If you are looking for a way to add more Omega-3 into your low carb keto diet, my low chocolate flaxseed flour cake may is a way to sneak more of this essential fatty acid.
Flaxseed meal is one of the ways like to add more Omega-3 into my diet. Omega-3’s is considered to be a healthy fat that’s been shown to have heart-healthy effects.
Flax also has lignans, a plant estrogen high in antioxidants. Another benefit is that it’s high in both soluble and insoluble fiber.
Recent studies suggest that flaxseed might be able to protect us against breast, prostate, and colon cancers. It appears that the plant omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, can inhibit tumor incidence and growth.
Lignans may help protect against cancer by blocking enzymes that are involved in hormone metabolism, by interfering with the growth and spread of tumor cells.
Can you think of a more delicious way to ward of cancer than by having it in a low carb chocolate flaxseed flour cake?
It sounds to me, that we can all benefit from a little more flaxseed in our diet.
What better way than our Low Carb Chocolate Flaxseed Cake? I like using flaxseed meal as a good low carb flour substitute from time to time.
Not only is flaxseed good for us but its an inexpensive low carb flour option.
Consider trying our recipe and make sure to share the love with others.
Low Carb Chocolate Flaxseed Flour Cake
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 cup flaxseed flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 tbsp granulated erythritol (I use swerve)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 6 drops stevia extract
- 1 cup of sugar substitute)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Top off with a sprinkle of powdered erythritol (I use swerve)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a small cake pan or loaf pan In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Whisk in cocoa and instant coffee and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flaxseed flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar substitute and salt. Mix well and make sure to break up any clumps.
- In a mixer, beat eggs with vanilla and stevia until frothy.
- Add butter/cocoa mixture to eggs and beat until well combined.
- Add flaxseed flour mixture and beat on low until incorporated, then add almond milk, water and beat in thoroughly.
- Add remaining flaxseed flour mixture and beat on low.
- Stir in the one tablespoon of coconut oil.
Favorite Keto Hack
Are you finding it a challenge to get into ketosis or to maintain your ketone levels elevated on your low carb keto diet? Can I introduce you to Keto//OS? The first therapeutic ketone supplement that now allows you to drink ketones and be in ketosis in under an hour. Watch this 4 minute explainer video reach out to us with your questions.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.