Are you missing the old fashion goodness of black and white cookies on your low carb keto diet? I know I was. Which is why I decided to give this beloved cookie recipe a makeover. My keto black and white cookies will allow you to enjoy the taste of this classic cookie without the worry of bad carbs.
These keto black and white cookies give you two cookies in one. One side is vanilla and the other is chocolate. Since this low carb black and white cookies are keto-friendly they make the perfect little treat.
In case you don’t know I have a complete list of Keto Cookies with several different kinds of cookies that any sweets lover doing keto would enjoy exploring.
I especially like how festive these keto black and white cookies are. There is just something about a black and white cookie that make this girl smile.
For years some version of this cookie was shared with family and friends. My brother Paul used to make the best traditional black and white cookies.
If I recall correctly, it was his love for this particular cookie that forced him to learn how to bake.
I realize I may be a bit bias, but not only were his cookies delicious, but they were also magazine cover-worthy. However, even his gorgeous cookies needed a healthy update. My kitchen experiment is what birthed these low carb keto black and white cookies.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase
A Healthy Option Needed To Be Birthed
I can still remember the first time my brother shared a batch of his black and white cookies with me. I was completely floored. Once I picked myself up off the ground, I quickly seized his All Butter Fresh Cream Sugar Packed Baking Book then proceeded to never return it to him. Ha! That makes up for all the times he would steal my leftovers growing up.
Because I loved the recipes in this book and referred to it often, it eventually fell apart. These days that book is buried under a pile of the other similar ones.
But I must admit that it was a fantastic book.
Stay Keto Easily
This easy low carb black and white cookie recipe will make it a breeze to say no sugar and grains.
They have a delicious almost shortbread-like texture and have the perfect amount of sweetness. My keto black and white cookies will have you forgetting about the sugar-laden versions after your first bite.
It’s hard to believe how far I’ve come on this keto lifestyle because I refuse to eat a cookie that is loaded with sugar and empty carbs and haven’t for years.
Once you’ve tasted health, well no amount of enticing can cause you to go backward. Consequently, it’s been fairly easy for me to stay the course. Of course, a recipe like these low carb keto black and white cookies can’t hurt either.
Staying The Keto Course
Certainly, I understand that not everyone can be as committed as I am, but if you understood my journey you would see why I choose to eat this way consistently. I lived with chronic, bedridden pain for over a decade. At my worst, the pain had me on a morphine patch for almost a year, with little to no relief.
What was the cause of all this anguish? I was stricken with the Guillan Barre Syndrome, CIDP, fibromyalgia, and chronic sciatica. Chronic pain had become part of my world.
It was not easy living this way, which is why there is no turning back for this girl. While not everyone will understand my lifestyle of choice, perhaps my background sheds some light as to why I am so passionate about sharing the ketone conversation and my healthy recipes. You can read more about my journey here.
Jesus And Ketones
It was a combination of prayer, standing on God’s word and eating a low carb keto diet that started me on my journey to wellness. Being whole in spirit, mind, and body is something I strive to do every day and although not always perfect, I am on the right path.
Now that I have set forth the context properly, allow me to share my low carb keto black and white cookies. I promise that you will not be disappointed. You won’t need to cave in to temptation with these.
This recipe has a few more steps than my usual offerings, but it’s so worth the effort. Note that this recipe can be doubled easily.
Perfect Keto Hack
The holidays can be loaded with all sorts of food temptations. This is why using a tool to help you stay on course can be very beneficial.
Perhaps, you’ve struggled to get into ketosis consistently on your low carb keto diet, or you’ve hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge, consider using Perfect KETO exogenous ketones.
By using exogenous ketones you will naturally elevate your ketones allowing you to enter into ketosis more quickly.
Being at a deeper level of ketosis will help reduce your appetite, carb cravings, and give you lasting energy. It’s been our experience that the use of exogenous ketones helps make the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option.
Honestly, it’s like having willpower in a cup. Learn more about the science behind both exogenous and endogenous ketones and have your questions answered from a doctor’s perspective.
- 1 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups of sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 3 ounces of baking melted chocolate
Keto Chocolate Icing (optional)
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Line an empty container of aluminum foil with wax paper that over hangs on the long side. The idea is to use this container to press both the chocolate and vanilla dough into the this form to shape your cookies.
- Melt the 3 ounces of baking chocolate and allow to cool.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium cream the butter, sugar substitute, eggs, vanilla until light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Being sure to scrape the bowl twice.
- Next add the dry ingredients and blend on medium until fully incorporated.
- Take 1 cup of the batter and add the ¼ cup of unsweetened dark cocoa powder, and melted 3 ounces of baking chocolate. Mix well until fully combined. This will be the “black” portion of your cookies.
- Press the chocolate dough evenly into the empty foil container that is lined with wax paper. Smooth the surface of the cookies as much as possible.
- Next press the vanilla dough over the chocolate dough as evenly as possible.
- Top with a piece of wax paper and refrigerate the dough overnight.
- The next day preheat your oven to 350 and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease your baking sheet.
- Lift the chilled dough out of the container. Remove the waxed paper and cut the dough into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the vanilla portion of your cookies are lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool for at least 1/2 hour.
- Optionally dip the chocolate portion of your cookies into the chocolate icing. Placed iced cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet to allow to set.
Keto chocolate icing (optional)
- Melt 1/2 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips and stir in the coconut oil.
- Dip your cooked and cooled cookies into the chocolate icing and place them on a parchemnt lined cookie sheet to set.
Use CODE: FITTOSERVE when placing any orders for Lakanto sugar substitute and receive a 20% off discount.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8.2gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 5.3gFiber: 2.7gSugar: .8gProtein: 5.6g