This keto key lime pound cake is a key lime lover’s dream. Moist, dense, sweet, and topped with a key lime icing, it’s a keto version of its high-carb counterpart!
The recipe is a keto key lime cream cheese pound cake that uses key lime juice, key lime extract, and key lime zest for maximum flavor.
I love sharing recipes that will help your keto journey. This cake is perfect for a special occasion, like St. Patrick’s day or anytime you have a bag of key limes and looking for a keto dessert option.
Although it’s a grain-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto-friendly pound cake, its bright key lime flavor will make you think you’re cheating on keto. But thankfully, this easy keto cake is absolutely keto compliant!
This key lime pound cake is made with almond flour but I also have a keto coconut flour pound cake where you can add all the key lime flavors in order to make it nut-free if this is what you are needing. It’s a great option for those who cannot consume nuts.
Inspired by our very popular keto pound cake recipe. This key lime version is sure to be well-loved too.
Keto Key Lime Pound Cake
Whether you are looking for a great key lime dessert that is keto-friendly or a snack to enjoy with your favorite cup of hot beverage, this is the cake for you.
It’s one you will be proud to share. Trust me when I tell you that it’s a low-carb cake everyone will embrace, making it perfect for family gatherings or to take to your next church potluck.
I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Can You Substitute Key Lime Juice For Lime Juice?
If you cannot easily access key limes, you can substitute in equal amounts with Persian limes that are more commonly found in grocery stores.
However, I do not recommend substituting lemon juice for key limes because the flavor is quite different and the end result will not be the same.
You can also use bottled key lime juice as a good alternative to fresh key limes.
How To Make a Keto Key Lime Pound Cake
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The following are all the basic ingredients you’ll need to make an almond flour key lime cake that tastes like a traditional pound cake.
Note that the full recipe card is at the bottom of the page.
- Finely milled almond flour I suggest you measure then sift the almond flour for best results, yes even if it is finely milled
- Granulated sugar-substitute
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- Eggs, room temperature
- Key lime juice, fresh or bottled key lime juice
- Key lime extract
- Freshly grated key lime zest
- Vanilla extract
Keto Key Lime Frosting, To Top The Cake
- Confectioner’s sugar substitute
- Full-fat cream cheese softened
- Unsalted butter softened
- Cold heavy cream
- Key lime extract
- Freshly grated key lime zest for garnish (optional)
- Key limes sliced for garnish (optional)
The following are the materials you’ll need:
Best Sugar Substitute Options For Sugar-Free Key Lime Pound Cake
When it comes to choosing your sweetener for this key lime-infused keto pound cake, I have several low-carb options that work well.
I really like Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener because the texture is spot on and because there is barely any aftertaste. This is a great one especially if you are new to sugar substitutes because it mimics sugar the most in my book.
I’m also partial to Swerve an erythritol blend. Although you should keep in mind that it does have a bit more of a cooling aftertaste that some people dislike.
Alternatively, you could also use stevia and erythritol-based brand like Pyure. This is if you prefer to use stevia in your baked goods. But note that if you go this route you will need to reduce the amount of sweetener by half since it is twice as sweet as the others.
Lastly, if you can’t easily find a more natural sugar substitute you can also use Splenda with great success. I know not everyone would agree with me here and I respect that but in my book, it’s still better than regular sugar.
I sure hope you will give this sugar-free key lime pound cake recipe a try. Once you do, make sure you remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook. It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes.
If you are wanting a lemon version of this cake, try our keto lemon pound cake for another tasty option.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for our recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Grab Our Books!
In case you don’t know we have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Do you know that it wasn’t until Randy and I began to combine the promises of God’s word about healing and changed our diet to a ketogenic one, that we finally began to see our health improve?
By cutting out the junk and focussing on real foods we gave our bodies the nutrition they needed. Then our bodies did what God designed them to do, to heal themselves. This is what we believe it means to live in divine health.
This act of obedience is what birthed Fittoserve Group. Today, we are seeing thousands of lives impacted and the ripple effect of our decision to combine our Christian faith with the keto diet is making a difference in ways we may never know this side of eternity.
Consider joining our Private Facebook Group where others are combining their Christian Faith with that of a ketogenic lifestyle.
I love how supportive and encouraging this group of believers is. It’s exciting to see how people are transforming their lives by combining this lifestyle with the Christian faith.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Note that once you click the link you will be prompted to answer a few questions that ensure that you understand what this group stands for.
Superior Fuel In A Form Of Exogenous Ketone Supplement
Here at Fittoservegroup, we believe in using keto recipes to help you do the keto diet effectively. But what if I told you, there was a way you could enter ketosis almost immediately and have sustained energy in a form of a clean supplement?
I know this may sound too good to be true, but we have seen for ourselves the benefits of exogenous ketones and it’s why we believe they can be an effective tool.
However, NOT all exogenous ketones are the same and some just don’t deliver enough BHB per serving to see results.
Well, KETOSTART ® is a fast-acting, readily available, carbohydrate-free, and highly efficient fuel source, designed to help you reach and maintain a state of ketosis, offering the benefits of elevated ketone levels easily.
Each serving has 10g BHB! It is a powerful and effective blend of exogenous ketones in the form of beta-hydroxybutyrate salts with electrolytes, to give your body the extra energy it needs.
We are loving how we are achieving and maintaining ketosis effortlessly and wanted to share them with you in case you wanted to try them too.
WHY WE ENDORSE KETOSTART
The following are just a few of the reasons we recommend KETOSTART
- Backed by science that is built on decades of experience
- Enjoy Ketosis Within Minutes
- No Unpleasant Aftertaste Or GI Side Effects
- 10G BHB Per Serving
- Includes Electrolytes
- Long-Lasting Ketosis
- Transparent Labeling
- Reasonably Priced
KETOSTART® contains 10g* BHB per serving. *(6g Ca-BHB – 0.96g Ca) + (6g Na-BHB – 1.065g Na) = 9.975g BHB
If you are looking for a ketone supplement that will help you get into ketosis consistently and help you see the results you are hoping for, we invite you to try KETOSTART ® just use our link to get access to a discount and test for yourselves!
- 8 ounce of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup of butter softened
- 8 whole eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups of granulated sugar substitute
- 2 ½ cups of finely ground almond flour, measured and sifted
- 1/3 cup of key lime juice fresh or bottled
- 2 teaspoons of key lime extract
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated key lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
Keto Key Lime Frosting:
- 1/2 cup and two tablespoons of confectioner's sugar substitute
- 6 ounces of full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of key lime extract
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated key lime zest for garnish (optional)
- 4 key limes sliced for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and line with parchment paper a 10X5 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl measure and sift the almond flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer add the softened cream cheese, butter, key lime extract, vanilla extract and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- To this mixture add the sugar substitute and combine well.
- Then add the 8 eggs one at a time, making sure that it is fully incorporated.
- Next stir in the sifted almond flour, salt, baking powder, key lime zest and mix well.
- Lastly, stir in the key lime juice, and beat until the batter is fully incorporated.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool on a baking rack for at least 15 minutes before unmolding.
- Allow the cake to fully cool. Then spread the key lime frosting to the pound cake and garnish with key lime zest and garnish.
- Store leftovers for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 weeks in the freezer. If storing the cake for more than one day, I recommend removing the lime slices as the peel can cause the frosting to go slightly bitter.
Keto Key Lime Frosting
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, butter, extract, and confectioners sugar substitute until well combined.
- Add the cold heavy cream and beat well until fully incorporated, being sure to scrape the bowl several times. If the frosting is too thick add a couple more tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Using an offset spatula spread the icing over the cake. Garnish the cake with key lime zest and slices of key lime.
This low-carb key lime pound cake is made with almond flour but I also have a keto coconut flour pound cake where you can add all the key lime flavors featured in this recipe. It's a great option for those who cannot consume nuts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 29.8gSaturated Fat: 10.8gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 4.2gNet Carbohydrates: 1.7gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 1.5gProtein: 5.3g