Have you ever wondered how I come up with low carb keto recipes, like these Keto Carb Nut-free Tangy Lemon Cookies? Well, you may be in for a surprising treat. You see for me it usually starts with rummaging through my baking cupboard and saying a prayer.
I don’t mean like a casual prayer. This girl truly invites Jesus into her baking process. If that sounds strange to you, you have lots to learn about me.
Can I be truly transparent with you? I think my baking pantry may shock some of you because of its simplicity and lack of ingredients.
I am pretty certain that most food bloggers trying to come up with a recipe like my Keto Nut-free Tangy Lemon Cookies probably have an array of ingredients to work with.
But that’s not the case for this girl. Does this mean I sometimes secretly envy some of them? Well, I admit I have been guilty of this.
However, the way my mind works is that keeping my low carb baking cupboards only stocked with some basic staples forces me to be creative.
Does that sound odd to you?
Have you ever heard the saying “necessity is the mother of invention”? Yeah, I live by those words.
Here’s the thing, I think my low carb keto baking cupboard probably looks a lot like yours. It too is probably not always fully stocked, and it’s not full of rare exotic ingredients.
Am I correct in assuming this? It’s one of the reasons why my recipes, are kept simple.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $267.79Was: $429.99
Low Carb, Keto And Nut-Free
I say all this to say that, when I came up with the recipe for these keto nut-free lemon cookies, I had just run out of almond flour, and Randy was wanting a little keto friendly treat after dinner.
So being the great wife that I am 😉 I rolled up my sleeves and created this little number using coconut flour.
I love that today I can share a low carb nut-free option with you that allows my friends who are allergic to nuts to enjoy them too. What takes this low carb lemon cookies to the next level is the tangy lemon glaze.
Favorite Keto Hack
When asked what is our favorite tip for getting into ketosis quickly and easily? We share the one keto hack that never disappoints.
Who can use this tip? Anyone struggling to get into ketosis. Or challenged to keep their ketone levels elevated.
Can I introduce you to Keto//OS ?
It’s the first therapeutic exogenous ketone supplement.
Having a state of the art supplement that can raise your ketone levels is simply a game-changer.
Keto//OS allows you to enter into ketosis in under 60 minutes. In fact, you can actually test your ketones in less than an hour after drinking and see your ketone levels raise.
Why is this powerful? Elevated ketones means you will see a major reduction in appetite, carb cravings, and sustained energy. This makes the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option.
I encourage you to watch this short 4 minute explainer video to learn the science behind Keto//OS
Wondering if Keto//OS is a supplement you should consider using on a low carb keto diet? Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle.
I you want more information about the use of exogenous ketones you can read up more about it here.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
I hope my transparency helps inspire you to get in your kitchen and start baking. Here’s my post on my favorite low carb keto baking tips to further assist you.
Keto Nut-free Tangy Lemon Cookies
A low carb nut-free tangy lemon cookie made with coconut flour and has a tangy lemon icing.
40 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter 1/2 cup
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup of Swerve confectioners’ sugar substitute (Swerve is an erythritol oligosaccharides blend)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together coconut flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, sugar substitute, lemon peel, and extract, until fully combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time beat well after each addition.
- Next at the whipping cream and combine.
- Then add the dry ingredients to wet mixture, mix well until batter is fully combined.
- Chill the dough for ½ hour in the fridge.
- Using a tablespoon measure out cookie dough and roll the cookie dough to form balls. and
- Flatten the cookie dough balls slightly unto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool for 30 minutes before drizzling the low carb lemon glaze.