Calling all churro fans! These keto churros minis are like little clouds bites of cinnamon goodness. They’re the perfect substitute for traditional churros but without all of the sugar and carbs.
Made with my tried and true combo of almond flour and cream cheese, these keto mini churros are bites of heaven.
You can have them as an after diner dessert, afternoon snack, or even breakfast. They’re really perfect for any time of the day. You’re welcome!
They’re also fantastic for gatherings and holidays because they are so easy to make! And I mean, who doesn’t love churros?!
Keto Churro Minis
If you are missing churros while enjoying a keto lifestyle then I promise this recipe is for you! These little keto churro bites are baked in a mini muffin pan and then rolled in melted butter & keto cinnamon sugar.
They’re truly magical! Super soft and pillowy and the sweetness combined with the warm cinnamon, is simply divine. They really are great bite-sized keto sweet. Plus they’re already conveniently portion controlled. Winning!
I really can’t say enough good things about these little bites of heaven! I guarantee you won’t be disappointed if you make these today!
How To Make Keto Mini Churros
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
These low carb churro bites are made so quickly and easily, that you’ll be shocked! That’s what makes them a great keto dessert in my book.
By now, you all must know how much this girl loves a simple recipe that absolutely delicious! This recipe is no different.
You’ll simply mix your wet and dry ingredients separately and then combine the two. Then it’s just a matter of baking them dunking them in melted butter and then rolling them in a cinnamon “sugar”.
Note that I chose to use salted butter for the melted butter needed to roll the granulated sugar-substitute. I feel the extra salt really amplifies the churro taste, so there is that to keep in mind.
The following is a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these mini keto churros. You can find the full printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
- Almond flour, finely milled
- Sugar-substitute, Lakanto granulated
- Vanilla extract
- Full fat cream cheese, softened
- Eggs, room temperature
- Butter, room temperature
- Ground cinnamon powder, I use Saigon for the quality
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
To make these little keto churro minis you’ll need most importantly, a 24 cavity muffin pan.
I used a non-stick metal pan but you can also choose to use a silicone 24 cavity muffin pan, in which case, you should place a baking sheet underneath so that the mini’s do not overbake.
But don’t worry, if you don’t have a mini muffin man you can also bake these in a regular muffin tin. I’ve included the baking time for both below.
I always like to use a Silicone spatula when using an electric mixer to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is being mixed well.
Sugar- Substitute Options
When it comes to choosing which sugar-substitute to use for these sugar-free churro minis, I have some options for you. My two favorite granulated sugar substitutes for this recipe are Lakanto Monk Fruit or Swerve. They both have a granulated version that works very well for the cinnamon sugar. It’s what gives these minis their churro feel and taste!
You could also use the stevia and erythritol-based brand Pyure. But if using Pyure you will want to use 1/2 the amount called for in this recipe since it’s a much sweeter option.
In case you don’t know I have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for our recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Randy and I came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
Randy had been a diabetic for over 15 years and he was dealing with the consequences of this disease. I was a survivor of the Guillan Barre Syndrome and was fighting fibromyalgia and chronic sciatica.
To say we needed God’s intervention is putting it mildly. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting to we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Note that once you click the link you will be prompted to answer a few questions that ensure that you understand what this group stands for.
Favorite Keto Meal Planner
If you’ve been looking for an easy way to meal plan, consider checking out my review on Real Plans.
By using a keto meal planner you will free up your time by streamlining the process. I hope you agree with me that the last thing anyone needs, is to spend hours attempting to put a meal plan together.
Real Plans will finally put an end to frustrating hours of trying to create healthy meals. After all, we all know how challenging it can be to meet the demands of our full lives.
I love how Real Plans understands that the average busy person has no clue how to meal plan successfully, let alone consistently. Plus you can even use our Keto Recipes to form to create your weekly meal plans.
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- ¾ cup of sugar substitute
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz full-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar-Substitute Topping
- 1/4 cup of melted salted butter, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar granulated substitute
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer blend on high the butter with the sugar substitute until the mixture is light and fluffy and well incorporated.
- Next, add the room temperature cream cheese and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Lastly, add the dry ingredients: the almond flour, baking powder, salt and mix well until batter is fully combined.
- Distribute the batter evenly into a well-greased 24 cup capacity mini muffin pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, when they are slightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean they're ready.
- Allow the minis to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Churro topping: In a small bowl melt the salted butter in the microwave. This will be the butter used to dunk the minis. Set aside.
- In another small bowl combine the granulated sugar substitute and cinnamon powder. Set aside.
- Using a spoon dunk the minis into the melted butter bowl then roll each mini in the cinnamon "sugar" mixture until evenly coated on all sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days but these have the best flavor when eaten the same day.
If making in a regular-sized 12 capacity cupcake/ muffin pan bake for 22-25 minutes.
This recipe also doubles easily.
If you need to freeze these churros, I would do so without the butter and cinnamon sugar sub coating. Then once they defrost completely proceed to add the topping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 6.1gSaturated Fat: 2.9gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: .5gNet Carbohydrates: .3gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.1gProtein: 1.9g