Sharing my keto sour cream cinnamon coffee cake, because in my humble opinion, a well constructed coffee cake should feature a generous rich streusel crumb topping.
Not enough cinnamon crumb topping and this girl feels seriously deprived. Who’s with me on this?
I mean isn’t the best part of coffee cake the topping? Which is why I had to create not one, but two low carb keto coffee cakes that allows the streusel topping to be the star. Oh and I also made a keto pumpkin streusel cupcake because I just couldn’t help myself.
You may have tried my first low carb coffee cake recipe and may be wondering why I felt the need to create another, especially since I raved about my first so much.
This keto cinnamon coffee is similar to my low carb one, but this one is sour cream based and makes it just a little more traditional. The sour cream addition makes for a really moist melt in your mouth cake.
Most coffee cakes use sour cream to give it added richness. And maybe I just wanted an excuse to come up with another recipe. Can you fault me for this? One of the perks of recipe creation is that I get to test them for you. It’s a tough job but someone needs to do it. 😉
Coffee cakes are usually enjoyed at breakfast, but who says that’s not a rule that can’t be broken? After all the only thing that this keto sour cream cinnamon coffee cake needs, is a large mug of hot coffee.
Every low carb, keto baker should have this recipe in their arsenal.
I can’t wait for you to try.
I hope you see that it’s my desire to give you easy low carb, keto recipes that make this lifestyle easier.
Let me know which one you enjoyed more. I always love hearing from you.
Favorite Keto Hacks!
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes.
You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement.
To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.
Learn more about how the science works by watching these short explainer video
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.
Keto Sour Cream Cinnamon Coffee Cake
A rich Low Carb Sour Cream Cinnamon Coffee Cake. It features a large streusel topping.
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 cups of almond flour finely milled
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup (1 stick) melted butter cooled
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of almond flour (I used finely milled)
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup of sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- ½ cup of your favorite low carb nuts (I used pecans)
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch spring-form cake pan.
- Make the crumb topping: In a small bowl, combine the sugar substitute, almond flour, coconut flour, pecan nuts, salt and cinnamon. To the dry ingredients add I thinly sliced cold butter and cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Cake batter: In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sugar substitute, spices, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt. In a small bowl, stir the cooled melted butter, sour cream, and eggs until they are well combined. Fold the butter & sour cream mixture into the batter dry ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Spread the batter into the spring-form pan and sprinkle the crumb topping over the cake.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the crumbs are lightly browned and until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Testhas finally made this possible.