Take your Mexican food options and Taco Tuesday dinners to new heights with our keto steak fajita casserole!
Our one-skillet recipe can be made in a cast iron skillet or other oven-proof skillet rather than a casserole dish for easy cleanup.
It’s the perfect meal to make when you find yourself dealing with busy weeknights or a quick weekend meal.
This keto casserole has a similar flavor profile to our keto steak fajitas recipe, except it uses cauliflower rice as the base of the casserole.
Be sure to also check out our collection of keto casseroles for more delicious options.
Keto Steak Fajita Casserole
This recipe combines thinly sliced beef round steaks, olive oil, garlic, onion, bell pepper, diced tomatoes, cauliflower rice, spices, water, sour cream, shredded cheese, and garnishes like cilantro, green onions, and lime.
The recipe is easy to follow and can be customized to suit your tastes – simply adjust the spices or vegetables to your liking.
Enjoy a tasty and satisfying healthy dish that will please even the pickiest eaters!
Made with basic ingredients, you can easily find in a grocery store and clocking in at 6.5 g net carbs, it’s the best low-carb option for the whole family to get a taste of Mexican cuisine, and it’s great to add to your meal prep rotation.
Whether you’re following a ketogenic diet or simply looking for a new dinner idea, this keto-friendly steak fajita casserole is a must-try.
You can certainly pair this recipe with a batch of our low-carb tortillas, but they’re not necessary for this recipe since it’s a complete meal on its own.
And instead of the listed seasonings, you can use 1 1/2 tablespoons of our homemade fajita seasoning to flavor it.
Ingredients Needed to Make Keto Steak Fajita Casserole
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Below are the ingredients necessary to make our low-carb steak fajita casserole. The full nutrition facts as well as the printable recipe card, are at the bottom of the page.
- Beef round steak, sliced thinly
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Yellow onion, diced
- Green bell pepper or red pepper diced
- Can of diced tomatoes (14 oz)
- Frozen cauliflower rice (cooked)
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chipotle powder
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Chopped green onions (for garnish)
- Lime (for garnish)
How to Make Keto Steak Fajita Casserole
To make this keto-friendly casserole, start by cooking the frozen cauliflower rice according to the package instructions and setting it aside.
Then, in a large bowl, season the sliced steak with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and chipotle powder, and set it aside.
In a cast-iron skillet or another large oven-proof skillet, on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and cook the garlic, onions, and bell peppers until they begin to soften and become translucent. Then stir in canned tomatoes and the water.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Add the seasoned steak to the vegetable mixture, and cook it for about 3 minutes.
Then, add the cauliflower rice and combine well.
Next, top with the shredded cheese and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly.
Garnish the casserole with sour cream, green onions, and chopped cilantro.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
More Keto Steak Recipes
- Keto garlic butter steak bites
- Keto steak salad with blue cheese dressing
- Keto Cuban Bistec (steak) de Palomilla
- Keto steak fajitas
I sure hope you will give this keto-friendly steak fajita recipe a try. Once you do, make sure you remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook. Doing so is what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes.
Consider visiting also visiting our Amazon Store for recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Grab Our Books!
It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting, we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision, we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days). We hope it blesses you.
Fittoservegroup Keto App
Looking for a fast way to access our keto recipes? We got you covered. There’s an app for that. Yup, there’s a Fit To Serve Group App, and it’s going to make your keto diet a delicious breeze!
Access hundreds of recipes that are all sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
Enjoy early access to recipes before they go live on the website. Plus, bonus recipes that are exclusive to the app. Make your own personal cookbooks that you can use to organize your favorite recipes.
Search recipes by title, ingredients, keywords, and categories, and of course, every recipe shows complete nutritional facts.
Get the Fit to Serve Group App for easy-to-follow keto recipes made with easy-to-source ingredients.
The app is loaded with hundreds of yummy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts!
Learn more by visiting our Fit To Serve Group App Page
- 1 pound of beef round, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper or red pepper, diced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces of frozen cauliflower rice cooked
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend)
- Chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Chopped green onions (for garnish)
- Lime (for garnish)
- Cook the frozen cauliflower rice according to the package instructions and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, season the sliced steak with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and chipotle powder, and set it aside.
- In a cast-iron skillet or another large oven-proof skillet, on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and cook the garlic, onions, and bell peppers until they begin to soften and become translucent. Then stir in canned tomatoes and the water.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To the vegetable mixture, add the seasoned steak and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then, add the cauliflower rice and combine well.
- Next, top with the shredded cheese and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly. You can also broil on high for the last 5 minutes of cooking time for added color.
- Garnish with sour cream, green onions, and chopped cilantro.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 21.7gSaturated Fat: 11.9gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 9.3gNet Carbohydrates: 6.5gFiber: 2.8gSugar: 4.2gProtein: 45.8g