This easy keto garlic bread is a delicious alternative to the traditional high-carb version! Made with almond flour, flax meal, and a little yeast. This garlic bread is of course, also completely grain-free, gluten-free, and low in carbs!
It also features generous amounts of butter, garlic, and cheese which makes for a truly delicious keto cheesy garlic breadstick recipe!
With under 3 net carbs per serving, you can enjoy all the flavors of garlic bread without the gluten, and carbs anytime! Enjoy it as a side with your favorite pasta replacement, I love to pair it with our Keto Crepini Lasagna.
I also love to make it as an appetizer when I have a crowd to feed!
And if you thought it couldn’t get any better, it’s also very easy to make, it doesn’t require fancy equipment or any kneading of the dough!
If you can’t get enough low-carb bread options then you should check out our collection of keto bread recipes for tons of delicious options!
Keto Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
Before we adopted the ketogenic lifestyle, one of my favorite things to bake for my family was fresh bread, and boy did they love it too! They would gobble it all up while it was still warm from the oven!
I’ll admit that just like most of you, bread and sweets were the hardest for me to “give up” when changing our eating habits. That’s why I became determined to find alternative ways to satisfy those cravings.
Over the years I’ve made many different keto bread but this keto garlic bread is one of my best! When I decided it was time to make a keto-friendly garlic bread recipe I wanted to be sure that it would really have that “bread feel”.
A crispy crust on the outside with a soft and slightly chewy inside!
It was also important to me that this keto-friendly garlic bread not be eggy or crumbly.
My goal for this garlic bread was to create a keto bread with that yeasty flavor you get in traditional bread that could be slathered in garlic butter and cheese!
I’m a humble girl but I will say I feel I met that goal! This keto garlic bread is definitely chewy and has that yeast flavor I was looking for.
It really feels, and tastes like traditional garlic bread!
How To Make Keto-Friendly Garlic Bread
Making low-carb garlic bread is pretty simple and doesn’t take all day either! You can be enjoying your cheesy garlic bread in just an hour!
You’ll begin by lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then in a large bowl, you’ll combine the ground flax meal, almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Next, proof the yeast by combining it with warm water and a teaspoon of sugar or inulin powder in a small bowl and setting it aside for 5 – 10 minutes.
You’ll know the yeast is proofed when it bubbles and foams and rises slightly. Oh and don’t worry about the sugar as it gets eaten by the yeast and does not affect the carb count.
If you’re still concerned and prefer to not use traditional sugar, inulin powder will also work to proof the yeast.
Then, to the dry ingredients, add the remaining warm water, olive oil, and eggs and combine well. Next, use a silicone spatula to spread the dough evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine the minced garlic, softened butter, and spices to create the garlic butter that you will then spread all over the surface of your keto bread.
Once you’ve spread the garlic butter, sprinkle the surface of the keto bread dough with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Before baking the keto-friendly garlic bread allow it to rest for about 30 minutes. This will give the yeast time to work and slightly rise.
Bake at 400-degrees for about 30-35 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges. Slice and serve!
You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze them for up to 3 weeks.
Ingredients Needed To Make A Keto Garlic Cheese Bread
The following are the ingredients you’ll need to make this keto garlic bread recipe. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Keto Garlic Cheese Breadsticks
- Finely milled almond flour measured and sifted
- Golden flax meal
- Psyllium husk powder, a small amount
- Baking powder
- Xanthan gum, a tiny amount (if Paleo leave out)
- Sea salt
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Warm water
- Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Eggs, room temperature
- Fast-acting yeast ( 1 packet)
- Butter softened
- Garlic cloves
- Oregano powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
What To Serve With Keto Garlic Bread
The following are some keto recipes that go well with keto garlic bread:
I sure hope you will make this keto-friendly garlic bread. Please remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook with your pictures if you decide to make it. I can’t tell you how encouraging it is to see how well you are all duplicating our little recipes.
Grab Our Books & Recipe APP
In case you don’t know we have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Gain access to simple and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts with our FITTOSERVEGROUP APP.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days) We hope it blesses you.
- 3 cups of finely milled almond flour measured and sifted
- 3 tablespoons of golden flax meal
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fo garlic powder
- 3/4 cup of warm water and 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of fast acting yeast ( 1 packet)
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of oregano powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground flax meal, almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, garlic, and onion powder.
- In a small bowl proof the yeast with 3 tablespoons of warm water and a teaspoon of sugar or inulin powder. The yeast is proofed when it bubbles and foams and rises slightly.
- To the dry ingredients add the hot water, proofed yeast, olive oil, and eggs. Combine the mixture well with a silicone spatula.
- Using wet hands, spread the dough evenly over the prepared baking sheet to 12X9 inches.
- Prepare the garlic butter.
- With a pastry brush spread the garlic butter over the surface of the bread.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over the top of the bread.
- Allow the dough to rest for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake the keto cheesy garlic bread for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges.
- Slice into 24 pieces for garlic breadsticks.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Garlic Butter Spread
- In a small bowl combine the softened butter with the minced garlic and spices.
Note that the teaspoon of sugar is used to proof the yeast get's eaten by the yeast. If you prefer you can use inulin powder in its place.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 24.2gSaturated Fat: 2.4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 8.1gNet Carbohydrates: 2.9gFiber: 5.2gSugar: .1gProtein: 9g