These keto peanut butter chocolate cookies happily enjoy the ranks of our keto cookies collection. They are rich, decadent and sure to become a favorite.
The best part of these low carb peanut butter cheese cream cookies is that besides being delicious they are also grain-free, gluten-free and keto-friendly!
Plus, if that’s not enough, these keto peanut butter cream cheese cookies also feature a finger-licking chocolate icing. Because in my book chocolate and peanut butter are besties.
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
I don’t know about you but cookies are always a welcome keto treat in our home. Although I already have a recipe for keto peanut butter cookies that is well-loved, these cookies use coconut flour rather than almond flour and all little cream cheese for a soft-baked cookie crumb. P E R F E C T I O N!
A lovely option for those who prefer to bake with coconut flour and want more of a cakey cookie.
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
In order to make these cream cheese peanut butter coconut flour keto cookies fool-proof, I am sharing the list of ingredients and important tips. Note that the printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page but I hope you stick around for my tips.
- Coconut Flour
- All-Natural Peanut Butter, Smooth
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Cream Cheese, full-fat
- Brown Sugar Substitute, Lakanto Golden or Surkin Gold
- Eggs, room temperature
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Baking Chocolate, for the icing
- Refined Coconut Oil, for the icing. Refined is best so that the coconut flavor does not overwhelm the cookies.
The Sugar- Substitute Options
When it comes to choosing which sugar-substitute to use for these keto peanut butter chocolate cookies, I have some options for you.
I chose to use a brown sugar substitute in this recipe to further enhance the flavor of these cookies. The two brands I recommend are Lakanto Golden or Surkin Gold. Both these brands make excellent brown sugar subs.
You could also use the stevia and erythritol-based brand Pyure. But if using Pyure you will want to use 1/2 the amount called for in this recipe since it’s a much sweeter option.
Lastly, if you can’t easily find a more natural sugar substitute you can also use Splenda. You will want to use the Splenda that has a bulking agent. It’s the one that comes in larger bags. I don’t recommend Splenda Bake because it’s actually half sugar half sucralose product and will be too high in carbs to be considered keto-friendly
Keto Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cookies
I am a big fan of adding cream cheese to keto foods, visit my keto cream cheese recipes for proof. This is because a little cream cheese can add stability, creaminess, and richness to a dish naturally.
It’s why I decided to add 4 ounces of full-fat cream cheese to these cookies. The combination of peanut butter with cream cheese worked perfectly and further enhanced its texture. It’s what gave them their soft-baked crumb.
When choosing your peanut butter it’s key to use one that has zero added sugar, otherwise, the carb count will be too high. There are several good brands to choose one but my current favorite I can recommend is Spread The Love Naked Organic Peanut Butter I LOVE that it has no added sugar, palm oil or salt.
I sure hope you will give these keto peanut butter chocolate cookie recipe a try and will help us share it. If you give it a try, make sure you remember to tag us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for our recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
If there is one thing I particularly proud of sharing it’s how we combined our Christian faith with the keto diet.
In case you don’t know, Randy and I came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our entire lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
Randy had been a diabetic for over 15 years and he was dealing with the consequences of this disease. I was a survivor of the Guillan Barre Syndrome and was fighting fibromyalgia and chronic sciatica.
To say we needed God’s intervention is putting it mildly. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting to we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. I love how supportive and encouraging this group of believers is. It’s exciting to see how people are transforming their lives by combining this lifestyle with the Christian faith.
The testimonies coming out of our Fittoservegroup is what motivates us to continue to share what we’ve learned.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Note that once you click the link you will be prompted to answer a few questions that ensure that you understand what this group stands for.
Favorite Keto Hack To Stay On Track!
Arming yourself with keto recipes is certainly key in doing this diet long enough to see the many benefits. But even with the best low carb ketogenic recipes sometimes additional help is needed.
This is especially the case during the holidays when food temptation is at the highest.
It’s in these seasons that we also encourage you to have the right supplements to help you get and stay in ketosis. Because when you have the right tools the keto diet simply becomes easier.
Perhaps you’ve struggled to get into ketosis consistently on your low carb keto diet, or you’ve hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge, consider using Perfect KETO’s bundle to assist you. It’s a great way to see the benefits sooner rather than later.
You’ll learn how to elevate your ketones naturally enter into ketosis more quickly. Being at a deeper level of ketosis will help reduce your appetite, carb cravings, and give you lasting energy. These are the things you want to see happen as they make this diet sustainable and it’s why we recommend them.
Make sure you also pick up your free Start-Up Guide to the Ketosis Diet.
Wondering which foods you should avoid when doing Keto? This Keto Food Guide will assist you in doing the Keto Diet correctly.
Perfect Keto has offered our readers a 15% discount on their products. Simply use this link for all qualifying products and the code FITTOSERVE at checkout.
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of all natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 4 ounces of full-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Keto Chocolate Icing
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, refined
- 2 ounces of baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar substitute
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of crushed peanuts, for sprinkling (optional)
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, and brown sugar substitute until well mixed.
- Next, add the 4 eggs one at a time and vanilla extract.
- To the wet mixture add the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt, mix until well combined.
- Allow the cookie dough to chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a small cookie scoop add the dough to the prepared cookie sheets
- Bake for 12-16 minutes until lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Allow cookies to fully cool on a baking rack.
- Drizzle the tops of the cooled cookies with the chocolate icing and sprinkle with the crushed peanuts before the icing sets.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Keto Chocolate Icing
- In a double boiler melt the butter, coconut oil, and baking chocolate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl to the melted chocolate mixture add the confectioner's sugar substitute, a pinch of salt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185 Total Fat: 16.9g Saturated Fat: 8.3g Cholesterol: 72mg Sodium: 138mg Carbohydrates: 3.9g Net Carbohydrates: 2.5g Fiber: 1.4g Sugar: 2.5g Protein: 4.2g