Let me introduce to you, Rosalinda Gutierrez. Her health transformation is inspiring and her mouth-watering recipes will make a cookout of anyone. Today, she is sharing her low carb Mexican Pollo a vapor recipe for us to enjoy.
Guest Post: I am from a town in Jalisco in the country of Mexico. A great state in Mexico that is known as the Pearl of pride, or La Perla Tapatia, a nickname that comes heavy with the responsibility of our ancestors’ traditions.
This is where Tequila, Mariachis, Jaripeos, and some of Mexico’s most typical foods were birthed.
It’s hard to believe that only six months ago I was facing an uncertain future. I was laid up in a hospital bed due to a stroke that caused me a paralysis.
This was a very challenging time for me and my family. What brought me to this place? A lifetime of food addictions and a myriad of other health issues.
Yet it was while I was in the hospital that I was first introduced to a low carb, ketogenic diet.
I was blessed to have a doctor suggest this way of eating and they even started me in the hospital with this plan.
Unfortunately, at the time my heart was just thinking about how I would have to put to rest my beloved Mexican food.
No more, tortillas, Mexican rice, chips, frijoles (beans) and pan dulce (sweetened bread) How was I ever going to live without my Mexican food?
I knew I had to make a drastic change and with nothing to lose and everything to fight for, I made the leap and jumped all in into the LCHF lifestyle.
That decision was an answer to prayer. Today, I’m recovering at 85% mobility and I have lost close to 40 pounds. I am healthier than ever before with new-found energy I never had due to Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue.
What I soon discovered was that I could stay true to my Mexican roots and cook LCHF without sacrificing the authentic Mexican flavors I grew up with.
I began to adapt my favorite recipes and before long I found myself sharing them with family and friends while sharing my new lifestyle.
The following recipe is a staple in my home. I hope my story inspires you to make the necessary changes for greater health.
A Keto Tip That Can Assist
Have you struggled to get into ketosis consistently on your low carb keto diet, or you have hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge? Consider using exogenous ketones. Using exogenous ketones will naturally elevate your ketones allowing you to enter into ketosis in under an hour.
You will reap the benefits of being in ketosis quickly making it much easier to see the results you are hoping for. Exogenous ketones can help reduce your appetite, carb cravings making it easier to say no to food temptations.
Entering into ketosis by drinking exogenous ketones makes the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option.
We are seeing how this all-natural supplement is helping so many of our Fittoserve Group Community achieve their goals.
- 6 pieces of chicken (dark or white pieces)
- ½ large onion sliced
- 1 large tomato chopped into big pieces
- 1 small bell pepper sliced
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Pappy’s Seasoning or any Season Salt of your choice
- 1 or 2 Chipotle Chiles & Adobo Sauce (These come in a can)
- Cut all the vegetables in thick slices.
- In a deep pot add ½ cup of water and begin to layer the chicken and vegetables making sure you season each layer well, do not worry it will not be salty.
- Seasoning each layer will ensure that it will not be bland.
- On the top layer add the chipotle chilies.
- Cover with a well-fitting lid and cook at low-medium heat for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Resist the temptation to uncover before time. Doing so will cause the liquid to evaporate and this dish is known for is its juices. (pollo a vapor means chicken cooked in its vapor)
- After 45 minutes check on your chicken.
- You know it is done, when your top layer chicken is falling apart tender.
- This recipe can also be cooked easily in a crock pot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 105Total Fat: 5.8gSaturated Fat: 1.6gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 2.6gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 1.6gProtein: 9.6g
You can follow Rosalinda and her growing collection of recipes on Instagram