This keto chicken Florentine casserole is a dish loaded with flavor and easy to make. It’s the perfect meal for anyone wanting to bring dinner to the table in 30 minutes or less!
Involving very little prep work, this low-carb chicken Florentine casserole recipe makes keto a delicious breeze!
With only a few simple ingredients, including boneless chicken breasts, fresh spinach, mushrooms, and shredded mozzarella cheese, it’s a chicken casserole that is flat-out delicious.
However, the show’s star is the homemade Alfredo sauce, made with sour cream, heavy cream mayonnaise, and grated Parmesan cheese.
Once everything is layered together in a baking dish and baked in the oven, you’ll have a delicious and satisfying meal, perfect for any occasion.
Save time and effort with a filling meal the entire family will love.
This keto Florentine chicken casserole is gluten-free, low-glycemic, and nutritious. What more can you ask for?
If you’re on the hunt for more keto casserole recipes, we have a growing collection that is sure to please.
And be sure to check out our entire collection of keto chicken recipes for more delicious options!
Keto Florentine Chicken Casserole
Creating keto meals that the whole family will enjoy makes busy weeknights a breeze.
But keep in mind that this keto chicken casserole is also a great option the next time you’re hosting a dinner party since its amazing flavor is sure to please.
It’s a chicken florentine casserole that, even if you’re not on a keto diet, you’ll appreciate having a complete meal that requires very little prep time.
This is a delicious, easy recipe you’ll want to add to your meal prep rotation.
Because meals do not have to be boring, this keto chicken à la florentine casserole is proof.
Ingredients Needed For A Keto Florentine Chicken Bake
The following are the ingredients you’ll need to make this keto casserole. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts: You’ll need about 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts, which you’ll cut in half crosswise to get four pieces.
- Fresh Baby Spinach: This will form the base layer of the casserole. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, adding fresh flavor to the dish.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: You’ll sprinkle this on top of the casserole.
- Baby Bell Mushrooms: You’ll need thinly sliced fresh mushrooms, which you’ll add on top of the spinach layer. Mushrooms are a great source of antioxidants and add a delicious earthy flavor to the dish.
- Olive Oil: You’ll need two tablespoons of olive oil, which you’ll use to grease the baking dish.
- Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder: You’ll use these spices to season the chicken breasts before adding them to the casserole. They enhance the flavor of the dish and help bring out the natural flavors of the other ingredients.
Creamy Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
The creamy Alfredo sauce is what sets this dish apart. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Sour Cream: This adds a tangy flavor to the sauce.
- Full-Fat Mayonnaise: This adds a creamy texture to the sauce.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heavy cream
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
How To Make A Low-Carb Florentine Chicken Casserole
Making this gluten-free chicken Florentine casserole is quick and straightforward.
To prepare this spinach and mushroom chicken casserole, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
In a 9×13 baking dish, lightly grease the bottom with a tablespoon of olive oil. Now, press the fresh spinach into the dish, ensuring an even layer. Drizzle the spinach with the remaining olive oil for added flavor.
Next, place the mushroom slices on top of the spinach. Then, proceed to make the sauce.
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl to prepare the sauce. Once combined, set the sauce aside for later use.
Now, take your chicken breasts and slice them crosswise. Season the chicken with a sprinkle of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Arrange the seasoned chicken breasts on top of the spinach and mushroom layer.
Using a spatula, spread the sauce over the surface of the chicken, ensuring it is evenly coated.
To give the casserole a cheesy finish, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
Place the baking dish in the middle rack of the oven and let it bake for about 25 minutes.
Once the chicken is fully cooked and the casserole has become golden brown, remove it from the oven. Allow it to cool slightly before serving.
If you have any leftovers, store them in the refrigerator for up to two days or freeze them in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
What To Serve With Keto Chicken Florentine Casserole
This creamy chicken Florentine casserole can certainly be enjoyed without any sides since it is a complete meal on its own.
Feed your whole family a low-carb chicken casserole the next time you want to impress them with your keto lifestyle.
The creamy texture, baby spinach, mushrooms, and juicy chicken of this low-carb casserole make for an easy keto recipe that is not only tasty but also has only 4.2 net carbs per serving.
However, if you want to round out your meal further, here are a few simple sides to consider:
Here are some sides to consider:
- Keto herb cauliflower rice
- Keto creamy cauliflower mash
- Keto green beans Almondine
- Keto asparagus salad
History Of Chicken Florentine
Are you wondering about the origins of chicken Florentine? Well, it is a classic Italian dish that originated in the city of Florence, Italy.
The dish is named after the city of Florence, which is known for its rich culinary history.
It is traditionally made with chicken breasts cooked in a creamy spinach and mushroom sauce. The origins of the dish can be traced back to the Renaissance era when Florence was a hub of artistic and cultural activity.
It was popularized in the United States in the 1960s when it was introduced as a menu item in Italian-American restaurants.
Today, Chicken Florentine is a popular dish that is enjoyed by people all over the world.
I sure hope you will make this hearty dish that brings together tender chicken, nutritious spinach, earthy mushrooms, and a burst of flavors.
I can’t tell you how encouraging it is to see how well you are all duplicating our little recipes.
Grab Our Books & APP
In case you don’t know, we have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts, both inspired by your requests over the years.
It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Gain access to simple and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts with our FITTOSERVEGROUP APP.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet, looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision, we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days). We hope it blesses you.
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil, divided
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts (2) cut in half crosswise for a total of 4 pieces
- 8 ounces of fresh spinach
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 8 ounces thinly sliced baby bell mushrooms
Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Press down the 8 ounces of fresh spinach into the prepared baking dish. Drizzle the spinach with the remaining olive oil.
- Next, add the mushroom slices on top of the spinach.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set it aside.
- Slice your chicken breasts crosswise and season the chicken with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add the chicken breasts on top of the spinach and mushroom layer. Then spread the sauce over the surface of the chicken using a spatula.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the middle rack oven for 25 minutes until the chicken breasts are cooked, and the casserole is lightly browned.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 37.1gSaturated Fat: 13gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 890mgCarbohydrates: 8.2gNet Carbohydrates: 6.2gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g