This past Saturday Fittoserve and fit2eat our boutique low carb bakery helped support Heartbeat of Miami Pregnancy Help Medical Clinics by being a sponsor at their annual 5k fundraiser for moms walk/run “Love Never Fails. Fit2Eat setup a booth and we sold our low carb treats with all the proceeds going to this wonderful organization. Our son and husband ran the 5K while I manned the booth.
Since 2007 Heartbeat of Miami Pregnancy Help Medical Clinics have been providing “life saving help in a life changing way” to women and couples with an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy.
Our family has been blessed to support this organization since its inception and we have seen thousands of lives touched by their loving work. At Heartbeat of Miami all of their services are always free and confidential.
Their annual run/walk brought hundreds of people to show their support. It was so incredible to see entire families coming out to participate.
Today, I thought I would share the my Low Carb Dark Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcake recipe that was very popular at our booth.
For more information on how to support this lovely organization visit their website and consider becoming a monthly donor, all donations are tax deductible.
Low Carb Dark Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes
A low carb chocolate cupcake recipe.
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Dutch-processed dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- (2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups of (sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 8oz package of sugar-free chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Line cupcake pan with liners
- Mix the cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a mixer on medium-high speed beat the butter with the sugar substitute and then add the eggs one by one until well combined. Lastly, add the heavy whipping cream till fully mixed.
- Then add the sour cream until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Lastly, add the cocoa flour mix a little at a time to the butter, sugar substitute, egg and sour cream mix.
- The batter will be dense. Add the batter by spoonfulls to the cupcake pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool the cupcake on a wire rack for 45 minutes before adding the frosting.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until you can mix into a smooth batter. Next add the heavy whipping cream. Allow to set for 30 before frosting.