This keto chicken bacon chowder is a creamy, thick soup that can be made on the stovetop or crockpot.
The chowder stays keto by substituting potatoes for cauliflower rice. If you’re familiar with crack chicken, this is basically a creamy keto crack chicken chowder soup.
With only 8 net carbs per serving size, it’s a much healthier option compared to most chowder recipes that can have up 23 net carbs.
I made this recipe with raw chicken breasts, but you could also use leftover rotisserie chicken to further speed things up.
This keto chowder is a delicious and hearty soup that’s packed with flavor and has a creamy texture that will leave you feeling satisfied.
And, since it’s low in carbs, it’s a great option if you’re following a ketogenic diet.
Be sure to check out our entire collection of keto chicken recipes for more delicious options!
Keto Chicken Bacon Chowder
Anytime I have an excuse to combine the flavors of ranch seasoning, chicken, bacon, and cheese in a recipe, I know it’s going to be a hit with my family.
That certainly was the case with this recipe.
This chowder is so full of great flavor and so easy to make! I love that it has all of my favorite ingredients in one dish – chicken, bacon, ranch seasoning, and cheese.
The texture is perfect and the flavor is amazing. I’m confident that it’s a recipe that you’ll want to make often.
What Is The Difference Between Chowder Or Soup?
Chowder belongs to its own kind of soup. It is rich, creamy, and thick. Basically, chowder is cream-based, while soups tend to be thinner.
The name chowder is derived from the French term “chaudiere” which is a type of pot where French fishermen would boil their catch with vegetables and potatoes.
Chowder is thick because most recipes use flour to thicken it.
In the case of this keto chicken chowder, it is neither thickened by flour nor potatoes but rather uses a combination of heavy cream and cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower rice is grated cauliflower that has been cooked until tender. It makes a great low-carb alternative to rice in many recipes.
So there you have it, the difference between chowder and soup!
Ingredients Needed To Make A Keto Chicken Bacon Chowder
Below are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this chicken keto bacon chowder soup. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- Garlic cloves
- Frozen cauliflower rice, or fresh riced cauliflower
- Black pepper
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Dried dill
- Dried chives
- Dried parsley
- Crispy bacon
- Cream cheese
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh parsley
How To Make A Keto Crack Chicken Chowder
Making this keto creamy crack chicken soup is pretty straightforward.
You’ll start by chopping your chicken breasts and adding them, along with the vegetables, broth, and spices, to a 5-quart pot.
Then cook over medium-high heat until the soup begins to boil. Next, reduce the heat and allow the chowder to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
Once the chicken has had time to cook, you’ll add the heavy cream, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese and give it a good stir until everything melts completely into the soup and is fully incorporated.
You should not see any visible chunks of cream cheese.
If the soup needs to be thinned, just add an additional cup of chicken stock.
Then you will stir in half the cooked, chopped bacon pieces and that’s it!
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and the remaining bacon pieces.
Keto Rotisserie Chicken Bacon Chowder Option
This keto chowder can even be made with rotisserie chicken; it’s the quickest way.
This allows you to skip the cooking process completely by using the two shredded chicken breasts from a leftover rotisserie chicken.
In this case, you’ll simply heat up the chicken with the chicken broth, cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and half the cooked bacon pieces.
How To Make Keto Chicken Bacon Chowder In A Crockpot
In an effort to give you a couple of cooking options, I’ve included instructions on how to make this chicken chowder in a crockpot.
To do so simply add the chicken, onion, garlic, carrots, cauliflower rice chicken broth, and spices to the slow cooker and cook on the high setting for four hours or on the low setting for six hours.
Once the soup has simmered and the chicken is fully cooked, you can add the cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and bacon crumbles on top of the soup.
It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes for you.
Grab Our Books & APP
In case you don’t know we have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Gain access to simple and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts with our FITTOSERVEGROUP APP.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days) We hope it blesses you.
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces of frozen cauliflower rice or fresh riced cauliflower
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-quart (4 cups) of low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 6 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- Add the chicken, vegetables, broth, and spices to a 5-quart pot and cook over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the chicken has had time to cook add the heavy cream, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese and give it a good stir until it melts completely into the soup and is fully incorporated.
- Next, stir in half the cooked bacon pieces.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and remaining bacon pieces.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Crockpot - Slow- Cooker Instructions
- You can make this soup in a crockpot to do so add the chicken that has been cut, onion, garlic, carrots, cauliflower rice, chicken broth, and spices to the slow cooker
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Once the soup has simmered and the chicken is fully cooked, add the cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and half the cooked bacon pieces.
- Garnish with parsley and the remaining pieces and bacon.
- Store leftovers for 3 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 24.7gSaturated Fat: 13.4gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 992mgCarbohydrates: 10.5gNet Carbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g