These keto thumbprint cookies are not only delicious, but they are also gluten-free, grain-free, tree nut-free, sugar-free, jam-filled cookies. I mean, what’s not to love?
There is so much to embrace about these low carb thumbprint cookies. For one, they are super easy to make, they transport well and they are sure to impress.
Making them the perfect cookie recipe to share, especially around the holidays.
It’s no secret that this girl LOVES her cookies, in fact, I have an entire collection of Keto Cookies that proves it.
And if you’re a fan of cream cheese, here are some other Keto Cream Cheese Recipes you must also check out.
Keto Thumbprint Cookies
But really, who doesn’t love cookies? I am of the belief that everyone should be able to enjoy a cookie treat even if you are doing a keto diet.
What’s especially great about these keto-friendly thumbprint cookies, is that they will not only silence your sweet tooth cravings but they are nutrient-rich.
Made with only wholesome ingredients like coconut flour, cream cheese, butter, and eggs. These cookies will also keep you feeling full.
Share a platter of these cookies with your loved ones, I promise they won’t even know they are sugar-free since they are sweet, buttery, and flat out delicious.
How To Make Low Carb Thumbprint Cookies
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Do you know what I love most about these cookies? It’s that they automatically give you portion control.
When it comes to other desserts it takes a little more discipline to stay within your keto macros. But I find low carb cookies offer just enough of a treat to help you stay the course.
It’s pretty straightforward to make these tender jam-filled cookies. You’ll be basically creaming the room temperature butter and cream cheese along with the sugar substitute with an electric mixer. Then come the eggs, heavy cream, and lastly the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
While the cookie dough chills you can proceed to make the homemade sugar-free strawberry jam for the center of the cookies or refer to the brands below I recommend it you want to save time and use your favorite sugar-free brand.
- Coconut flour
- Unsalted butter softened
- Full-fat cream cheese softened
- Sugar substitute
- Eggs, room temperature
- Baking powder
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar-free jam
You’ll need just a few tools to make this recipe most of which you hopefully already have on hand. Thankfully, these materials are also pretty standard kitchen tools.
Sugar-free Jam Filling
I’ve included instructions on how to make your own keto-friendly strawberry jam for these cookies. However, in an effort to save you some time, you can alternatively use whatever sugar-free jam of your choice.
The key when choosing the right jam to add to your thumbprint keto cookies is to make sure you select brands that have the least amount of carbs per serving.
If you go this route you can enjoy different variations of flavors easily.
Here are some of my favorite brands:
- Smuckers Preserves, Sugar-free Strawberry (sweetened with Splenda
- Sweet Blueberry Jam by Good, Good (sweetened with stevia)
- Polaner Sugar-free Preserves (sweetened with sucralose)
I have several options when it comes to which sweetener you can use for these sugar-free thumbprint cookies. I am partial to Lakanto Monk Fruit.
Lakanto Monk Fruit is my favorite since the texture and flavor are what I have found to be the closest to real sugar and because the flavor fools your taste buds like nothing else I’ve found in the market.
Having said that, I’m also partial to the brand Swerve which is an erythritol blend. Similar to Lakanto it uses sugar alcohols and has a 0 % impact on blood sugar.
You could also use the stevia and erythritol-based brand Pyure if you prefer to use a stevia-based sweetener.
Due note, that if this is your pick make sure you reduce the amount called for in the recipe by half since it’s a much sweeter option.
Lastly, if you can’t easily find a more natural sugar substitute you can also use Splenda with good success. I know not everyone would agree with me here and I respect that but in my book, it’s still better than regular sugar.
In case you don’t know I have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for our recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Randy and I came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
Randy had been a diabetic for over 15 years and he was dealing with the consequences of this disease. I was a survivor of the Guillan Barre Syndrome and was fighting fibromyalgia and chronic sciatica.
To say we needed God’s intervention is putting it mildly. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting to we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Note that once you click the link you will be prompted to answer a few questions that ensure that you understand what this group stands for.
Favorite Keto Meal Planner
If you’ve been looking for an easy way to meal plan, consider checking out my review on Real Plans.
By using a keto meal planner you will free up your time by streamlining the process. I hope you agree with me that the last thing anyone needs, is to spend hours attempting to put a meal plan together.
Real Plans will finally put an end to frustrating hours of trying to create healthy meals. After all, we all know how challenging it can be to meet the demands of our full lives.
I love how Real Plans understands that the average busy person has no clue how to meal plan successfully, let alone consistently. Plus you can even use our Keto Recipes to form to create your weekly meal plans.
Keto Thumbprint Cookies
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of softened butter
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar substitute
- 4 eggs , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Keto Strawberry Jam
Keto Thumbprint Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In another bowl using an electric beater, mix together the softened butter, cream cheese, sugar substitute, and vanilla extract, until fully combined.
- Then add the 4 eggs one at a time beat well after each addition.
- Add the whipping cream and combine it until fully incorporated.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix well until batter is combined.
- Chill the dough for ½ hour in the refrigerator before baking.
- While the cookie dough chills, proceed to make the strawberry jam. Once the jam has been allowed to cool for about 30 minutes, you can safely add the jam to the cookie.
- Note that you can use sugar-free jam in place of the homemade recipe.
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop measure out the cookie dough and roll the cookie dough to form balls.
- Lightly flatten the cookie dough balls unto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Using a finger, gently make a small dent in the middle to hold the jam.
- Add about a teaspoon of jam to the center of the cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool for 30 minutes before icing with the keto lemon glaze.
Keto Strawberry Jam Center
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients including the gelatin powder and cook all the ingredients over medium heat.
- Stir the strawberry sauce constantly, bring to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes. Allow the sauce to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes you can add a teaspoon to the center of each cookie.
- You may have some leftover strawberry jam. Store leftovers for up to 5 days in the refrigerator in a small glass jar.
Note that to save some time you choose to add your favorite sugar-free jam in the center of the cookie instead of making the homemade recipe.
Here are some of my favorite brands:
Smuckers Preserves, Sugar-free Strawberry (sweetened with Splenda
Sweet Blueberry Jam by Good, (sweetened with stevia)
Polaner Sugar-free Preserves (sweetened with sucralose)
Store your Keto Thumbprint Cookies in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can freeze your cookies for up to 3 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 6.5gSaturated Fat: 3.9gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 1.9gNet Carbohydrates: 1.7gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 1.5g