Who doesn’t need another creative way to meal plan? Planning your meals ahead of time, especially if you are busy just makes sense.
When people start a low carb ketogenic diet I always encourage them to plan, plan, and then plan some more.
It’s the most effective way to ensure success. There is just no such thing as over doing this as far as I am concerned.
Taking the extra time to plan out your meals will take the stress out of what to serve for dinner every day. If there is one thing I tell our FITTOSERVE Community Group is to cook once eat twice whenever possible.
Simply put, if you’re going to go through the trouble of turning on your stove, why not make two meals out of your efforts?
In fact, when I think of who FITTOSERVE can assist, I always see the Marthas of this world. These are the people who are always serving others and need to be reminded to take time to recharge their own lives, so that they can be fit to serve.
Since 2007 Heartbeat of Miami Pregnancy Help Medical Clinics have been providing “lifesaving help in a life changing way” to women and couples with an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy.
Our family has supported this ministry since its inception, and it’s been a true honor to see firsthand what a blessing this non-profit organization is to our community.
Thankfully, Martha gets it. She understands that a little prep time will go a long way when it comes to staying on course on a low carb plan.
As an active member of FITTOSERVE Group, she has been known to create multiple meals out of one entrée.
I am convinced that it’s her consistent planning that makes it possible to serve her community well.
The following recipe for low carb chicken patties is one of Martha’s creations. It is a perfect example of why it makes sense to cook once and eat twice.
Martha is a beautiful encourager. She is always sending me recipes, health articles and cheering me on.
Assisting her on her journey to be whole in spirit, mind and body has been a privilege.
Recently, I spent the day at Heartbeat of Miami’s administrative office volunteering. It’s amazing to see the heart of this ministry behind the scenes.
They are currently busy getting ready for their Annual Heartbeat Gala if you are interested in being a sponsor of this event or would like to support this ministry in other ways, visit their website All donations are tax-deductible.
Low Carb Broth and Low Carb Chicken Patties
Guest recipe post: cook once eat twice. How to make a large broth and low chicken patties with the leftovers.
25 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 quarts of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 shredded chicken breasts (reserved from chicken broth recipe once cooled)
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of coconut oil (for frying)
- Add all the ingredients to a large stock pot. Cook at low to medium heat for two to three hours or until chicken begins to fall off the bone. Strain all the chicken and vegetables and reserve the broth. Consume right away or freeze for later use.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken breast, dry seasonings, two egg and grated parmesan cheese.
- Form 10 chicken patties and fry in a non-stick pan with coconut oil until lightly brown on both sides.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro and accompany with your favorite low carb vegetables.
Having trouble staying on a low carb ketogenic diet? Allow us to introduce to you a KETO//OS a supplement that is helping many stay on track effortlessly.
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle.
We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.