My recipe for keto lemon curd pie recipe features tangy lemon curd, a cheesecake layer, and a crunchy coconut crust.
Do you know that saying “easy as pie”? Well, I never found that to be the case. But I wanted a low carb lemon curd pie that was not only delicious but truly easy to make.
I’m happy to share with you that this easy recipe for keto lemon curd pie may just make that classic saying finally a reality. Because it’s not only a tasty treat, it’s also super easy to create.
After this recipe was well received, I created a Keto Lemon Curd Blueberry Tart that was inspired in part by this recipe. And also check out our Keto Lemon Curd Cheesecake for a more traditional cheesecake recipe.
Keto Lemon Curd Pie
If you’ve never had keto lemon curd you really need to try this recipe. This pie is bursting with flavor and the best part is that it’s low in carbs and keto-friendly.
This keto lemon curd pie combines the flavors of lemon curd, cheesecake and coconut for one delicious treat.
The combination of all three flavors makes it a game changer in my book. You see you get the tartness of lemon curd with the smoothness of cheesecake.
The first time I made a keto lemon curd, I knew it would be the base for a pie. Although enjoying the lemon curd by spoonfuls. I knew a pie would be even better.
Because I wanted to balance the tartness of the lemon curd it made sense to me to combine it with an easy cheesecake.
Thankfully, I a glad I went with my instincts because the keto lemon curd is further enhanced with the addition of cheesecake.
But if that wasn’t enough I added to the texture of this keto lemon curd pie by adding a toasted coconut crust.
Low Carb Lemon Curd
Maybe it’s just me, but something about this pie puts me in a great mood. I think it has to do at least in part with the bright yellow color of the low carb lemon curd.
A slice of this pie is like a little ray of sunshine.
Easy Keto Pie
What happens when your thoughts are consumed by pie? I guess you roll up your sleeves and make more low carb keto pies. Pies have been on my mind a lot lately, not sure why exactly.
But this sudden craving for pies would explain why I’m posting this keto lemon curd pie after recently sharing my keto fudge pie.
Well, I hope you have room for more of the same because I may still have a few more keto pies up my sleeve. Did you see my Low Carb Keto Berry Cheese Pie? Or how about my Low Carb Pecan Glazed Pumpkin Pie? No? then go grab an apron and see what all the fuss is about. I will have you saying easy as keto pie in no time!
Can you guess who’s not complaining about this pie streak? Yup, Randy. He loves letting people know that when it comes to recipe development, his is the most important job.
I don’t know about that, but what is a fact is that hubby has no problem being in charge of quality control for your sake.
How About You?
Has making pie always been easy for you? What pie have you been missing on your low carb keto lifestyle? Why not stop by and let me know what pie would you love to see converted into a low carb keto friendly option. It would be my joy to make this happen for you.
Do also visit our collection of keto cream cheese recipes if like me you can’t get enough low carb recipes that feature cream cheese.
Also, check out our Amazon Store for recommendations. You might be surprised by how many great keto options are at your disposal.
Easy Keto Tip
Lastly, if you’ve struggled to get into ketosis consistently on your low carb keto diet, or have hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge?
You will reap the benefits of being in ketosis quickly.
Reduce your appetite. Reduce carb cravings
- Experience clean energy that will not give you the jitters.
If you are wanting to do a keto diet effectively, don’t forget to test your ketone levels. Although ketone strips work well initially, the Gold standard is the blood ketone test. This test is taken just like the glucose test that diabetics use to track their sugar levels.
After 10 seconds the ketone meter will give you an accurate reading. Testing is not necessary in order to do a ketogenic diet, but it can serve as a powerful tool to track your ketone levels and help you see your ketosis progress.
Please feel free to reach out to us to assist you in any way. It’s our desire to see you succeed.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Test has made this possible.
- 1 ½ cups of sugar-free coconut flakes
- ¼ of almond flour or 2 tablespoons of coconut flour for nut free version
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup of sugar substitute I used Swerve
- ¾ cup of lemon juice about 3 large lemons
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoons of lemon zest
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces)
- ½ cup sugar substitute
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin I used Great Lakes unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoon of cold water
Keto Lemon Curd
- Over a double boiler melt the butter in a medium sized bowl over low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, whisk in the sugar-substitute, lemon juice and lemon zest. Keep mixing until well combined.
- Next whisk in the eggs yolk one at and cook on low heat until the curd starts to thicken.
- Remove the lemon curd off the stove and strain into a small bowl.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then store in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
Keto Coconut Crust Instructions
- Combine all the ingredients until well mixed.
- Press the coconut mixture into a 9-inch pie crust pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Once the pie crust is cooked and while it is still warm, press the crust with the back of a metal spoon. I find that pressing the crust soon after it’s been cooked allows for a crispier crust.
Keto Cheesecake Filling
- Mix the gelatin with the cold water and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar substitute.
- Fold in the prepared gelatin into the cheesecake batter.
Pie Assembly Instructions
- Once the pie crust is fully cooked and cooled add cheesecake filling.
- Next spread the lemon curd topping to the cheesecake.
- Allow for pie to fully set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before consuming.
- Store pie in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 360 Total Fat: 36.9g Saturated Fat: 22.7g Cholesterol: 263mg Sodium: 217mg Carbohydrates: 3.1g Fiber: 0.7g Sugar: 0.9g Protein: 5.2g