Are you tired of the same old, bland chicken dishes? Want to try something new that’s easy to make and packed with flavor that will make your taste buds happy? Look no further than this fantastic keto chicken Bryan recipe.
Not only is this recipe a Carrabba’s Italian Grill copycat, but it’s also keto-friendly, making it perfect for those who are watching their carb intake.
With only 5.7 net carbs per serving, it’s a winning recipe! But don’t let that fool you; this dish is packed with so much flavor that you won’t even notice it’s low-carb.
The secret to this low-carb chicken Bryan’s success is in the marinade. It keeps the chicken moist and infuses it with so much flavor, making it a family favorite.
After all, who can turn down a juicy chicken breast dish?
And let’s talk about those other ingredients—the sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and fresh herbs—that make this dish simply irresistible.
The next time you find yourself searching for a chicken recipe, be sure to visit our entire collection of keto chicken recipes for more low-carb options!
Keto-Friendly Chicken Bryan
One of the best things about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can serve it on a bed of greens, serve it with a side of cauliflower rice or even cauliflower mash, or simply enjoy it with some roasted vegetables. The possibilities are endless!
Plus, it’s a kid-approved dish that even the pickiest eaters will love. And with how easy it is to make, it’ll quickly become a go-to recipe for busy weeknights and one to add to your meal plan.
And if you’re worried about the cooking process, fear not! This recipe is incredibly easy to follow and can be made by even the most novice of chefs.
Where Does Chicken Bryan Get Its Name?
Wondering how this tasty favorite dish got its name? It got its name from Bryan, Texas, which is where the Carrabbas family settled after they arrived from Sicily, Italy, in the 1890s.
Ingredients Needed To Make A Low-Carb Chicken Bryan Dish
The following are the low-carb items you’ll need to make this delicious meal. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
- Unsalted butter
- Finely chopped onion
- Garlic, finely minced
- Dry white wine, or low-sodium chicken broth, or even chicken stock
- Fresh lemon juice
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Goat cheese
How To Make This Keto Chicken Bryan Recipe
Making this keto-friendly Carrabbas chicken Bryan copycat recipe is pretty straightforward and simple.
Begin by slicing each chicken breast horizontally so that it cooks more evenly and faster.
Then, season your chicken breasts with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and olive oil. This will serve as the marinade.
Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 20 minutes, and then cook the chicken breasts in a skillet pan until golden brown on both sides and reach 165 degrees F internal temperature on a meat thermometer.
In the same pan, heat the butter to medium and cook the onions and garlic until translucent for 1-2 minutes, and then add the sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, white wine, or chicken broth into the mixture.
Reduce the heat to low and whisk while cooking until the sauce is well blended, slightly thickened, and becomes an emulsified sauce. Then remove from heat.
Return the chicken breasts to the pan and spoon the creamy lemon butter sauce over the top along with the sundried tomatoes. Then top with a slice of goat cheese per chicken piece and garnish with fresh basil once ready to serve.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or special occasion, our chicken Bryan will have you feeling good about what you’re serving your loved ones.
With its low-carb and keto-friendly nature, it’s perfect for those who are looking to eat healthier without sacrificing flavor.
It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes!
You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Grab Our Books & APP
It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Gain access to simple and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts with our FITTOSERVEGROUP APP.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Randy and I came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
To say we needed God’s intervention is to put it mildly. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting, we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision, we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days). We hope it blesses you.
Fittoservegroup Keto App
Looking for a fast way to access our keto recipes? We’ve got you covered. There’s an app for that. Yup, there’s a Fit To Serve Group App, and it’s going to make your keto diet a delicious breeze!
Access hundreds of recipes that are all sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
Enjoy early access to recipes before they go live on the website. Plus, there are bonus recipes that are exclusive to the app. Make your own personal cookbooks that you can use to organize your favorite recipes.
Search recipes by title, ingredients, keywords, and categories, and of course, every recipe shows complete nutritional facts.
Get the Fit to Serve Group App for easy-to-follow keto recipes made with easy-to-source ingredients.
The app is loaded with hundreds of yummy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts!
Learn more by visiting our Fit To Serve Group App Page.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally for a total of 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or garlic paste equivalent
- 1 cup dry white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 2 lemons)
- 1/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes from a jar
- 8 ounces of goat cheese
- 1/4 cup of of fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
- Slice the chicken breast in half horizontally. Then prepare the marinade in a large bowl, combine the sliced chicken with the marinade ingredients, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the chicken has marinated, it’s ready to cook. In a medium-high skillet, with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, cook the chicken in batches on each side for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown and remove from the pan. Proceed to make the sauce.
- In the same pan, heat the butter to medium and cook the onions and garlic until translucent for 1-2 minutes, and then add the sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, white wine, or chicken broth into the mixture. Reduce the heat to low and whisk while cooking until the sauce is well blended and slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Return the chicken to the pan and spoon the sauce over all the pieces.
- To serve, add one piece of chicken breast and spoon tablespoons of the sauce and top with some sun-dried tomatoes from the sauce and one ounce of goat cheese, and garnish with fresh basil thinly sliced.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 26.6gSaturated Fat: 14.9gCholesterol: 85mgCarbohydrates: 6.2gNet Carbohydrates: 5.7gFiber: .5gProtein: 11g