Have you been at an impasse when it comes to adding fiber to your low carb, keto diet? Does it seem challenging to find delicious low in carbs and high in fiber food options? If so, you are going to love my keto high fiber crackers.
Let’s Talk Fiber And Why You Need It When Doing Keto
Let me be candid with you, getting enough fiber on a keto diet can be challenging. There I said it. Sure, you should get most of your fiber from green leafy vegetables, but sometimes that’s not enough.
There is no denying that constipation can occur on low carb, keto diets. But frankly, any change in our diet can also cause this.
Dr. Eric Westman, offers some recommendations about how to address this problem, including drinking sufficient water, increasing non-starchy, fibrous vegetable intake, and even using the occasional sugar-free candy that contains sugar alcohols for it’s mild laxative properties.
Alternatively, you can ensure you’re getting enough fiber through a supplement.
But I am a fan of creating delicious foods that are high in fiber to get enough fiber in your diet.
If I’m given the option of taking a fiber supplement or a tasty snack, what do you think I’m going to choose?
Something tells me you are in my camp when it comes to this too. Which is why I am sharing my recipe for keto high fiber crackers. A tasty effective way to add fiber to your diet.
Low Carb High Fiber
As a recipe creator, I wanted a way to offer you a delicious cheese cracker that would be high in fiber yet low in carbs.
I know there are plenty of good recipes out there for keto crackers, but I not only wanted a delicious cracker, I wanted it to meet my fiber needs easily.
Can I hear an amen from those who’ve been wanting a keto treat that also took care of your fiber intake?
Dealing With Cravings
I must admit that at times I’ve craved regular wheat crackers. But no matter how strong a craving can be, I refuse to have a gluten-loaded cracker. Because frankly it’s the last thing my body needs.
After I made the connection that I had a very high intolerance to wheat and that consuming it made my fibromyalgia symptoms flare, I’ve avoided wheat like the plague.
Which is why I usually resort to pork rinds when I want something crunchy. Don’t get me wrong pork rinds are great and all, but they offer no added fiber to my diet and doesn’t have the exact mouth-feel of a cracker.
I will admit that I have succumbed to plantain chips when a strong craving strikes but these are way to high in carbs and not a great option.
Creating A High In Fiber Keto Cracker
These keto high fiber cheese crackers hit the spot perfectly, by dealing with my craving and providing me with fiber.
What makes my keto crackers high in fiber? They are packed with chia seeds, flax seeds, and psyllium powder.
Is that enough fiber for ya? Well, it certainly was for our family.
I knew I had a winner when my keto high fiber crackers tasted like a traditional wheat cracker. Making me feel like I was cheating. I knew I was unto something special when a keto recipe tastes like a major cheat.
More Keto High Fiber Recipes
Because I understand the need for fiber on a low carb keto diet, I’ve created other recipes that can help address this.
If you decide to make any of our recipes, please take a quick picture and make sure to tag us on Instagram, or Facebook. You have no idea who much it encourages me to keep creating for you when I see your pictures.
Keto High Fiber Crackers
A recipe for keto high fiber crackers.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup of finely ground parmesan cheese (what comes in a container)
- ½ cup of freshly ground parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons of psyllium powder
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- ¼ cup of whole flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon of sea-salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons of avocado or olive oil or any other healthy oil of your choice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 whole egg
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
- In a large stand-up mixer add all the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add the water, oil and egg to the mixture and stir until a fully incorporated dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out the dough thinly between two sheets of parchment paper. The thinner you roll out the dough the crispier the crackers.
- NOTE: If you choose to not roll out to thinly, you get more of flatbread consistency. This is also a very good and delicious option.
- Remove the top layer of the parchment paper and either bake the whole flattened dough on a large cookie sheet with the bottom layer of parchment paper left in place.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges or score the dough to create more uniform crackers.
- I went for a more organic shape which is why I opted to bake the whole cracker dough in two batches. Once the baked whole cracker cooled, I broke the large cracker into smaller pieces.
Perfect Keto Tip
With the ability to now get ketones exogenously (we can now drink our ketones), and be in in a state of therapeutic ketosis.
People are experiencing the power of ketones sometimes for the first time.
Making our journey to share this conversation much more easier.
The testimonials that are coming from the community because of this new technology have been very encouraging.
Watch this explainer video and let us help you get started today.
Need to learn more about ketosis and it’s many benefits? I encourage you read our post here.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//OS. We are here to assist you on your journey to wellness and would love to help you get started.