Let me introduce to you Rosalinda Gutierrez. Her health transformation is inspiring and her mouth-watering recipes will make a cook out of anyone. Today, she is sharing her low carb Mexican pollo a vapor recipe for us to enjoy.
Guest Post: I am from a town in Jalisco in the country of Mexico. A great state in Mexico that is known as the Pearl of pride, or La Perla Tapatia, a nickname that comes heavy with the responsibility of our ancestors traditions.
This is where Tequila, Mariachis, Jaripeos, and some of Mexico’s most typical foods were birthed.
It’s hard to believe that only six months ago I was facing an uncertain future. I was laid up in a hospital bed due to a stroke that caused me a paralysis.
This was a very challenging time for me and my family. What brought me to this place? A lifetime of food addictions and a myriad of other health issues.
Yet it was while I was in the hospital that I was first introduced to a low carb, ketogenic diet.
I was blessed to have a doctor suggest this way of eating and they even started me in the hospital with this plan.
Unfortunately, at the time my heart was just thinking how I would have to put to rest my beloved Mexican food.
No more, tortillas, Mexican rice, chips, frijoles (beans) and pan dulce (sweetened breads) How was I ever going to live without my Mexican food?
I knew I had to make a drastic change and with nothing to lose and everything to fight for, I made the leap and jumped all in into the LCHF lifestyle.
That decision was an answer to prayer. Today, I’m recovering at 85% mobility and I have lost close to 40 pounds. I am healthier than ever before with a new-found energy I never had due to Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue.
What I soon discovered was that I could stay true to my Mexican roots and cook LCHF without sacrificing the authentic Mexican flavors I grew up with.
I began to adapt my favorite recipes and before long I found myself sharing them with family and friends while sharing my new lifestyle.
The following recipe is a staple in my home. I hope my story inspires you to make the necessary changes for greater health.
A Keto Tip That Can Assist
If you have been struggling to get into ketosis, hit a plateau that doesn’t seem to budge, consider using Keto//OS by doing so you will naturally elevate your ketones and this means you will see a major reduction in appetite, carb cravings, and sustained energy.
This makes the low carb keto lifestyle a viable sustainable option. We are seeing how this all natural powerful supplement is helping so many of our Fittoserve Group Community.
I encourage you to watch this short 4 minute explainer video to learn the science behind Keto//OS
Feel free to reach out to us with your questions regarding Keto//os and the keto lifestyle. We can even schedule a phone call and coach you for free when you make a 15, 20, or 30 day purchase.
For detail information on which plan can best suit your needs read more here.
Low Carb Mexican Pollo a Vapor
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 6 pieces of chicken (dark or white pieces)
- ½ large onion sliced
- 1 large tomato chopped into big pieces
- 1 small bell pepper sliced
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Pappy’s Seasoning or any Season Salt of your choice
- 1 or 2 Chipotle Chiles & Adobo Sauce (These come in a can)
- Cut all the vegetables in thick slices.
- In a deep pot add ½ cup of water and begin to layer the chicken and vegetables making sure you season each layer well, do not worry it will not be salty.
- Seasoning each layer will ensure that it will not be bland.
- On the top layer add the chipotle chilies.
- Cover with a well-fitting lid and cook at low-medium heat for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Resist the temptation to uncover before time. Doing so will cause the liquid to evaporate and this dish is known for is its juices. (pollo a vapor means chicken cooked in its vapor)
- After 45 minutes check on your chicken.
- You know it is done, when your top layer chicken is falling apart tender.
- This recipe can also be cooked easily in a crock pot.
You can follow Rosalinda and her growing collection of recipes on Instagram