Keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake, the delicious result of combining a low carb streusel coffee cake with pumpkin puree. It’s the perfect keto brunch recipe.
Have I got a treat for you today! It’s a recipe for keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake. It’s the keto coffee cake you will be making all pumpkin season long. Are you looking for the perfect brunch treat to enjoy during the fall? Look no further, because this keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake is sure to be the star of your morning gatherings.
This keto pumpkin spiced coffee cake is moist, tender, rich and easy to make. A true keto coffee cake masterpiece.
Both the keto cake layer and streusel topping are jammed packed with the spices of fall. Making every bite a delectable treat.
Do checkout our Keto Pumpkin Coconut Flour Coffee Cake if you are needing a nut-free version. You can also check out my complete list of Keto Cakes that any cake lover doing keto would enjoy exploring.
Keto Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
This keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake features a hefty amount of streusel topping and a moist melt in your mouth pumpkin spice cake. If there ever was a way to showcase the deliciousness of keto foods, this keto coffee cake would be at the top of the list.
My recipe for keto pumpkin coffee cake was inspired by my favorite keto sour cream streusel coffee cake. A little tweaking of that recipe, allowed me to create what is sure to become a pumpkin season favorite.
Keto Pumpkin Coffee Cake For Brunch
Brunch has always been my favorite meal for a get-together. Something about guests showing up after they’ve had a restful night’s sleep to a gathering seems to set the tone beautifully.
And you know what else will make everyone smile? This recipe for keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake. Even your non-keto guests will gobble this coffee cake right up. Yup, that’s how confident I am that you too will fall in love with it.
When I tested this recipe on my family during an impromptu Saturday brunch, this pumpkin spiced coffee cake became the highlight of the day.
As good as the steak and eggs were, they didn’t hold a candle to the keto pumpkin coffee cake.
When I get an overwhelming response like this from my family, I know it’s a winning recipe and an answer to prayer.
Because this girl always prays for the download before attempting to create a recipe. I’ve said it numerous times and I will continue to say it, the Lord gets all the glory for these keto creations.
Holiday Keto Brunch Coffee Cake
Can you imagine greeting your guests during the holidays with a keto pumpkin coffee cake? I’m telling you, your brunch gathering will be the talk for years.
What a delight for your guests to be arrested by the aroma of pumpkin spice when they enter your home. And how neat to be able to tell them that it’s NOT a fall candle they are smelling. But that it’s a keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake you’ve made just for them.
Keto Streusel Topping
In my book, a coffee cake is only as good as its streusel topping. If it doesn’t feature a hefty amount of streusel topping it’s just not a real coffee cake.
Is that snobbish of me? But I mean isn’t the streusel topping the best part of the coffee cake?
But what does streusel even mean? Well since you asked, let me explain. You see it refers to something just strewn together. Streusel topping just means something you can easily throw together on top of a cake.
Which is very fitting because this keto pumpkin coffee cake can be made easily and features a generous crumbly streusel “simple to make” topping. This, of course, is also the case with my other keto coffee cakes.
Keto Coffee Cakes
- Just Give Me Low Carb Coffee Crumb Cake
- Easy Keto Sour Cream Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Keto Pumpkin Streusel Cup Cakes
- Keto Pumpkin Coconut Flour Coffee Cake
No Coffee In Coffee Cake
If you are wondering if I’ve added coffee to a keto pumpkin cake, fret not. There is NO coffee bean flavor in this recipe. In fact, there is no coffee in any of my keto coffee cakes.
Why? Because the name “coffee cake” just refers to the fact that it’s a cake that goes perfectly with a nice big cup of coffee. It’s not referring to the flavor of the cake.
The tradition of having a sweet cake that can be enjoyed with your morning coffee can be traced back to Germany in the 16thcentury. Looks like they came up with a brilliant idea that has lasted the test of time.
Not a coffee lover? No problem. This girl won’t take the slightest offense if you opt to have my keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake with your favorite cup of tea or All. By. Itself.
How To Make A Great Keto Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
This easy keto brunch recipe uses a few staple ingredients found in low carb keto baking. And with my guidance, I hope to help you execute it perfectly.
Tips For Making The Perfect Keto Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
- Do make sure all your ingredients for the cake portion are at room temperature, this will allow for easy mixing.
- Use only pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling. You want to use puree because it does not contain any added sugar or spices.
- Make sure you melt the butter and allow it to cool completely before creating the wet mixture. Then once cooled add the butter to the eggs, pumpkin puree, and sour cream.
- Combine all your dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding them to the wet ingredients. This way everything gets incorporated well.
Making The Perfect Keto Streusel Topping
It only takes a few basic steps to create an amazing streusel topping that is low in carbs and keto-friendly. And the reason you want a great keto streusel is that you can add this to some of our other keto cakes to further enhance them.
Trust me, once you embrace this keto streusel topping, you’ll be wanting to add it to just about any treat. I recommend you try it on our keto cream cheese pound cake for a nice little twist. Do let me know if you do because I love getting your feedback.
Keto Streusel Topping Tips
- Combine all the keto streusel dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- To this mixture add small thin slices of cold butter. It’s important that the butter to very cold. Then cut into the mixture with a pastry blender or two forks. This creates the crumbly texture that is classic in the streusel.
- Set the keto streusel aside and add it to the top of the coffee cake right before baking.
Once you have baked and allowed your keto pumpkin coffee cake to cool completely about 20 minutes. You can drizzle the top of the cake with the keto vanilla icing.
Store any leftovers in the fridge after 24 hours. Although I highly doubt you’ll end up with too many leftovers. This recipe also freezes well, making it perfect for holidays. Freeze the entire cake in the container and allow the cake to defrost in the fridge overnight or on the kitchen counter for several hours.
I can’t wait for you to add this keto pumpkin streusel coffee cake to your collection of healthy treats. If you decide to please remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook with your pictures. It’s what keeps this girl encouraged to keep sharing and perfecting her recipes for you.
Jesus and Keto Lifestyle
Before you think we’ve gone too far with the keto lifestyle, let me explain why we think you should consider combining it with the Christian faith.
As Christians Randy and discovered that in order to find true transformation in all areas of our lives, we needed to align our walk with our talk. And this included the foods we would use to nourish our bodies.
We could no longer believe God for healing but ignore our responsibility in taking care of the very place the Holy Spirit chooses to abide. To do so went against the integrity of our character.
In a bold and maybe even a bit controversial move in January of 2014, we decided to make our keto lifestyle a fast unto the Lord. What we learned has transformed our lives in ways we could have never imagined.
Today we are not only experiencing greater health, but our walk with Christ has also grown by leaps and bounds.
I encourage you to open your hearts and minds to the same possibility. Perhaps being in a state of ketosis isn’t just beneficial to your health goals, maybe when our bodies are running optimally we can hear his promptings more clearly.
You can read more here about our Jesus and Ketones lifestyle. Visit our about page to understand our personal journey and why we’ve made the decision to follow Jesus and combine it with the Keto lifestyle for greater transformation.
It has become our life mission to share what we have learned. It’s our prayer that our testimony will help others find victory in their spirit, mind, and body.
Pray for us as we believe for God to open the doors to be able to share this message with other churches.
- 2 cups of almond flour finely milled
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- Dash of clove
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter cooled
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of almond flour (I used finely milled)
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup of sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- ½ cup of your favorite low carb nuts (I used walnuts)
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 4-5 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- dash of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch square pan or 9 inch spring-form cake pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar substitute, almond flour, coconut flour, walnuts, salt and cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg.
- To the dry ingredients add the cold thinly sliced butter and cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or two forks until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sugar substitute, spices, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir the cooled melted butter, sour cream, and eggs until they are well combined.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the wet mixture and combine until well incorporated.
- Then fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Spread the batter into the pan.
- Add the streusel topping over the cake and pat gently into the batter.
- Bake the cake for for 30-35 minutes or until the crumbs are lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 20 minutes before adding the icing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315 Total Fat: 27.2g Saturated Fat: 9.6g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 95mg Carbohydrates: 6.9g Fiber: 3.5g Sugar: 1.9g Protein: 7.2g