This keto Tuscan chicken recipe quickly became a family favorite. It’s bursting with flavor and surprisingly easy to make.
The creamy, flavorful sauce is the star of the show, and it pairs perfectly with the tender seasoned chicken breasts.
The sauce is made with chicken stock, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and various Italian spices and is heavenly on boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Sun-dried tomatoes and fresh spinach add a pop of color and extra flavor and nutrition to the dish. Serve it over cauliflower rice for a complete meal.
Be sure to check out our entire collection of keto chicken recipes for more tasty recipes.
Keto Tuscan Chicken
This low-carb Tuscan chicken is a recipe you’ll want to add to your keto meal planner.
It’s a delicious recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for an easy weeknight dinner and fancy enough to serve at your next gathering.
Make a keto chicken recipe that your whole family will embrace, which fits into your keto diet macros.
The pan-seared chicken breasts can even be swapped for boneless chicken thighs giving your family personal preference.
Ingredients Needed To Make Keto Tuscan Chicken
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The following are the ingredients you’ll need to make this keto Tuscan chicken. Note that the full printable recipe card is at the bottom of the page, as is the nutritional information.
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally.
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh garlic cloves, minced
- Chicken broth, low sodium
- Heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Tomato paste
- Fresh baby spinach
- Fresh basil leaves (garnish)
How To Make Keto Tuscan Chicken
To make this creamy Tuscan garlic chicken, begin by slicing the chicken breast in half horizontally and then season it with salt and pepper.
Next, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and melt the butter on medium heat. I used a cast-iron skillet because it is a great conductor of heat, but any similar pan would work.
Brown the chicken breasts in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
In the same pan you cooked the chicken, sauté the garlic for about a minute. Then add the chicken stock and tomato paste and deglaze the pan scraping any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
Then you’ll lower the heat to medium-low and add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese to the skillet. Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes, then season with Italian spices, chili flakes, thyme, and oregano.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the spinach leaves, then put the chicken back in the sauce and let the sauce simmer and thicken for a few minutes and allow the spinach to wilt.
Garnish the chicken with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve over cauliflower rice.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 3 weeks.
I sure hope you will give this low carb Tuscan chicken recipe a try the next time you find yourself craving Olive Garden since this recipe silences cravings.
Whether you are looking for an option that’s perfect for busy weeknights or want a dish that will impress your guests, this is the one to make.
Doing so is what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes.
Consider visiting also visiting our Amazon Store for recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Grab Our Books!
It’s my prayer these keto cookbooks will help make keto a delicious breeze for you.
Join Our Jesus And Keto Movement
Looking for an online support system to help you stay the course on keto? As a family, we came to the keto diet looking at it from a Christian perspective. As believers, we live our lives supported by God’s grace.
So when the Holy Spirit led us to combine our Christian faith and the keto diet, we did so in hopes of finding lasting transformation. When we followed the Holy Spirit’s prompting, we got on the path to real transformation.
Knowing firsthand the benefits of this decision, we have created a closed Christian group that is using the keto diet to transform their lives. We invite you to join our Private Facebook Group and see if it’s not the key you have been missing.
Be sure to request our FREE Jesus and Keto E-Book (First 7 Days). We hope it blesses you.
Fittoservegroup Keto App
Looking for a fast way to access our keto recipes? We got you covered. There’s an app for that. Yup, there’s a Fit To Serve Group App, and it’s going to make your keto diet a delicious breeze!
Access hundreds of recipes that are all sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
Enjoy early access to recipes before they go live on the website. Plus, bonus recipes that are exclusive to the app. Make your own personal cookbooks that you can use to organize your favorite recipes.
Search recipes by title, ingredients, keywords, and categories, and of course, every recipe shows complete nutritional facts.
Get the Fit to Serve Group App for easy-to-follow keto recipes made with easy-to-source ingredients.
The app is loaded with hundreds of yummy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even desserts!
Learn more by visiting our Fit To Serve Group App Page.
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, sliced in half horizontally
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon of Italian spices
- 1 /4 teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves (garnish)
- Slice the chicken breast in half horizontally and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and melt the butter on medium heat.
- Brown the chicken in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the chicken onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic for a minute. Add the chicken stock and tomato paste and deglaze the pan scraping any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, and add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese to the skillet. Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes, then season with Italian spices, chili flakes, thyme, and oregano.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, then put the chicken back in the sauce and let the sauce simmer and thicken for a few minutes.
- Next, add the fresh spinach leaves and give it a good stir so that the spinach wilts.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve over cauliflower rice.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 3 weeks.
This is a chicken breast recipe but you could also swap the boneless chicken breasts for boneless chicken thighs. You will simply just need to flatten the thighs with a meat mallet prior to cooking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 660mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 6.3gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 2.8gProtein: 54g