It’s that time of year when my Low Carb LCHF Broccoli Cheese Soup makes an appearance. Something about knowing we are in the fall season that inevitably puts me in the mood for this rich broccoli and cheese soup. If you are looking for away to enjoy a broccoli and cheese soup that is both keto-friendly and delicious, you’re going to love this recipe.
Transforming A Family Favorite
For years my high carb broccoli and cheese soup was a family favorite. Back then I would use cornstarch to thicken my the soup. However, my days of using cornstarch are long gone. Why? Well, because just a couple of tablespoons will raise the carb load and be a no-no on a low carb keto lifestyle. Enter my low carb LCHF broccoli cheese soup for a keto friendly option.
I would never consider adding any form of flour to my soups because all those extra carbs and gluten would ruin things for us and take us out of a ketogenic state.
Products from Amazon.com
Thankfully, my low carb LCHF broccoli cheese soup is nicely thickened with cheese and heavy cream. Can I hear a collective amen that fat is no longer the enemy!
One of the best lessons I learned while eating a low carb keto plan was to embrace fat. It still causes me to pause when I remember how much I feared fat before. Oh how much this girl has learned!
Pull Out Your Slow Cookers!
I decided to make this recipe in a slow cooker, because let’s face it life is so much easier when we can throw some ingredients into a pot and let it do all the work for us. Don’t have a slow cooker? Not a problem you can simply adapt the recipe and cook it on the stove top.
If you choose the stove top method just keep a close eye on your Low Carb LCHF Broccoli Cheese Soup, making sure you stir it often so that all that all delicious cheese won’t burn and stick to the bottom of your pot.
High Fat Keeps Hunger At Bay
One of the reasons a keto diet is easy to adhere to is because a diet that is high in healthy fats and low in carbs will keep you nice and full for hours. This soup is hearty enough to enjoy by itself. If however you want to pair it with something else why not consider my Low Carb “Corn” Bread a much healthier alternative to regular bread.
A Favorite Keto Hack
In closing, whether you are new to the low carb keto way of eating, or you’ve been struggling to get into ketosis on your low carb keto plan. consider using Keto//OS to assist you. By doing so you will naturally elevate your ketones and this means you will see a major reduction in appetite, carb cravings, and sustained energy.
It’s a fantastic tool to breakthrough a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge. Using Keto//OS makes the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option. We loving how this all-natural powerful supplement is blessing so many of our Fittoserve Group Community to meet their goals.
I encourage you to watch this short 4 minute explainer video to learn the science behind Keto//OS
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Low Carb LCHF Broccoli Cheese Soup
A low carb broccoli and cheese soup made in a crockpot.
10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 35 Cook Time
1 hr, 45 Total Time
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups of chicken broth (heated in the microwave)
- 5 cups fresh broccoli flowerets cut into small pieces
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp of softened unsalted butter
- Dash of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up the broccoli crowns into small flowerets and set aside. In the crock pot add the butter, softened cream cheese, whipping cream and mix well. Once fully combined add the parmesan cheese. Add the heated chicken broth and water to the crock pot. Next add the broccoli crowns, thyme, salt and pepper and the 2 ½ cups of cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or medium-high for 1 hour and 45 minutes. After each hour or so stir the crock pot to make sure everything is combing well.
- Once fully heated through and the florets are tender the soup is done. Add the salt and pepper at this point so that you are seasoning it appropriately.
- Note that this is a thick soup, you can thin it out by adding more water or chicken broth once it is all fully combined.