This keto sour cream bread makes a great moist keto-friendly quick bread. It’s a simple recipe that is sure to become a staple for anyone looking for sour cream-based low-carb bread.
What’s great about this recipe is that it uses basic ingredients found in most keto baking pantries. This makes this sour cream keto bread not only delicious but super easy to make.
The addition of sour cream gives the bread the perfect texture and a slight tang that is reminiscent of sourdough bread. Enjoy an easy keto bread that is sure to fool your tastebuds.
As a fan of sour cream in baked goods, I wanted to test the idea of using it in a low-carb bread hoping it would give the similar texture results I found when making my recipe for keto sour cream pound cake.
Thankfully, my experiment proved to be right and now I can proudly share this basic yet yummy recipe for you to also enjoy!
Keto Sour Cream Bread
Made with almond flour this is a gluten-free sour cream bread recipe that also just happens to be keto-friendly.
It’s a quick bread recipe that toasts beautifully allowing you to spread your favorite sugar-free toppings or butter.
Enjoy as a quick breakfast, snack, or as an accompaniment to help round out a keto meal. The addition of sour cream gives the bread a very light tangy flavor that pairs well with EVERYTHING as far as I am concerned.
Quick keto bread recipes that mimic their high-carb counterpart without kicking you out of ketosis like this one is what will help make the ketogenic diet a delicious breeze.
How to Make Keto-Friendly Sour Cream Bread
I love how straightforward this recipe is. With a basic almond flour and sour cream bread recipe like this, you’ll have no need to be craving bread while doing a keto diet.
You can bake this in a loaf pan for slices or even in a muffin tin for individual rolls.
I opted to add one tablespoon of sugar substitute to the batter. This however is totally optional.
But keep in mind, that traditional white bread has a little bit of sweetness and I wanted to mimic the flavor perfectly. I used a granulated monk fruit sugar substitute for this but you can use whichever you prefer.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The following are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this keto-friendly sour cream-based bread. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Sour Cream Keto Bread
- Finely milled almond flour, measured and sifted
- Granulated sugar substitute a tiny amount that you can leave out if you prefer
- Eggs, room temperature
- Full fat sour cream
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
What Does Sour Cream Do In Baking?
In traditional baking sour cream makes baked goods moister, this is no different than when keto baking. The creamy texture of sour cream when making a quick bread that uses keto-friendly flours also helps the bread to be a little fluffier.
Baking with sour cream moistens the crumb of this bread and adds the perfect amount of tanginess. It’s a trick I learned years ago when I would bake traditionally and have now employed in my low-carb baking.
That being said, you could substitute the sour cream in this keto bread recipe for Greek full-fat yogurt if that is your preference.
I sure hope you give this sour cream gluten-free bread recipe a try. Once you do make sure you remember to tag us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. It’s what keeps us encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting our recipes.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for our recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our email list so that we can stay connected.
Grab Our Books & Recipe APP
In case you don’t know we have authored two books for you, Essential Keto Bread and Essential Keto Desserts both inspired by your requests over the years. It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Gain access to simple and delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts with our FITTOSERVEGROUP APP.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days) We hope it blesses you.
- 1 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour, measured and sifted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar substitute (optional)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons of full fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure and sift your almond flour.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, sugar substitute, salt. Set aside.
- Grease well with butter an 8-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper leaving an overhang to lift out of the pan easily.
- In a large-sized bowl using an electric beater mix the softened butter, sour cream, light fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs one at a time be sure to combine well after each addition. But do not overmix.
- To the wet ingredients slowly add all the dry ingredients one tablespoon at a time while continuing to use the mixer at a low setting.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread in the center rack for 30-40 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the low-carb sour cream bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting to a baking rack to cool completely for another 20 minutes or so.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
For a taller bread bake the loaf in a 7-inch loaf pan.
If making bread muffins bake in a 12 capacity muffin tin for 20-25 minutes. This makes 12 sour cream muffins.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 9.2gSaturated Fat: 5.8gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 2.9gNet Carbohydrates: 1.1gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 0.1gProtein: 5.8g