This keto crack chicken is rich, creamy, and super simple to make. It’s a silencer of cravings. Delicious comfort food for the keto soul.
I’m sharing three ways to cook this low-carb crack chicken recipe. Make it in a crockpot, oven, or even an instant pot that the whole family will love, even if they are not on a low-carb diet.
Crack chicken became an instant hit with the keto community. All that was needed to make this a keto-friendly recipe was to swap out store-bought ranch seasoning that is loaded with sugar for a quick homemade option.
Be sure to check out our keto chicken recipes, if you’re a huge fan of easy chicken recipes!
Keto Crack Chicken Made Four Ways
Besides this being a super delicious keto chicken recipe, it’s extremely easy to make. I mean, who doesn’t love easy recipes?
In fact, it’s so simple that I decided to give you instructions on how to cook this recipe in four ways.
So now you have zero excuses for not making this recipe and including it in your meal prep. You’re welcome.
What Is Crack Chicken?
Wondering what all the rage is about? And what is “crack chicken” anyway?
I’m here to point the way. You see, crack chicken is simply shredded chicken that has been cooked with cream cheese, shredded cheese, and ranch dressing spices.
Besides being a super easy meal, it has a reputation for being addictive. In the case of this recipe, since it’s low in carbs and keto-friendly, you can say it’s a much healthier option.
One taste of this keto chicken recipe, and you’ll totally understand why it’s become so popular.
Is Crack Chicken Keto?
I love it when recipes are naturally low in carbs. That’s certainly the case with crack chicken.
The recipe calls for ingredients commonly used on keto, like chicken cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon.
It’s low in net carbs, which gives it an automatic pass on your macro calculator. Winning!
With only 2 net carbs per serving, it’s a keto chicken recipe that you certainly should include in your meal planning.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make A Keto-Friendly Crack Chicken Recipe
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
I recommend you use the dry spices included to make your own homemade ranch seasoning rather than a ranch packet; this is because of the hidden sugar in so many brands.
However, I did find that Watkins Organic Ranch Seasoning Mix does not have any sugar in the ingredients.
- Chicken breast
- Dried dill
- Dried chives
- Dried parsley
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Full-fat cream cheese
- Cooked bacon, cut into pieces or bacon bits
- Chopped green onions
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How To Make Crack Keto Chicken
The good news about this recipe is that it can be made in four different ways, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner.
To make things easier for you, I am including all the ways you can make this addictive chicken recipe, so you have zero excuses as to why you should make it.
Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
It doesn’t get easier than making this delicious recipe in a slow cooker.
All you have to do is toss the boneless chicken, the cream cheese that has been cut into cubes, and the ranch spices. Set it on high for four hours or low for six.
Once the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken.
The cream cheese mixture turns into a creamy sauce. Then, stir in the shredded cheese and cooked bacon pieces, and give the chicken a good stir. Finally, you top it with sliced green onions. That’s it!
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
Oven, Crack Chicken
In a baking dish that has two tablespoons of water and two tablespoons of olive oil, add the chicken breasts, spices, and cream cheese. Then, bake the chicken in a preheated 350° oven for about 40 minutes.
Once the chicken is cooked, shred it and add the shredded cheese and crispy bacon. Garnish with green onions. You can even add raw jalapeño slices for a spicy option.
Instant-Pot Crack Chicken
Add the chicken breasts, spices, and cream cheese to the pressure cooker, and cook for about 10 minutes.
Once the chicken is done, shred it and add the shredded cheese and bacon pieces. Garnish with green onions.
Rotisserie Crack Chicken Option
You can even skip the cooking process completely by using the two breasts of rotisserie chicken instead. In that case, you’ll simply be heating up the chicken and stirring in the ingredients.
If you go this route, you’ll need to eliminate the salt and pepper from your seasonings since rotisserie chicken is usually seasoned.
How To Quickly Shred Your Chicken
I have several ways you can shred your chicken easily. The following are my tips.
- Two-Forks– Once the allotted cooking time has passed, you’ll shred the chicken by taking it out of the crockpot, oven dish, or Insta pot and using the two-fork method, where you hold one end of the chicken while you pull the other fork across the flesh of the chicken until it shreds.
- Food Processor: If you have a large food processor, this method works like a charm. Simply add the chicken and process until it shreds.
- Stand-up Mixer/Hand Mixer– You can also shred the chicken in a stand-up mixer with a paddle attachment or a handheld one. This happens to be my favorite since it’s so quick.
I sure hope you will give this keto crack chicken recipe a try. Once you do, make sure you remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook. Doing so is what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes.
Consider also visiting our Amazon Store for recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Grab Our Books!
It’s my prayer that these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet, looking at it from a Christian perspective.
As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation.
When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting, we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision, we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives.
We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 days). We hope it blesses you.
- 1.75 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( about 2)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of dried dill
- 1 teaspoon of dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 ounces of full-fat cream cheese
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, cut into pieces or baking bits
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the boneless chicken breasts into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the seasonings on the top of the chicken. Add the cream cheese that has been cut into cubes on top of the chicken. (Note instructions are given below for cooking in the oven, and instant pot).
- Cover the crockpot with its lid and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Once the allotted time has passed, take the chicken out of the pot and shred it. You can use two forks, a food processor, a handheld mixer, or a stand-up mixer to shed easily.
- Place the shredded chicken back into the pot and stir in the shredded cheese, and bacon. Garnish with additional shredded cheese and green onions.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Other Ways To Cook Crack Chicken
Oven, Crack Chicken
In a baking dish that has two tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil add the chicken breasts, spices, and cream cheese, Then bake the chicken in a preheated 350° oven for about 40 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked shred the chicken and add the shredded cheese and cooked bacon pieces, Garnish with green onions.
Instant-Pot Crack Chicken
Add the chicken breasts, spices, and cream cheese into the pressure cooker and cook for about 10 minutes. Once the chicken is done, shred it and add the shredded cheese and bacon pieces. Garnish with green onions.
Rotisserie Chicken Option
You can even skip the cooking process completely by using the two breasts of rotisserie chicken instead. In that case, you'll simply be heating up the chicken and stir in the ingredients. If you go this route, you'll need to eliminate the salt and pepper from your seasonings since a rotisserie chicken is usually seasoned.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 21.9gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 2.3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 37g