Keto Pumpkin Coconut Flour Coffee Cake, a recipe that has all this season’s pumpkin spice flavors minus the high carbs.
This keto pumpkin coffee cake is made with coconut flour making it not only keto-friendly but it’s a nut-free, sugar-free option.
Last month I shared my recipe for keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake and it was quickly well received. It encourages me so much when you all share your lovely pictures giving my recipe a thumbs up.
However, I wanted to create a low carb pumpkin coffee cake that did not use any nut flours. I have made it a point to try to add more recipes that are made with coconut flour and I am thrilled to say my collection is growing.
What’s not to love about a keto pumpkin coconut flour coffee cake? After all the use of coconut flour makes it an even lower in carbs. If that doesn’t inspire you to try this keto coffee cake I don’t know what else will.
My recipe for keto pumpkin coffee cake is a spice-filled, moist, tender, treat. What’s more it’s easy to make.
Every bite of this cake is packed with the pumpkin spices we all love during fall. Making it a great option during a season where high carb desserts run rampant.
Because I chose to make this keto pumpkin coffee cake with coconut flour instead of almond flour, now even individuals with nut allergies who are able to consume coconut have an option too.
Keto Pumpkin Coconut Flour Coffee Cake
To ensure that you make the perfect keto pumpkin coconut flour coffee cake there are a few steps you want to remember.
First, make sure all your ingredients for the coffee cake are at room temperature. If you’re in the habit of skipping this step, wise up and start making this step important.
Trust me it makes a world of difference when it comes to combining your ingredients if you remember to have your ingredients already at room temperature.
Another vital tip is to make sure you are actually using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. I can’t tell you how often people make the mistake of using the wrong one.
If that happens while doing a keto diet you will certainly be kicked out of ketosis since pumpkin pie filling is loaded with sugar.
Do make sure you melt your butter and then allow it to cool before adding it to the wet batter. You don’t want to add hot butter to the mix unless what you’re after is scrambled eggs with pumpkin.
Taking the time to measure and combine all your dry ingredients into a separate bowl before adding them to the wet ingredients, will ensure that everything gets incorporated well.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Keto Pumpkin Coffee Cake (Coconut Flour)
When baking this keto pumpkin coconut flour coffee cake, you can choose to bake it in a 9 inch springform pan or any other 9 inch baking pan.
I am real fan of springform pans and it’s why I opted to make my coconut flour version of my keto pumpkin coffee cake in it. But any baking pan including glass would work with this recipe.
I’ve topped my pumpkin coffee cake with a vanilla icing that takes this cake to even greater heights. It’s made with powdered erythritol, which if you haven’t tried you want to put on your shortlist.
Because it’s a close to confectioners sugar as you are going to get when going keto. It’s my go-to choice when making a keto-friendly icing.
Making A Coconut Flour Keto Streusel Topping
Thankfully, creating a coconut flour keto streusel topping for your pumpkin coffee cake is pretty straightforward.
You’ll only need coconut flour, sugar substitute, butter, and some pumpkin filled spices. If you can have nuts in your diet you can add a cup of your favorite chopped low carb nuts to the topping.
Serving And Storing Keto Pumpkin Coconut Flour Coffee Cake
Your keto pumpkin coconut flour coffee cake can be served warm or at room temperature for best flavor.
Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. This coffee cake can be frozen for up to three weeks. I prefer freezing the cake whole and then allowing it to defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
Keto Pumpkin Recipes
If you’re a fan of pumpkin make sure you also checkout our other popular pumpkin recipes.
Also check out our Amazon Store for recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
We invite you to join Fittoservegroup’s Private Facebook group to see how others are joining their Christian Faith with the Keto Lifestyle for maximum transformation.
Keto Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 1 1 /2 cups of coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- dash of clove powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter melted and allowed to cool
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
Keto Coconut Flour Streusel Topping
- 3/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (cold and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Keto Vanilla Icing
- 1/2 cup swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 4-5 heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Keto Pumpkin Coconut Flour Coffee Cake Batter
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, sugar substitute, spices, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir the cooled melted butter, sour cream, and eggs until they are well combined.
- Fold the butter, pumpkin puree, sour cream mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the batter into the well greased pan.
Keto Coconut Flour Streusel Topping
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar substitute, coconut flour, coconut flakes, salt and cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg.
- To the dry ingredients add the cold thinly sliced butter and cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or two forks until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread the coconut flour streusel to the top of the batter.
- Gently tap the streusel unto the cake to help it adhere to the cake batter.
Baking The Keto Pumpkin Coconut Flour Coffee Cake
- Bake your keto pumpkin coconut flour coffee cake for 30 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree oven in the center rack of your oven.
- Cake will be done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Keto Vanilla Icing
- ½ cup swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 4-5 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- Dash of sea salt
Icing And Storying Your Keto Coffee Cake
- Allow your cake to cool for at least 1 hour before adding the icing.
- Slice and serve your coffee cake warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 5 days.
- Cake can be frozen whole for unto 3 weeks.
- KitchenAid KSM150PSAQ Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Aqua Sky
- Perfect Keto Exogenous Ketones and Ketosis Supplements
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11.7g Cholesterol: 91mg Sodium: 138mg Carbohydrates: 3.6g Fiber: 1.4g Sugar: 1g Protein: 2.6g