This recipe for keto baked brie is not only gluten-free, sugar-free, and keto-friendly but is extremely delicious and easy to make! It features an entire wheel of brie and homemade sugar-free cranberry sauce all wrapped up in a keto pastry crust!
That’s right, a keto pastry crust that’s actually crisp and flakey! Made with almond flour, coconut flour, and melted mozzarella cheese, this keto pastry is worth so much more than the very little effort it takes to make!
It’s so easy, in fact, that you can make it ahead of time and you can also use your leftover keto cranberry sauce to save even more time! This keto baked brie with cranberry is festive enough for the holidays but simple enough for any day! You’re seriously going to love this keto baked brie!
If you’re also a fan of cranberry or just overall festive and easy keto recipes then I highly recommend you check out my recipe for keto no-bake cranberry cheesecake minis and my keto cranberry cake. I’ve also taken the time to collect all of my keto cranberry recipes in one convenient place, just for you! That’s a win!
Keto Baked Brie
If you love baked brie and thought you couldn’t have this pastry covered ooey-gooey appetizer anymore, I’ve got great news for you! This recipe is so good that it will have even your non-keto friends impressed and coming back for seconds! Seriously, this thing disappears FAST!
This dish is perfect for taking to a holiday party or just a Friday night in! I’ll admit, it’s so good that I may have eaten half of it just by myself immediately after photographing it! Mistakes were made but it was totally worth it to be honest.
What makes this gluten-free baked brie so special is that it adapts our favorite keto pie crust recipe as the replacement for traditional pastry that’s full of unnecessary carbs. It also features our keto cranberry sauce that is a well-loved recipe in our family for years and years.
How To Make Keto Baked Brie In Pastry
Now, here’s my favorite part about this keto baked brie, you have several options on how to make it and they’re all easy! It might sound intimidating but I promise, it’s done in no time!
You could make all the components all-in-one go and bake it right away and enjoy or with a little planning ahead save even more time!
Because this only uses a small amount of cranberry sauce, you can prepare the full-size amount from my keto cranberry sauce recipe and reserve one cup to use for your baked brie. This would be perfect to take to your Thanksgiving dinner! Showing up with keto cranberry sauce and a keto cranberry baked brie is sure to make any host happy!
Did I mention this also rebakes beautifully?? You can bake it and bring the cranberry sauce with you separately and pop it in the oven when you arrive for 10 to 15 minutes to melt!
You can also use your leftover cranberry sauce from the day before for the perfect Black Friday brunch appetizer!
After you have your cranberry sauce ready, it’s really just a matter of making your dough which comes together in a few minutes (with a 15 minute rest time in the freezer).
Then you’ll cut your brie in half and remove the rind if you wish. This step is totally up to you and your preference, I’ve made it both ways and it works great either way.
I prefer the extra gooeyness you get from removing the rind but it’s definitely optional!
Once your brie is cut in half and your dough has chilled, it’s time to assemble your keto cranberry baked brie.
First, you’ll roll out your keto pastry dough into a large square, about a ¼ inch thick.
You can use your brie (or the box it comes in) as a guide, making sure that your square is large enough to cover it entirely.
When your dough has been rolled out and cut to shape simply place one half of the brie in the middle of the dough and top with half of the cranberry. Then add the second half of the brie on top and fold over the corners of the dough until the entire brie is covered.
You can then use your hands to gently shape the brie a little bit better. Your dough may soften during this process which is totally fine and you can just wrap up the entire thing using parchment paper and chill for another 15 minutes in the freezer. This step isn’t necessary but can be very helpful if your dough has become more sticky from being handled a lot.
The great thing about this keto pastry dough is that it’s very forgiving! It can be chilled for 15 minutes in the freezer and it’s good as new!
It’s also very moldable and is easy to smooth out scratches and imperfections! It’s truly a dream to work with!
What You’ll Need To Make A Gluten-Free Baked Brie
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The following is a list of ingredients and tools you’ll need to make this keto brie recipe. Note that the full recipe card is below.
- Fresh (or frozen) cranberries for the sauce
- Granulated sugar substitute, for the cranberry sauce filling
- Orange extract
- Saucepan or large microwave-safe bowl
- 8 oz brie wheel
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, melted
I sure hope you give this keto-friendly baked brie recipe a try and help us share it. If you give it a try, make sure you remember to tag us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for our recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Grab Our Books!
In case you don’t know we created two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
If there is one thing I particularly proud of sharing it’s how we combined our Christian faith with the keto diet.
In case you don’t know, Randy and I came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our entire lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
Randy had been a diabetic for over 15 years and he was dealing with the consequences of this disease. I was a survivor of the Guillan Barre Syndrome and was fighting fibromyalgia and chronic sciatica.
To say we needed God’s intervention is putting it mildly. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting to we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. I love how supportive and encouraging this group of believers is. It’s exciting to see how people are transforming their lives by combining this lifestyle with the Christian faith.
The testimonies coming out of our Fittoservegroup is what motivates us to continue to share what we’ve learned.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Note that once you click the link you will be prompted to answer a few questions that ensure that you understand what this group stands for.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute, I use Lakanto
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- Keto Dough Crust: In a medium-sized bowl combine the coconut flour and the almond flour and salt.
- Melt the unsalted butter and set aside.
- To the dry ingredients add the melted butter and combine quickly.
- Next, add the egg and combine.
- Melt the mozzarella cheese in the microwave for a total of 90 seconds stirring halfway through. Once it comes out of the microwave mix well until fully incorporated. You can also melt the mozzarella cheese in a double boiler.
- Add the melted mozzarella cheese to the mixture and knead the dough with your hands until all the cheese is blended well into the pie dough. I recommend you do so between two sheets of parchment paper so that the dough doesn't stick to your hands.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper and place in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- While the dough chills, prepare your cranberry sauce.
- Cranberry Sauce: In a large microwave-safe bowl combine the cranberries, water, sugar substitute, orange extract, and cinnamon powder.
- Microwave for 5 to 7 minutes, until the cranberries burst. Let cool for 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can add all of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil and allow to simmer 10 to 15 minutes until the cranberries have burst.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the brie by slicing in half and cutting off the rind ( if you choose).
- Once the dough has chilled, roll out into a large square about 1/4" thick. Place one half of your brie in the center and add the cooled cranberry sauce on top. Add just enough to cover the surface but not overflow.
- Top with the second half of the brie and fold over all 4 corners of the dough until the brie is covered. Flip over and using a skewer create vertical lines across the surface and then horizontal lines to create a checkered pattern. This is optional but an easy way to elevate the presentation.
- Place the brie on parchment paper on a baking sheet or in an oven-safe dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the dough browns slightly and the cheese is completely melted.
- Top with remaining cranberry sauce and sprinkle cinnamon, serve immediately.
You can prepare the cranberry sauce up to 2 days ahead of time.
You can also alternatively assemble the entire pastry-wrapped brie and store wrapped in parchment paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 24 hours beforehand.
Store any leftovers for up to 1 day in an airtight container, best reheated in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted completely again.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 14.3gSaturated Fat: 6.3gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 7.3gNet Carbohydrates: 3.6gFiber: 3.7gSugar: 0.7gProtein: 5.1g