These keto turkey burgers are delicious and a great way to use ground chicken. It uses simple ingredients for the perfect, juicy turkey burgers.
This keto turkey burger recipe is an excellent alternative to beef burgers. It’s a recipe for healthy burgers for anyone on the keto diet who avoids red meat.
It’s the perfect, tasty turkey patty recipe for your keto meal plans.
The fact that these are bunless burgers the whole family will enjoy will make meal prep a breeze.
Sure, using ground beef guarantees a juicy, flavorful burger, but I found a way to ensure that these turkey burgers stay moist by adding butter to the patty ingredients.
It’s the easiest way to ensure you have juicy burgers you’ll be proud to serve.
This recipe was inspired by our keto chicken burgers, and it’s another option for those who want a twist on the classic red meat burger.
Keto Turkey Burgers
I like serving my low-carb turkey burgers on a lettuce bun (lettuce wrap) or on a bed of salad greens as a burger bowl; you could, of course, use our keto white bread or our high-fiber bread for a low carb bun.
Add your favorite burger toppings. I chose to add a slice of tomato, some red onion, and cheddar cheese for a ground turkey recipe that made my family’s tastebuds happy!
I also included our family’s burger sauce recipe; it’s a keto-friendly option that we like to place on top of the turkey burgers to amplify their flavor.
But you can also serve these healthy turkey burgers with your favorite garlic aioli.
Low Carb Turkey Burgers Ingredient List
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The following is a list of ingredients and tools you’ll need to make these juicy keto turkey burgers. Note that the full printable recipe card with step-by-step instructions and nutritional information is at the bottom of the page.
These turkey burgers are seasoned with a bit of chipotle powder and a tiny amount of cayenne pepper and are not really spicy, but you can leave out the cayenne pepper and reduce the chipotle powder for a milder spice.
- Ground turkey
- Small white onion, finely chopped
- Garlic cloves, finely grated
- Worcestershire sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Chipotle powder
- Cayenne pepper, a small amount
- Almond flour or coconut flour (note that the amount will be different depending on which you use)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chopped parsley
- Unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- Garlic powder
- Sriracha sauce
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
- Sugar-free ketchup
- Ground black pepper
How To Make Keto Turkey Burgers
You’ll start by preparing the burger sauce by adding all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Then mix the ingredients until well combined. Place the prepared sauce in the refrigerator for later.
Next, you’ll cut the cold butter into small cubes. This secret ingredient will keep your turkey burgers nice and juicy as they cook.
Once you cut the butter, store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to add it to the turkey mixture.
In a large bowl, place all of the turkey burger ingredients and mix well until everything is combined.
Then, fold in the cold butter cubes.
Using wet hands, form six balls to make the patties. Flatten the turkey burgers into 1/2-inch patties.
You’ll need a little oil to cook these lean ground turkey burgers. Cook the patties in a hot skillet for 4-5 minutes per side.
Once these delicious burgers are cooked and have reached an internal temperature of 170 F in a meat thermometer, top them with your choice of cheese, if you like.
I’ve also included instructions on how to cook on the grill for those of you who might want to add these to your next BBQ.
Serve your turkey burgers on a bed of salad greens or iceberg lettuce. Last but not least, top the turkey patties with a tablespoon or two of the burger sauce.
This recipe calls for almond flour, which takes the place of bread crumbs. However, you can substitute the almond flour 1:1 for pork rinds or use one tablespoon of coconut flour instead.
I can’t tell you how encouraging it is to see how well you are all duplicating our little recipes.
Grab Our Books!
It’s my prayer that these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you!
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet, looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting, we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision, we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you’ve been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days). We hope it blesses you.
Fittoservegroup Keto App
Looking for a fast way to access our keto recipes? We’ve got you covered. There’s an app for that. Yup, there’s a Fit To Serve Group App, and it’s going to make your keto diet a delicious breeze! Access hundreds of recipes that are all sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
Enjoy early access to recipes before they go live on the website, plus bonus recipes that are exclusive to the app. Make your own personal cookbooks that you can use to organize your favorite recipes.
Search recipes by title, ingredients, keywords, and categories, and of course, every recipe shows complete nutritional facts.
Get the Fit to Serve Group App for easy-to-follow keto recipes made with easy-to-source ingredients.
The app is loaded with hundreds of yummy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts!
Learn more by visiting our Fit To Serve Group App Page.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup almond flour or 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- Prepare the burger sauce by adding all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl. Mix ingredients until well combined. Place the prepared sauce in the refrigerator for later.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes. Set it aside in the refrigerator for later.
- In a large bowl, place the ground turkey, and all the burger ingredients and mix well until everything is combined.
- Next, fold in the cold butter cubes.
- Using wet hands, form 6 balls and flatten the turkey burgers into 1/2 inch patty.
- Cook the turkey patties with a couple of tablespoons of oil for about 6 minutes per side. The burgers will firm up when fully cooked. You could also check for an internal temperature of 170-degrees to ensure the burgers are all cooked all the way through.
- Serve your turkey burgers on a bed of salad greens or iceberg lettuce, tomato, and red onions. Top with a tablespoon or two of the burger sauce.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 weeks.
These turkey burgers are seasoned with a bit of chipotle powder and a tiny amount of cayenne pepper and are not really spicy, but you can leave out the cayenne pepper and reduce the chipotle powder for milder spice.
- Preheat the grill to 375 F.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray and cook the turkey burgers over direct heat for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Move the burgers to indirect heat and add the cheese of your choice until it melts for about 2 minutes.
This recipe calls for almond flour, which replaces bread crumbs. However, you can substitute the almond flour 1:1 for pork rinds or use one tablespoon of coconut flour.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4.6gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 3.2gNet Carbohydrates: 2.7gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 1gProtein: 22.5g