Sometimes you nice not having rice on a low carb keto diet. When this happens a real solution needs to come to your rescue. This is where a recipe for keto herb cauliflower rice saves the day.
Today, I have one of my beautiful friends, Merilyn Clay sharing her Low Carb Keto Herb Cauliflower Rice Recipe. It’s been adapted from Delicious obsessions
Merilyn belongs to our Fittoserve group and has lost over 20 pounds by applying the principles we are teaching regarding combining the Christian Faith with a Keto Lifestyle.
The journey to go low-carb keto has not been too challenging for her. That is until she began to really miss her traditional rice.
We all have something we miss from our high carb days. As a Costa Rica native, rice is a staple food that is often served at breakfast.
The idea of saying goodbye to rice was not something she thought she could do.
Thankfully, this recipe for keto herb cauliflower rice has helped her stay the course.
We are extremely proud of Marilyn here at Fittoserve Group her journey of transformation is inspiring others to join her.
Keto Herb Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 5-10 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil for sautéing
- Finely dice the garlic cloves and herbs. (set the herbs aside)
- Remove the core steam of the cauliflower and break into smaller chunks. I
- n a food processor or box grater. Process or grate the cauliflower until it’s the size of rice.
- Then heat a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in a large sauté pan.
- Cook the garlic cloves until very light brown, add the cauli-rice and stir until coated with the oil.
- You may need to add more oil to make sure the cauli-rice is coated well.
- Next place a lid on the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the herbs, and cover the pan again.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lastly, add salt and pepper to taste and toss the juice of a lime.
- Store leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy hot or cold!