Spatchcock Sriracha Mustard Chicken a tasty and fast way to cook a whole chicken.
This is probably the fastest way to cook a whole chicken, I have ever come across. If you’re not familiar with the spatchcock technique, pull up a chair you’re going to thank me for this.
Spatchcock also known as spattlecock, is a way to prepare poultry for roasting or grilling. The backbone of the chicken is removed, which allows for the chicken to flatten nicely into your roasting pan.
Why do you want to cook your chicken this way? For one it cuts the cooking time in half which translates into a juicer bird.
Who doesn’t want to cook faster and more efficiently? Don’t let the funny name deter you. Spatchcock is a simple technique that will get you in and out or your kitchen faster. One of the main reasons I like spatchcocking is that exposes more skin, which allows for the chicken skin to crisp nicely.
Besides roasting a whole chicken in half the time, it makes a more elegant presentation and makes carving a chicken much easier. Sounds like something to remember come Thanksgiving Day.
Until then, I plan on cooking this way more often since having cooked roasted chicken leftovers is also a step away from another quick meal.
For this recipe I also wanted a nice way to use the Sriracha mustard I recently found in my local supermarket.
Wanting the chicken to shine I made a combination of white wine and the Sriracha mustard to pour over the chicken before placing it in the oven. The result of my little experiment? A new and delicious way to bring dinner to the table quickly.
Low Carb Sriracha Mustard Spachcock Chicken
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- One large 5 pound roasting chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup white wine
- 1/3 cup of Sriracha mustard (substitute with brown mustard and 1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- To spatchcock your chicken place the whole bird breast side down, you want the legs facing you.
- With cooking shears cut along the backbone moving from tail to neck. Remove the entire backbone, then flip the chicken and with the heel of your hand flatten the breastbone. What you want is for all the chicken to lie uniformly flat.
- Season your chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Mix together the white wine with the sriracha mustard to make a sauce.
- Use this sauce mixture to pour over chicken before placing in the oven.
- Roast your chicken for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees or longer depending on your bird’s size.
Easy Keto Tip
Looking for proven ways to stay committed to a low carb keto plan? Look no more! Allow me to introduce to you Keto//OS the first therapeutic ketone supplement that allows you to drink your ketones and put you into ketosis in under 59 minutes.
You can now stay the course longterm with this amazing supplement. To be able to have ketosis on demand is simply a game-changer.
I invite you to read more about being in a state of ketosis and how to do so quickly.