Looking for a way to enjoy a classic dessert on your keto diet? Well, then this keto-friendly tiramisu cake is a must-try. No need to feel deprived while on a keto diet with a delicious recipe like this.
Like most recipes I convert to be low carb keto-friendly, they start with a craving. This keto tiramisu cake was no exception. In fact, I had been desiring a tiramisu dessert for a while now. Not willing to succumb to temptation, a healthy option needed to be birthed.
Tiramisu is by far one of Italy’s finest desserts. It has layers of espresso-soaked biscuits that are sandwiched with a layer of creamy mascarpone filling and then topped with a generous dusting of cocoa powder.
Is it any wonder that this dessert was a favorite of mine prior to going keto? I knew it would only be a matter of time before I would create a keto tiramisu recipe.
Leave it to the amazing keto community to come up with several low carb tiramisu recipes. I am quite certain that I would have thoroughly enjoyed any number of them.
However, this girl had to try her hand at converting this Italian favorite too and come up with a tiramisu keto cake for you all to enjoy. I can’t wait for you to try my rendition of this recipe.
You should know that I have a complete list of Keto Cakes that as a fan of cakes I encourage you to also visit. Make sure you remember to also check out our Keto Cream Cheese Recipes for other delicious recipes that feature cream cheese.
I wanted to end the year with a dessert that was a little more festive than my normal offerings. Usually, my keto recipes are quite simple, and trust me this will continue to be the case.
With that being said, my keto tiramisu will require a few more steps, but I assure you that it will be worth the little extra effort. This low carb version has all the elements of making tiramisu, with a few of my hacks to keep things easier.
Trying to keep things simple I decided not to make low carb ladyfingers. Although a true classic tiramisu dessert starts with either a very dry sponge cake or ladyfingers, this would require more work.
Keto Tiramisu Cake
I thought of using my Low Carb Cream Cheese Pound Cake to take the place of the ladyfingers. In order to create the classic looking shape of tiramisu, I baked my low carb cream cheese pound cake in a flat jelly roll pan and then sliced the cake to look like ladyfingers.
This proved to be the perfect solution. By using my trusty keto pound cake recipe as the base I was able to save lots of time and effort.
If you still haven’t tried my cream cheese pound cake, now is a good a time as any. It’s one that has inspired many treats on this site.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
In keeping with my philosophy that cooking low carb keto should not require hard to come by ingredients, I substituted the mascarpone cheese for cream cheese and sour cream combo.
Not only did I spare you the hassle of looking for mascarpone cheese, but it’s more economical.
At least in Miami, I tried in three different supermarkets searching for mascarpone cheese to no avail. If locating mascarpone is not nearly as challenging for you, feel free to use it instead. Just omit the cream cheese and sour cream combo.
Eating a low carb keto plan should be deliciously easy in my book. This is why I am hoping my keto-friendly tiramisu cake will convince you that you are on the right path.
Keto Community Strong
I must say that it’s easy to be inspired by the many lovely recipes the keto community comes up with. In my opinion, it’s the ingenuity and deep desire to support one another that is the glue to this growing community of sugar rebels.
Today, when I share that I am on a low carb keto diet, I don’t get as many puzzled looks as I once did. I find that more and more people are becoming aware of the benefits of a ketogenic diet.
Can I tell you that wasn’t the case for us in the beginning? It was a rare thing to find solid information on what has become a sustainable lifestyle for us.
Truth is we had a lot of people try to discourage Randy and me from doing a low carb keto diet. It wasn’t uncommon for us to hear a list of reasons why we should not embrace this lifestyle.
We were warned that this path would lead to major health issues and that we needed to proceed with extreme caution.
Well, let’s just say that I am glad we didn’t listen to the nay-sayers. Don’t get me wrong, I am sure their intentions were good. They just didn’t have all the facts to base a well-formulated decision on whether a keto diet had any merits.
Because we didn’t listen to the negativity, today Randy and I are thriving on this low carb keto way of eating. We traded our high carb ways for greater health and we have no intention of ever turning back.
Our Keto Transformation
It was at the end of 2013 that the Lord whispered in my ear that the key to our health transformation would come when we would leave the sugar and grains in our diets behind.
You can read more about how transformative our decision to obey God was on our about page. Listening to the Holy Spirit’s prompting has resulted not only in our health transformation but today we have the honor of inspiring others to follow our lead.
I must admit that I love being part of this growing army of sugar rebels. Creating low carb keto options for this community has made me even more passionate about helping others.
It is so rewarding to hear how our work is making it possible for people to step away from the junk that once had them enslaved.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. I love how supportive and encouraging this group of believers is. It’s exciting to see how people are transforming their lives by combining this lifestyle with the Christian faith.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Note that once you click the link you will be prompted to answer a few questions that ensure that you understand what this group stands for.
Keto Trend On The Rise
Thankfully, more people are becoming aware of the benefits of eating a low carb keto diet. It seems that this trend is bound to keep growing. I truly believe that it all stems from the amazing testimonies of health that are coming forth from the low carb keto community.
Of course, it also doesn’t hurt that the keto community comes up with recipes like my keto tiramisu to make things easier.
When we first embarked on this journey it used to be a rare thing to hear a doctor recommend a high-fat low carb diet. However, the health community has had no choice but to sit up and take notice.
Like us, many are finding greater health by adopting this way of eating.
You just can’t ignore the major transformations that people are having. All you need to do is google keto transformations and the flood of stories is readily available to encourage you.
Being in ketosis is so much more than the ability to lose fat easily. Our prayer is that our journey will continue to inspire others to dive deeper into the growing evidence behind this lifestyle.
Ketogenic Lifestyle Tool
Of course, arming yourself with keto recipes like the keto-friendly tiramisu certainly key in doing this diet long enough to see the many benefits. But even with the best low carb ketogenic recipes sometimes additional help is needed.
With this in mind, we also encourage you to have the right supplements to help you get and stay in ketosis. Because when you have the right tools the keto diet becomes easier.
Perhaps you’ve struggled to get into ketosis consistently on your low carb keto diet, or you’ve hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge, consider using Perfect KETO’s bundle to assist you. It’s a great way to see the benefits sooner rather than later.
You’ll learn how to elevate your ketones naturally enter into ketosis more quickly. Being at a deeper level of ketosis will help reduce your appetite, carb cravings, and give you lasting energy. These are the things you want to see happen as they make this diet sustainable and it’s why we recommend them.
Perfect Keto has offered our readers a 15% discount on their products. Simply use this link for all qualifying products and the code FITTOSERVE at checkout.
- 2 ½ cups finely milled almond flour measured and sifted
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar-substitute, Lakanto Monk fruit
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 8 eggs , room temperature
- 7 oz full-fat cream cheese , room temperature
- 8 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 8 egg yolks , room temperature
- 3/4 cup of sugar substitute I use Lakanto Monk fruit
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 9 ounces of mascarpone cheese or a combination of 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of espresso coffee or strong coffee
- 4 tablespoons of dark rum or 1 teaspoon of rum extract
Cocoa topping & bottom layer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large stand-up mixer bowl beat on high the butter with the sugar substitute until light and fluffy and well incorporated.
- Next add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Lastly, add all the dry ingredients ( almond flour, sea salt, baking powder)until well combined.
- Spread the batter to a 12x17 by one inch jelly roll pan that has been lined in parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool fully and then slice into 1X3 inch slices to mimic the ladyfingers.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the egg yolks, sugar substitute, salt until thick and turns lemon colored.
- Place the small bowl with the egg mixture in a double boiler over water that is gently boiling.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook the egg mixture for 9-10 minutes making sure to mix constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the mascarpone cheese or the cream cheese sour cream mixture to the egg mixture
- In a medium size bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the whipped cream.
- Set aside.
- *This makes two 9x5 inch loaf pans of tiramisu
- Divide the sliced cake in half in order to make the two tiramisu. This is about 15 pieces per loaf
- Combine the espresso and rum and set aside
- Sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter to bottom of both 9 X5 inch loaf pans
- Place a layer of the cake into each loaf pan.
- Coat the first layer of cake with the coffee and rum mixture using a pastry brush.
- Spread 1/4 of the custard over the layer of cake
- Repeat the layers of cake and custard ending with the custard.
- Top with a generous coating of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
This recipe uses double the one our keto cream cheese pound cake baked in a large jelly loaf pan to create the lady fingers. The recipe makes two 9X5 tiramisu
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 435Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 329mgSodium: 6.5mgCarbohydrates: 6.5gNet Carbohydrates: 5.5gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 14.5g