This delicious one-pot keto white chicken chili recipe is comfort food at its best. It’s a healthy creamy chili that can be prepared on the stovetop or in a crockpot!
Making a low-carb creamy white chicken chili is a nice change from traditional chili and perfect to add to your keto meal prep rotation.
Made with simple ingredients it’s a yummy keto white chili that makes a big batch. It’s the easiest way to make a beanless chili, hearty soup.
With only 5.3 net carbs per serving it’s slated to be a favorite recipe and makes a fantastic main course.
Be sure to check out our entire collection of keto chicken recipes too.
Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe
This low carb chicken chili is great any time of year but especially welcomed on a cold day when a bowl of white chili is the kind of hearty meal the entire family craves.
The recipe uses a small amount of canned mild green chilies, which basically just adds to the creamy flavor of this white chili and not a lot of spice.
Having said this, you can opt to reduce the number of chilies to what your family prefers.
Ingredients Needed To Make A Low Carb White Chicken Chili
The following are the ingredients needed to make this white keto chili recipe. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page.
- Unsalted butter
- Onion, chopped
- Garlic cloves, finely minced
- Raw chicken breasts, chopped into 2-inch pieces. I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Mild canned green chiles, chopped
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Cumin powder
- Black pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Full-fat cream cheese softened
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Jalapeño deseeded and chopped (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro garnish
- Chopped green onions (garnish)
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream (optional topping)
How To Make A Keto-Friendly White Chicken Chili
Making this low in carbs, white chicken chili is pretty straightforward and doesn’t take much time.
You’ll need a stockpot or a 6-quart Dutch oven since it makes a large batch of chili.
On the stovetop, saute in olive oil the onions and garlic over medium-high heat until translucent. Then add the raw sliced chicken, canned mild chiles, dry spices, herbs, and chicken broth to the pot.
Allow the ingredients to come to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a medium-low simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken pieces using a slotted spoon and transfer them to a bowl. You’ll need to shred the chicken before returning it to the pot. I like using two forks to shred the chicken pieces.
Next, raise the temperature to medium heat, add the chicken, and stir in the heavy cream and the softened cream cheese cubes into the pot.
Stir using a wooden spoon until it melts completely into the chicken chili.
Then add the shredded cheese and stir until fully incorporated. I told you it was an easy recipe.
I like serving the white chili hot and topping each bowl with chopped cilantro, green onions, and raw jalapeño slices. But you can leave those out or use your preferred toppings.
Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this creamy chili as it may separate once it thaws.
Crockpot Instructions For White Keto Chili
If you want the option to make this chili in a slow cooker it’s also super easy.
Just add the chopped raw chicken breasts, chicken broth, heavy cream, lime juice, spices, chopped onions, minced garlic, and green chilies into a slow cooker.
Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours until the chicken has fully cooked. When making in a crockpot there is no need to remove the chicken and shred it. The chicken will fall apart naturally as it cooks.
Once the chicken has cooked in the slow cooker, add the softened cream cheese and the shredded Mexican cheese blend and give it a good stir until the cheeses have fully melted and incorporated into the chili.
I sure hope you will give this recipe for keto white chicken chili a try. I also have a red keto chicken chili you might also want to try.
As well as a ground beef easy keto chili recipe that is a favorite on the site.
Grab Our Books & APP
It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Gain access to simple and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts with our FITTOSERVEGROUP APP.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days) We hope it blesses you.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablepsoons of olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (7 ounce) can of mild green chilies
- 2 1/4 pounds of boneless raw chicken breasts (about 3) cut into 2-inch pieces
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 8 ounces of full-fat cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro chopped (garnish)
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions (garnish)
- 1 fresh jalapeño sliced (optional garnish)
- In a stockpot or 6-quart Dutch oven, saute in olive oil the onions and garlic over medium-high heat and until translucent.
- Add the raw sliced chicken, chiles, dry spices, herbs, and chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a medium-low simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove the chicken pieces using a slotted spoon and transfer them to a bowl. Using two forks shred the chicken and then return to the pot.
- Raise the temperature to medium heat and stir in the heavy cream and the softened cream cheese cubes into the pot. Stir using a wooden spoon until it melts completely into the chicken chili.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until fully incorporated.
- Serve the chili hot and top each bowl with chopped cilantro, green onions, raw jalapeño slices, or your preferred toppings.
- Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing as it may separate once it thaws.
- To cook in a crockpot add the chopped raw chicken breasts, chicken broth, heavy cream, lime juice, spices, chopped onions, minced garlic, and green chilies into a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours until the chicken has fully cooked. Then add the softened cream cheese and the shredded Mexican cheese blend and give it a good stir until the cheeses have fully melted and incorporated into the chili.
When making in a crockpot there is no need to remove the chicken and shred it. The chicken will fall apart naturally as it cooks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 21.7gSaturated Fat: 9.6gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 560mgCarbohydrates: 10.1gNet Carbohydrates: 5.3gFiber: 5.3gSugar: 4.3gProtein: 33g