Have you ever been in a mood for a brownie and a shortbread cookie? Well, my keto shortbread brownie cookies were birthed out of that exact craving. So if you are looking for a recipe that includes two favorites, you are in for a major treat.
Sometimes, when I am creating a recipe I immediately know if it’s going to be winner. By the same token when I know something is not going to work I can tell almost instantly.
Thankfully, I knew that these keto shortbread brownies cookies were going to be a hit. It’s moments like these that truly get me excited about keto baking.
A Brownie And A Shortbread Cookie
I wanted a keto shortbread cookie, because if I had to pick just one type of cookie, shortbread would definitely be my choice.
My goal was to create a low carb option that resembled a cookie that I used to make all the time for my friends and family before I went keto.
Those cookies were a combination of both a brownie and a shortbread cookie and they were a rich decadent treat.
So the challenge of creating a keto, low carb brownie shortbread cookie was on. Because I needed this type of cookie back in my life and I was determined to make it happen.
Who wouldn’t want the best of a classic brownie with a rich layer shortbread? Exactly!
Well, I am happy to share that this challenge was conquered and keto brownie shortbread cookies were birthed.
Honestly, they are simply amazing! And just like that I created a new favorite low carb, keto cookie recipe for your all to enjoy.
Constructing Keto Brownie Shortbread Cookies
Low carb brownie shortbread cookies have a bottom layer of rich buttery shortbread cookies, and the richest brownie you will ever have.
The added brownie top layer is a game-changer in my book. Why? Because you know what’s better than a keto carb shortbread cookie? One that has a keto brownie layer.
It’s perfect for those times when you can’t decide what you’re in the mood for.
Frankly, I don’t know why it took me so long to sit down and create these low carb brownie shortbread cookies. All I can say, is you’ll be glad I finally did.
I was so inspired to make this cookie after I created low carb shortbread cookies
If you decide to make any of our recipes, please take a quick picture and make sure to tag us on Instagram, or Facebook. You have no idea who much it encourages me to keep creating for you when I see your pictures.
Keto Shortbread Brownie Cookies
A delicious keto brownie with a shortbread base. It gives you the best of a brownie and a shortbread cookie.
25 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 cup of finely ground almond flour (it needs to be finely milled)
- ¼ cup of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- ½ cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter allowed to soften at room temperature.
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate bar (I use Baker’s)
- ½ cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1 cup of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 11X7 pan or a 10-inch round spring form pan like I did.
- Create the base of this cookie by mixing the almond flour and sugar substitute in a stand-up mixer.
- Once combined add the softened butter until dough forms.
- Place the layer of this dough into the bottom of your pan. I use wet hands to pat the dough so it doesn’t stick.
- Bake until light and golden brown for 20 minutes and then allow to fully cool before proceeding. (Place the base in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to fully cool)
- Leave your oven on and prepare the low carb brownie topping:
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double-broiler or use the microwave in 1 minute intervals. Make sure to mix well and then set aside to cool.
- To the melted and cooled butter and chocolate mix, add the 2 eggs,sugar substitute, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk well until fully combined.
- Spread this low carb brownie mixture to the low carb shortbread base evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the top rises slightly. The center will drop once it cools. You don’t want to over bake them so that they maintain a rich fudgy texture on top. Allow them to cool completely before slicing and enjoying.
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more!
Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes.
You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer.
I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Watch this short video to explain how it works.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.