Looking for a way to enjoy scones again? My recipe for keto chocolate chip scones will bring the tradition of tea and scones back into your keto lifestyle.
High tea anyone? Perhaps ceremonious tea is not your thing, but the scones that accompany this tradition would make a believer out of any skeptic. Unfortunately, even though I love a good cup of tea and this girl does, the high carb count in most scones would ruin the high tea experience for me.
Thankfully, you can have your cup of tea and a low carb treat and not be derailed with this recipe. Although traditional scones are not overly sweet, the regular flours used in them can cause your insulin levels to spike through the roof. Keeping our insulin at an even keel is not just something diabetics can benefit from.
This is why I wanted to share with you my keto chocolate chip scones for you to safely enjoy.
My keto scones are a great treat because they are low in carbs and easy to make. If you enjoy this chocolate keto scones you may also enjoy our low carb strawberry scones. I think it’s important to include healthy treats into your diet in order to avoid major slips. I hope the recipes I share with you give you the confidence to do this lifestyle successfully.
If you live in the Miami, Florida area, we invite you to join us for our free community group. We are here to support you on your journey to be whole in spirit, mind and body through a Christian perspective. We endorse a low carb ketogenic diet for greater health.
Have you been struggling to get into ketosis? Has it been a challenge to stay on a low carb diet?
Allow us to introduce you to Keto/OS an exogenous ketone. Keto/OS is a state of the art supplement that raises blood ketones allowing you to get into therapeutic ketosis easier. Pick up your Keto/OS here
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle.
We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Keto Chocolate Chip Scones
A low carb keto chocolate chip scones
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- ½ cup of sugar-free chocolate chips (I use Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips)
- 1 ½ cups of almond flour
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool. In a large stand-up mixer combine the sugar substitute, melted butter and the eggs. Next add all the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Lastly, stir in the sugar free chocolate chips.
- Pour batter (note that it will be thick) into fully greased round cake pan or cast-iron skillet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
If you like these scones you may also enjoy our Low Carb Strawberry Scones.