Looking for a delicious way to enjoy granola bars on your low carb keto diet? Well, look no more this recipe for low carb nutty granola bars will have granola back in your life again.
I am a granola girl at heart, having grown up in the 80’s granola, granola bars was all the rage. Back then I always consumed lots of granola. After all, they were considered a healthy option and I thought I was doing the right thing by have some almost every day.
Fast forward today, and most of what is out on the market when it comes to granola is loaded with sugar and grains. Both of which I no longer allow into my diet.
Creating A Healthier Granola
So naturally coming up with a recipe for low carb nutty granola bars was just a matter of time.
Can I tell you I am happy to report that this low-carber has brought granola into her life? With the creation of my low carb nutty granola bars? Yes indeed. Today, I can enjoy the wholesomeness of granola on my low carb keto diet safely and so can you.
The best thing about my low carb nutty granola bars is how easy it is to customize and make your own. Just swap out the 1/2 cup of pecans and use any of your favorite low carb keto nuts or add some sugar- free chocolate chips. Really the sky is the limit here. Just make sure that what you add are low carb and keto friendly.
Low Carb Nutty Granola Bars
A recipe for low carb nutty granola bars
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ¼ cup of swerve or 1 cup of other sugar substitute of your choice
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 cups of roughly chopped almonds
- 1 cup of roughly chopped cashews
- ½ cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsps of chia seeds
- ½ tsp sea-salt
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Roughly chop all the nuts and set aside.
- In a large mixer stand-up mixer beat the egg whites until foamy then add swerve, butter and combine till well mixed.
- Next add the chia seeds, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Stir in the all the nuts, flaxseed meal and coconut flour.
- In a parchment lined pan press the granola mix.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly brown and fully set.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars. Store individually wrapped at room temperature.
- Enjoy in good health!