A delicious recipe for a low carb poke cake decorated for the 4th of July.
Summer should be the perfect time to relax and enjoy each other’s company, but our fast-paced schedules can sometimes hinder what should come naturally. Thankfully, we get to push the pause button in the middle of the summer to celebrate our nations birthday.
The 4th of July brings a much needed break and an opportunity to recharge our batteries with family and friends. Nothing brings people together like sharing a meal, which is why I am sharing this low carb poke cake with you.
Beautiful things happen when we slow down enough to engage in meaningful conversations around food. So many of my greatest memories can be traced back to the holiday table.
While holidays can be filled with fun opportunities, they can spell disaster if you are trying to lose weight or simply eat healthy. Thankfully, on a low carb diet it’s easier to stay on course by simply doing a little planning ahead of time.
I love sharing my low carb keto dishes when invited to a BBQ or gathering.
Can you think of anything more special than a beautiful, delicious low carb poke cake in the form of an American flag? Most people are surprised to see that we don’t feel deprived on this diet.
Frankly, I am enjoying my meals more than ever and it has to do with the fact that my body is finally being nourished properly.
If you are planning a gathering or invited to one this 4th of July, why not consider serving my Low Carb Poke Cake and my broccoli and cauliflower salad. I assure you that you will be the hero at the party.
Don’t leave without signing up for blog via email and pinning our recipes. Enjoy in good health!
Serving Size 30 slices of cake
Yields 30 servings
The perfect Low Carb Keto 4th of July cake. Not only is it delicious but decorated in the form of an American flag it makes the perfect addition to the holiday table.
1 hrPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Cook Time
2 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 ½ cups almond flour (use sesame seed flour for a nut free option)
- 2 cups of swerve or other sugar substitute
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 8 eggs
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 package sugar free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ice water
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup of softened cream cheese (optional but will help stabilize the whipped cream)
- 4 teaspoons swerve or other sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Beat all of the ingredients until light and fluffy.
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- 2 pints of fresh thinly sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl mix with an electric mixer on high the butter with the sugar substitute until well mixed then add the softened cream cheese.
- Next add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each egg addition. Add the vanilla.
- Next, add all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a well- greased 9" x 13" cake pan bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown on top. Allow cake to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the gelatin according to the directions on the box using ice water.
- Allow the gelatin to set in the fridge lightly, about for 30-45 minutes.
- Poke the entire surface of the cake every 1/2 inch with a skewer or fork. Slowly and pour the liquid gelatin over the entire cake.
- Allow the cake to chill for at least 2 hours to set.
- Add the whipped topping evenly over the entire cake once it has chilled for at least two hours.
- Decorate the low carb poke cake with sliced strawberries and blue berries in a flag pattern.
- Nutrition Info: (per Serving) 300 Calories, 22.5g Fat, 5.1g Total Carbs (2.5 g Fiber), 6.2g Protein
A Great Holiday Keto Tip
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes.
You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer. I invite you to read more about the success we are seeing in our community group here.