These decadent cookies could have been called Low Carb Chocolate Overload, but is there such a thing as too much chocolate? The perfect Keto triple chocolate crinkle cookies when you want all the chocolate you can fit into a cookie.
As far as I’m concerned, you can’t have too much chocolate in your life. Well, as long as it’s a healthy low carb, keto option that is. The fact that I have an entire category dedicated to chocolate recipes, should be proof enough to tell I’m a major fan.
Can I tell you I really don’t understand people who dislike chocolate? I am not sure if I can trust them. LOL, just kidding! My son doesn’t care for chocolate much. Matthew will have chocolate on occasion, but rarely does it cross his lips.
But what’s not to love? It’s chocolate.
Maybe they just haven’t had a proper piece of chocolate ?
Well, Matthew didn’t become a raving chocolate fan like his mom, but he didn’t say no to my keto triple chocolate crinkle cookies and that’s a win in my book.
Magnesium In Chocolate
Did you know that there is evidence that we can benefit from enjoying dark chocolate in our diet? That’s because it actually contains a nice amount of magnesium, an essential mineral our bodies need to function properly.
Coming in at 176 mg in a 100 g serving, it’s a great way to add a little more magnesium in our diet. Just another great excuse to enjoy these low carb chocolate cookies.
Other Dark Chocolate Benefits
In addition to magnesium, dark chocolate contains a specific group of antioxidants called flavonoids. Flavonoids are great for our hearts by lowering LDL cholesterol, increase blood flow and lesson the treat of blood clots.
Maybe this is why during Valentines Day we commonly associate hearts with chocolate? Hmmmmm
Triple Chocolate Coming Your Way
I chose to add three different types of chocolate because I wanted the richest triple chocolate crinkle cookie recipe. Plus it was a delicious way to raise my magnesium levels.
Back in the day, I used to bake a high carb version of this cookie for our youth group. When this cookie made an appearance, the youth would go wild.
Well, although the carb-loaded cookie was quite delicious, it needed a low carb keto conversion. I just love how just the right amount of tweaking brought back one of our favorite cookies back.
I sure hope you will give these keto triple chocolate crinkle cookies a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Keto Hack To Stay On Track
If you have been struggling to get into ketosis on your low carb keto diet or hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge, consider using Keto//OS
By doing so you will naturally elevate your ketones and this means you will see a major reduction in appetite, carb cravings, and sustained energy.
This makes the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option.
We are seeing how this all natural powerful supplement is helping so many of our Fittoserve Group Community.
I encourage you to watch this short 4 minute explainer video to learn the science behind Keto//OS
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Keto Triple Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Yields 48 cookies
Low Carb Triple Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are the perfect low carb treat when you are craving a dark rich chocolate cookie.
10 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 4 ounces of sugar free chocolate chips (1/2 cup) (I use Lily’s Stevia sweetened)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa baking powder
- ½ cup of butter (1 stick)
- 4 eggs whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
- 3/4 cup of almond flour finely milled
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- An additional ¾ cup chocolate chips (to add to batter at the end)
- ¼ cup of Swerve confectioners’ sugar (for sprinkling after baking)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease your pan.
- Melt the 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate baking squares and 4 ounces of sugar-free chocolate chips with the ½ cup of butter until fully melted and combined on low heat in a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl mix the 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa baking powder, almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, and instant coffee and set aside.
- Now to the cooled chocolate and butter mixture add the 4 eggs, vanilla, sugar substitute and mix well. To this batter add the dry ingredients in the separate bowl and stir until just combined.
- Fold into the batter the 3/4 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips until combined.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge to chill for at least ½ hour.
- Place spoonful’s of the chilled dough on the parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for about 13 minutes. Note: Don’t over bake this cookie to make sure it has the right consistency of chewy inside and crispy outside.
Looking for the most affordable way to test your ketone levels? The Best Ketone Testhas finally made this possible.