This keto cream cheese chocolate pound cake recipe is rich, moist, and flat-out dreamy. It’s everything you love about a traditional cream cheese pound cake, except that it’s chocolate and keto-friendly.
It’s a decadent keto chocolate pound cake that is sure to satisfy your craving for a dark chocolate cake while on a ketogenic diet.
And because it’s cream cheese chocolate pound cake, the texture is moist and dense and, as a bonus, high in protein.
Whether you are looking for a recipe to silence the sweet tooth of a chocolate lover or for a special occasion, this keto chocolate cake is made easily in a loaf pan or two.
My recipe for low carb chocolate pound cake was inspired by my well-loved keto cream cheese pound cake. It’s a favorite in the keto community.
Loaded with chocolate flavor, this keto chocolate pound cake recipe uses simple ingredients like almond flour.
But I also have a keto chocolate coconut flour pound cake if you are looking for a keto pound cake recipe that is nut-free.
Keto Chocolate Pound Cake
This keto chocolate loaf recipe came to me in a dream. Yes, a dream. Has anyone else dreamt of a recipe before?
It’s why I call it our dreamy cream cheese chocolate pound cake recipe!
Clocking in at only 4.5 g net carbs per serving, it’s a great recipe that is not only low in carbs but completely gluten-free!
Make sure you remember to also check out our Keto Cream Cheese Recipes for other delicious recipes that feature cream cheese.
So, this is the first time I actually had a dream with a recipe. At least the first time that I can recall. Because for all I know, all my low-carb keto creations come via dreams.
Maybe it’s just that I can’t always remember them.
I’ve heard about musicians writing songs in their dreams, and that always struck me as something special. I guess it was kinda my turn to experience something similar.
Keto Cream Cheese Chocolate Pound Cake
I think it’s fair to say that the chances of this girl dreaming up a song are slim to none. That’s the kind of experience left to maybe Randy, Michelle, or Peter, the musicians in our family.
However, a dream about a keto recipe? Now that’s something I should have seen coming.
Why? Well, with all the time I spend thinking about possible new keto recipes, I can’t say it surprised me that one would eventually visit me in my dreams.
Although I may never be able to tell you what it’s like to dream up a song, I can now tell you what it’s like to write a recipe in a dream.
I remember waking up and thinking, did I just dream up a recipe for a keto cream cheese chocolate cake? Or am I just wanting chocolate again?
In the dream, I saw a glorious, rich, and decadent keto chocolate pound cake (with almond flour) dripping with chocolate ganache. It was a thing of beauty, I tell you.
Take a guess at what I had for breakfast that morning. Yup, a keto chocolate pound cake. Ha! Don’t you dare judge me?
Going to the kitchen to create a chocolate version of my keto cream cheese pound cake was the first thing I did that day.
Maybe not before my morning devotions, but soon afterward, I was ready to see it manifest.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
How To Make A Chocolate Keto Pound Cake
This recipe makes two 8×4-inch chocolate pound cakes, but I have included instructions for those who only want one loaf.
My recipe freezes beautifully. So why not enjoy one and freeze the other?
Moreover, you can freeze the almond flour chocolate pound cake whole or in individual slices.
Alternatively, you can bake the recipe in a bundt pan for a keto chocolate bundt cake option.
Start by combing the dry ingredients, the almond flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking powder, and salt, and set it aside.
Be sure that your butter, eggs, and cream cheese have come to room temperature for the best results.
Then in a large mixing bowl, you’ll beat the softened butter and granulated sugar substitute on high until light and fluffy.
Next, add the softened cream cheese and combine well until fully incorporated.
Then you’ll add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition.
The wet ingredients you’ll then add all the dry ingredients mixing well until thoroughly combined.
Lastly, you’ll add the melted baking chocolate in a stream and beat the mixture until it’s well incorporated.
Note that you can melt the baking chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 15-second intervals.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan(s) and refer to the baking time depending on the pans you are choosing.
Allow the cake to cool for a minimum of fifteen minutes before unmolding, and then wait until the cake is thoroughly cooled before spreading the chocolate ganache over the surface of the cake.
The sugar-free chocolate ganache comes together quickly by simply combining the melted butter, melted baking chocolate, and powdered sugar substitute.
Then you’ll add the heavy whipping cream a couple of tablespoons at a time and mix till well incorporated. Lastly, stir in the coconut oil.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pound Cake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients for this keto cake recipe and the chocolate ganache: Note that the full printable recipe card, as well as the nutritional information, is at the bottom of the page.
- Finely milled almond flour
- Granulated sugar-substitute
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Eggs, room temperature
- Baking chocolate melted
Keto-Friendly Chocolate Ganache
- Baking chocolate, melted
- Unsalted butter, melted
- Refined coconut oil, melted
- Heavy whipping cream
- Confectioners sugar-substitute
Giving God The Glory
I’ve mentioned it before, but it’s worth repeating how I give God ALL the glory for my recipes.
I am not saying that Jesus shows up in my kitchen and hands me a stick of butter or anything. Although, how cool would that be?
I am, however, saying that I can sense Him guiding me as I formulate my recipes. That may sound odd to you, but it’s how I approach everything in my life.
The Bible says that God is interested in the details of our lives. So why not get His opinion on it all, then?
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.Psalm 37:23
Once I step into my kitchen and surrender my recipe idea to Him, I enter this creative space that allows me to quickly and effortlessly devise a low-carb recipe.
I sense His delight as I combine one ingredient after another until a new recipe is birthed.
Trust me when I tell you that coming up with keto recipes does not come easy for most food bloggers. It’s common for a recipe to take five to ten tries before finally seeing the light of day.
But I can’t say that’s been my experience in the early days of low-carb keto baking. It was rough, and I saw my share of wasted ingredients.
That is until I wised up and reminded God that if He wanted me to do this assignment, He would also have to equip me. Yes, I talk to God that way.
Don’t you? Well, you could, you know, it’s part of having a personal relationship with Jesus.
Easy Keto Recipes
Fortunately, most of my recipes come together relatively easily, a testament of God’s divine favor over my life. AND why I will not take credit for any of it.
So if you ever hear a tone of bragging in my writing as I gush over a recipe, it’s because I know who’s behind it.
I sure hope you give this low carb chocolate pound cake a try.
Looking for a chocolate muffin option? Be sure to check out our keto chocolate cream cheese muffins made with similar ingredients.
And visit our keto sour cream chocolate cake if you prefer a sour cream-based cake.
Be sure to also check out our Amazon Store for recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Do you know what goes fabulously with this recipe? My favorite nootropic coffee supplement. It’s a cup of coffee that gives you clean energy and pairs well with this recipe.
Grab Our Books!
I pray these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting, we got on the path to real transformation.
Having known firsthand the benefits of this decision, we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days) We hope it blesses you.
Fittoservegroup Keto App
Looking for a fast way to access our keto recipes? We got you covered. There’s an app for that. Yup, there’s a Fit To Serve Group App and it’s going to make your keto diet a delicious breeze!
Access hundreds of recipes that are all sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
Enjoy early access to recipes before they go live on the website. Plus, bonus recipes that are exclusive to the app. Make your own personal cookbooks that you can use to organize your favorite recipes.
Search recipes by title, ingredients, keywords, and categories, and of course, every recipe shows complete nutritional facts. Get the Fit to Serve Group App for easy-to-follow keto recipes made with easy-to-source ingredients.
The app is loaded with hundreds of yummy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts!
Learn more by visiting our Fit To Serve Group App Page.
Keto Cream Cheese Chocolate Pound Cake
- 2 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour , measured and sifted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee (optional for enhancing chocolate )
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups of sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 7 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 eggs, room temperature
- 2 ounces of baking chocolate (melted)
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter melted
- 2 ounces of baking chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons of confectioners sugar substitute
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and line with parchment paper two 8x4 inch loaf pans. Leave an overhang of parchment paper about 2 inches to lift the loaves out of the pans easily. (refer to notes if you only want one loaf or if you want to bake in a bundt pan).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar substitute on high until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and combine well until fully incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Add all the dry ingredients mixing well until thoroughly combined.
- Lastly, add the melted baking chocolate in a stream and beat the mixture until fully mixed. Note that you can melt the baking chocolate over a double boiler or microwave in 15-second intervals.
- Pour the batter into your two prepared loaf pans and bake for 60-70 minutes or until done.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 15 minutes before taking them out of the mold, and then wait until the cake is thoroughly cooled before spreading the chocolate ganache.
- Combine the melted butter, baking chocolate, and powdered sugar substitute until well combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream a couple of tablespoons at a time and mix till well incorporated.
- Lastly, stir in the coconut oil.
Halfing The Recipe
This recipe makes two 8x4-inch loaves. The following are the ingredients for making just one 8x4-inch loaf.
Keto Chocolate Pound Cake (For One Loaf)
- 1 1/4 cups of finely milled almond flour, measured and sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee (optional for enhancing the chocolate flavor)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 1/2 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ounce of baking chocolate (melted)
Chocolate Ganache (For One Loaf)
- Two tablespoons of unsalted butter melted
- 1 ounce of baking chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar substitute
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Bundt Pan instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter well a 10-cup capacity bundt pan with softened butter.
- Add the batter to the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the bundt pan for 15 minutes before removing out from the pan. Ensure the cake is thoroughly cooled before adding the icing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 22 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187.2Total Fat: 20.8gSaturated Fat: 9.4gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 5.7gNet Carbohydrates: 4.5gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 3.2gProtein: 6.1g