This keto jalapeño popper chicken casserole is the perfect easy keto-friendly casserole to make for dinner! It delivers all of the flavors of jalapeño poppers but without all the breading and carbs in a one-pan dish!
With layers of cream cheese, cheddar, and chicken this keto casserole makes for a very filling meal! The flavors of the spices and jalapeños shine through, but without being too spicy.
It’s also much quicker to make than traditional individual poppers! Since it also has chicken it is a complete meal.
This low carb jalapeño popper chicken is also gluten-free, low-glycemic, and packed with flavor! This keto-friendly chicken dish is so delicious and easy that it will definitely be a family favorite!
If you’re on the hunt for more low-carb keto casserole recipes then you should head over to our Keto Sloppy Joe Casseroles for a delicious twist on the classic!
You might also enjoy our Keto Spaghetti Squash Alfredo Casserole which is perfect for when you’re really missing pasta!
And be sure to also check out our entire collection of keto chicken recipes for more delicious options!
Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
When sticking to a keto-friendly diet, it can be easy to get “stuck in a rut” when it comes to dinner but this casserole is sure to shake things up!
This jalapeno popper chicken casserole is a great way to switch up your meals and add some more bold flavors!
Keto dinners don’t have to be boring, and this keto casserole is proof!
Keto casseroles are a fabulous way to incorporate high-fat low-carb ingredients to create an amazing dinner without all the carbs and with little effort!
Keto-friendly meals don’t get much easier than this one, with just a few simple steps, this keto casserole will be on your dinner table in no time!
If you’re a regular around here, you know that we love easy recipes and this jalapeño popper chicken casserole is definitely one for your meal planning rotation.
The perfect low-carb solution for busy families on hectic weeknights.
How To Make Keto-Friendly Jalapeño Popper Chicken
Making this gluten-free jalapeño popper casserole really is quick and simple. You’ll start off by cooking and crumbling your bacon and setting it aside.
Next, you’ll season your chicken tenderloins(or boneless thighs for extra flavor!) with chipotle powder, salt, and black pepper.
Then you’ll prepare the creamy sauce by combining the softened cream cheese and sour cream and adding onion and garlic powder.
Once combined well, all that’s left is to assemble the casserole and bake it. I told you it was easy!
You’ll simply place the chicken at the bottom of your dish, cover it with the cream cheese/sour cream mixture, and top the whole thing with shredded cheddar, cooked bacon, and green onions.
Pop your casserole in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned and enjoy!
Ingredients Needed for Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
The following are the ingredients you’ll need to make this keto casserole. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Chicken tenders or boneless thighs
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
- Chipotle ground pepper
- Jalapeños seeded and diced
- Sharp finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onion
What To Serve With Jalapeño Popper Chicken
This jalapeño popper keto chicken casserole can certainly be enjoyed without any sides since it is a complete meal on its own.
However, if you want to round out your meal further, you can certainly serve this with a simple side.
I recommend that you choose a mild side dish since the flavor of jalapeños can quickly overwhelm a dish.
Also, choose keto sides that come together easily.
Here are some sides to consider:
I sure hope you will make this keto-friendly jalapeño popper chicken casserole. You might want to also try our keto creamy jalapeño chicken for a similar flavor profile.
Don’t forget to visit our entire collection of keto friendly casseroles for more delicious options!
Please remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook with your pictures if you decide to make it. I can’t tell you how encouraging it is to see how well you are all duplicating our little recipes.
Grab Our Books & APP
In case you don’t know, we have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years.
It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Gain access to simple and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts with our FITTOSERVEGROUP APP.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision, we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days) We hope it blesses you.
Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken
This keto jalapeño popper chicken features layers of flavor in a simple one-dish casserole.
- 3 pounds of chicken tenders or boneless thighs sliced in half
- 10 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, reserve 1/4 teaspoon for the cream cheese spread
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle ground pepper
- 3 fresh jalapeños seeded and diced
- 1 3/4 cups of sharp finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon, about 8 slices
- 2 tablespoon of sliced green onion tops (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease well a 9x13 inch baking dish. I like using the reserved bacon fat from when I cooked the bacon. (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- In a large bowl season the chicken with salt, black pepper, and chipotle pepper. and lay the chicken in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and the reserved 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Next, sprinkle the jalapeño peppers and the shredded cheese and cooked bacon pieces over the top of the chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover the chicken and bake another 5-7 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 545Total Fat: 38..4gSaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 206mgSodium: 1600mgCarbohydrates: 2.5gNet Carbohydrates: 2.4gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.4gProtein: 61.8g