These delicious keto cinnamon sugar donuts will singlehandedly bring donuts back into your low-carb life!
Is there anything more amazing than the smell of fresh-baked cinnamon sugar donuts? I don’t think so. But what makes this recipe really stand out is that it’s sugar-free, gluten-free, low in carbs, and keto-friendly.
If that’s not a win I don’t know what is.
Whether it’s a quick snack you’re needing or a fast keto breakfast, these low-carb cinnamon sugar donuts make the ultimate treat.
Do also check out our recipe for keto sour cream donuts that are lightly spiced with nutmeg for the flavor profile of old-fashioned donuts we all remember and love.
AND our keto strawberry donuts for a seasonal treat!
Keto Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
With a name that includes sugar, you may be wondering how on earth they can be keto. Well, rest assured that these lovely donuts are void of sugar. The use of an erythritol monk fruit blend makes sure that these stay within your keto macros and in ketosis.
These cake donuts have a moist tender crumb thanks to the addition of sour cream, this also gives them that old fashion flavor we know and love.
I opted to use a combination of almond and coconut flour because in my humble option it also plays a role in getting the perfect cake donut texture.
How To Make Keto Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Don’t you love when a recipe comes together easily? Well, that’s what this fuss-free keto donut recipe provides.
To make your low-carb cinnamon sugar donuts, you’ll need to pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees, properly grease your donut molds and then simply mix your dry and wet ingredients together.
Basically, you’ll combine the almond and coconut flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. To these dry ingredients, you’ll then add the sour cream, melted butter, whole eggs, and vanilla extract and combine well. I recommend you use an electric mixer to ensure the batter is well incorporated.
I like using silicone molds but a non-stick donut baking pan will also work. In both instances, you will need to grease the cavity of the molds.
In order to ensure even baking I place my silicone molds on top of a cookie sheet, this also makes it easier when it comes time to take it out of the oven.
After the donuts are baked and cooled you’ll proceed to make the icing and then allow the icing to set by placing your donuts on a baking rack.
Sugar-free Sweetener Options
As far as which sugar substitute to use for these keto cinnamon donuts, I have a few recommendations. If you are regular on our site you know I’m a huge fan of Lakanto Monk Fruit. This is because the texture of Lakanto is spot on and since there is barely any aftertaste. It is a monk fruit and erythritol blend.
In the case of this donut recipe, you can opt to use a brown sugar substitute if you prefer. I am partial to Lankanto Gold. You can use this sweetener in both the batter and the topping.
I love that Lakanto Monk Fruit is all-natural and it gets its sweetness from antioxidants called mogrosides, instead of fructose or sucrose. And it has zero calories and zero glycemic impact.
I’m also partial to Swerve another erythritol blend. It works well in this keto donut recipe and is a great choice if you are looking for a sugar substitute that has no bitter aftertaste and measures just like sugar.
It’s also a sugar substitute that browns and caramelizes just like sugar. Swerve is made from ingredients found in select fruits and starchy root vegetables and contains no artificial ingredients, preservatives, or flavors.
Like Lankanto, Swerve has a 0 % impact on blood sugar.
If you are a fan of stevia, you can use the stevia and erythritol-based brand Pyure in this recipe. However, it’s important to note that if you are using Pyure you will want to use 1/2 the amount called for in this recipe since it’s a much sweeter option.
However, I will also add that if using a stevia blend you will use less of the sugar-cinnamon coating to avoid it being overly sweet.
I sure hope you will give this keto cinnamon donut recipe a try. Once you do, make sure you remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook. It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for our recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
In case you don’t know we have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Randy and I came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
To say we needed God’s intervention is putting it mildly. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting to we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Note that once you click the link you will be prompted to answer a few questions that ensure that you understand what this group stands for.
Favorite Keto Hack To Stay On Track!
Arming yourself with keto recipes is certainly key in doing this diet long enough to see the many benefits. But even with the best low-carb ketogenic recipes sometimes additional help is needed.
This is when we also encourage you to have the right supplements to help you get and stay in ketosis. Because when you have the right tools the keto diet becomes easier.
Perhaps you’ve struggled to get into ketosis consistently on your low-carb keto diet, or you’ve hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge, consider using Perfect KETO’s bundle to assist you. It’s a great way to see the benefits sooner rather than later.
You’ll learn how to elevate your ketones naturally enter into ketosis more quickly. Being at a deeper level of ketosis will help reduce your appetite, carb cravings, and give you lasting energy. These are the things you want to see happen as they make this diet sustainable and it’s why we recommend them.
Perfect Keto has offered our readers a 15% discount on their products. Simply use this link for all qualifying products and the code FITTOSERVE at checkout
Keto Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 1 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup granulated brown sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup of full-fat sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of unsalted melted butter, cooled
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Keto Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar substitute white or golden
- 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Keto Sour Cream Donuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease well two 6 cavity donut pans.
- Melt 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- To the dry ingredients add the sour cream, melted butter, vanilla extract and the 3 eggs one at a time.
- Mix the batter using an electric mixer until fully incorporated.
- Pipe the batter into the two prepared donut pans. I added the batter to a large zip lock bag that I cut the tip of and then piped the batter into the donut pan cavities.
- I lightly tapped the batter into the donut pans using my fingers.
- Note that you will be filling the donut pans just to the rim because these donuts do not rise much.
- Bake donuts for minutes for 25-30 minutes until donuts are fully cooked and you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Allow the Keto Donuts to fully cool at room temperature before taking them out of the mold.
- Once the donuts are removed from the donut molds, place them on a baking rack. Proceed to make the cinnamon sugar topping.
Keto Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- Melt the butter and add to a small bowl that is large enough to dunk the donuts in. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the sugar substitute, cinnamon, salt and set aside.
- Once the donuts have come out of the oven and have been allowed to fully cool.
- Dunk each donut individually into the melted, cooled butter and then quickly dunk into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. I only added the topping to one side of the donut and the nutritional facts reflect this.
- Once the donuts have their cinnamon sugar coating place back on. baking rack to set for about five minutes.
Storing Your Donuts
- Store your donuts in a plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze in a freezer container for up to 3 weeks.
- Allow your donuts to come to room temperature for best flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15.1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 11.5gNet Carbohydrates: 5.6gFiber: 5.9gSugar: 1.7gProtein: 8.2g