Yum, peanut butter and chocolate! I have always loved this combination, even more than peanut butter and jelly. Maybe I had one to many of those sandwiches growing up?
I find that there are people who either love peanut butter or don’t understand those of us who do. My husband is one of those individuals.
The funny thing is he may not like peanut butter straight out of a jar, yet he loves when I bake with it. For instance he loved my low carb peanut butter cookie and the pie I am about to share with you.
Personally, I don’t really understand this about him. He loves peanuts but not peanut butter, go figure! Maybe it’s a texture thing. All I can say is we have been married now for thirty years and I am still discovering things about him.
These days, peanut butter and chocolate need to go hand in hand a little differently for us. As a low-carber of three years now, most recipes need to be tweaked.
I understand that peanut butter can be a little higher in carbohydrates but we are now in maintenance mode so peanuts and peanut butter do not affect us. Thankfully, it does not throw us out of ketosis (burning fat for fuel versus sugar, glucose)
I hope you enjoy this pie as much as we did! If so, make sure you share away!
Low Carb Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
A low carb peanut butter chocolate swirl cream pie.
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 stick of butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon sugar substitute ( I use swerve)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 8 ounce packages of full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar substitute (I use swerve)
- 1 1/2 cups all natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate shavings (optional)
- Crust: Combine melted butter, almond flour, and sugar substitute to make the crust. Press into a large pan, I used a glass oval one that was 11”x12” Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Allow to cool completely.
- Filling: In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar substitute, and the peanut butter until fully incorporated and smooth.
- In an upright beater, beat the whipping cream on high until stiff peaks form.
- Next gently fold by hand the whipped cream into the cream cheese peanut butter mixture until well blended.
- Chocolate Swirl: In a small bowl use ½ a cup of the peanut butter cream cheese batter and mix with the ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder. (optional add another tablespoon of sugar substitute) This will become the chocolate swirl in your pie.
- Spread the peanut butter cream cheese batter evenly into the crust.
- Next add the chocolate swirl on top of your pie and with a tooth pick swirl it into the batter being careful not to disturb the crust.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving. Optional garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Easy Keto Tip
Have you been delaying making this lifestyle change because of the transition into burning fat for fuel versus sugar?
Allow us to introduce to you a supplement that is making the transition for many in our community.