the sauce and spread half the cooked shredded chicken and ham over the wraps.
Then pour half of the cheese sauce over the chicken and ham.
Repeat layers starting with the remaining wraps, remaining chicken and ham, and the remaining cheese sauce.
Finish the lasagna by adding the shredded Swiss cheese, and then topping it with the keto bread crumbs.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the lasagna is bubbling and the top is lightly brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna With Crepini Egg Thins
The first time I tried Crepini Egg Thins I knew I had a super easy hack to bring pasta-tasting lasagna back into our family with a recipe that even non-keto folks would embrace.
All it took was slightly tweaking my lasagna recipes to make it a delicious, easy lasagna “noodle” option.
There is no denying that if you’re a fan of pasta and doing keto, missing pasta can make it quite challenging to stay committed. But that no longer has to be the case.
Not only will using cauliflower egg thins in place of lasagna noodles keep you on track but it’s a ridiculously easy option since there is no need to boil the noodles.
What Are Crepini Egg Thins?
Not familiar with Crepini egg wraps? They are premade, packaged crepes made with eggs and cauliflower powder.
By using eggs and cauliflower powder in their crepes they have found a way to have a zero net carb, pliable, wrap.
It’s basically, a crepe that gains its structure from the added cauliflower powder.
But if you cannot easily source Crepini wraps you can use any egg white wrap in its place. Using Egglife is a great option too.
Where Can You Buy Crepini Egg Wraps?
I recommend you visit their site to find a location near you. I know they are always expanding where you can purchase their wraps.
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna With Rotisserie Chicken
To shave some extra cooking time you can make this lasagna with pre-cooked cooked rotisserie chicken. You could also use leftover chicken!
Knowing you have the option to bring a delicious meal quickly to the table is reason enough to consider using pre-cooked chicken and to keto meal plan accordingly.
I sure hope you will give this keto-friendly chicken cordon bleu lasagna recipe a try and will help us share. If you give it a try, make sure you remember to tag us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for our recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Grab Our Books & APP
In case you don’t know we have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Gain access to simple and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts with our FITTOSERVEGROUP APP.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days) We hope it blesses you.
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded (divided)
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham, cut into 1 inch cubes (divided)
- 1 package of Crepini Cualiflower Wraps or equivalent
- 1 cup of almond flour or crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian spices
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese (Topping)
Creamy Cheesy White Sauce
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 8 ounces of full-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Cook your chicken breasts in a large pot on your stovetop. To do so place the chicken on the bottom of the pot and season them with salt and pepper.
- Cover the chicken with enough water that they are submerged. Bring the water to a low simmer and cook from 10-15 minutes until the chicken turns opaque and is fully cooked or reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Then drain the chicken and shred them. I shred my chicken in a stand-up mixer it's the quickest way but you can also shred by hand.
Cream Sauce Instructions
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, prepared mustard, and dry spices. Whisk until smooth. Add the Swiss cheese and bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened about 7-10 minutes.
- Once the sauce is prepared remove it from the heat and set it aside.
Keto "Bread" Topping
- In a small bowl combine the almond flour or crushed pork rinds, grated parmesan cheese, Italian spices, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Set it aside. Note that 1/2 cup of shredded Swiss cheese will be added first then the "bread" crumbs topping.
Assembling The Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter generously a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Slice each Crepini wrap in half to make it easier to layer. Set them aside.
- To the prepared 13x9 baking dish, add 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce and spread evenly.
- Arrange 1/2 of the wraps over the sauce and spread half the cooked shredded chicken and ham over the wraps.
- Pour 1/2 of the remaining cheese sauce over the chicken and ham.
- Repeat layers starting with the remaining wraps, remaining chicken and ham, and the remaining cheese sauce.
- Finish the lasagna by adding the shredded Swiss cheese topping, and the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the lasagna is bubbling and the top is lightly brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
You can save time by using half a rotisserie chicken that has been shredded instead of cooking the chicken breasts for a faster meal.
Feel free to assemble the lasagna and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours and then bake for a make-ahead option.
Substitution For Almond Flour
You can swap out the almond flour for crushed pork rinds if you prefer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 23.9gSaturated Fat: 15.8gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 5.9gNet Carbohydrates: 4.2gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 3.3gProtein: 24.4g